Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Shifts or Tectons. I originally ordered Shifts, but these are light enough I’m thinking to just go all light with the Tectons.

Melee, apologies if you answered this already but do you have any of the touring demo skis at the factory mounted with tech bindings? I’d like to try the deathwish tour or wildcat tour at some point this winter with my touring boots.

What is the meridian like? I looked like 10 pages and just it’s stiff with full rocker. Is it traditional mount? Big mtn? Assymetrical.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

The commander didn't really attract my interest at first but it seems like a really interesting blend of trails. It'll either do a lot of things well or be a bit of a camel. I'm really interested to hear the initial feedback but most things i've seen have been positive.

Melee, any thoughts on the 168cm 108 as a women's "charger" ski for softer conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Commander 98 vs. PB&J.

Very different skis.

The Commander 98 is a direction ripper with two sheets of metal, carbon fiberstringers and a damp core. The dual radius sidecut has a recommended mount of -8cm.

The PB&J is a lot more playful and easier to ski. Camber underfoot and rocker at the tip and tail. Its a little wider at 101mm underfoot. The recommended mount is -5cm so its easier to engage a turn and pivot in tight spots.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    What is the meridian like? I looked like 10 pages and just it’s stiff with full rocker. Is it traditional mount? Big mtn? Assymetrical.
    Stiff. Full subtle rocker. Progressive mount -- around -5 or -6 i think. Not assymetrical in actuality -- just funny shaped tips for the lols.

I have a pair of the og meridians. so much fun. the stiff profile allow them to blow through crud, smear and or carve any shape turn and very stable at speed on hard pack. It took a few days to get adjusted and aggressively detuning tips and tails got rid of any negative hookiness they had. daily driver

Moment Skis Discussion

Meridians are the beefiest Moments I have ever felt, in terms of flex and density. I havent felt the Garbones, although have felt the 192 OG Belafonte.

I personally think full rocker (and R/R theoretically) works best in stiffer layups. It makes that pivot sensation super precise IME. On top of making the skis rage in crud.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Will report back later this winter on the Meridian Tour. Pulled the trigger Thursday on a pair of 171's for my wife. Hoping they will be a sweet daily driver for her both in bounds and touring. WERY HIGH HOPES that these will be kind of a unicorn.

I have the meridian tour and really like them. I hadn't had an actual touring core ski in some time and absolutely love them in most all conditions. Once you figure out the balance point they are money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Moment Skis Discussion

Good thread. Just received my 2017-18 Moment Meridian 117s from SAC. They are stiff. Hope they’re like a fat, smeary Renegade. Rec mount is -5 (where my Renegades were mounted). Also mounted my 2018 PBJs. Looking forward to trying them both.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 10-21-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Saw teenaged on some sweet, old PB&J’s & they were stiff......

Had me thinking the PB&DEATH could be a hell of a ski.

Any status updates?

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Good thread. Just received my 2017-18 Moment Meridian 117s from SAC. They are stiff. Hope they’re like a fat, smeary Renegade. Rec mount is -5 (where my Renegades were mounted). Also mounted my 2018 PBJs. Looking forward to trying them both.
    Awesome, was looking at those on SAC too, they were a great deal! Looking forward to your thoughts, several of us here are also super interested in this ski

Any comments on mount point for Bobby/Wildcat Tours. Rec feels forward.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I like my 184s more at -1.

But I liked the 190s I skied for a lap just fine on the line.

They are designed with a relatively progressive mount.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post

Attachment 252129

I went on the line with shifts.

I skied the 2013 Bibby at recommended mount and the more I skied them, the more I liked them. This shape does take a day or two to get the feel for IME, but then they kick ass. You can drive this design way more than other similar “freestyle” skis. From the other more traditionally mounted skis you enjoy, I think this is by far the best freestyle ski for someone of your strength and style to be on. The 190 Bibbys kind of feel like a jibbier, easier going 191 Wren in some senses. Obviously the Bibbys have more rocker and feel as such. Thats why I’m back on this shape this year though, its so good. The tour version feels nice and light for me.

I havent messed with mounts myself, but I somehow feel like this is a ski that would tolerate a -1cm mount. Just because the massive sweet spot and how it likes to be driven hard. I would wait and see what Melee says though.

I ski the 184s and would go back from rec line. Love them but I’d like more ski out front.

I have bibbys mounted at rec and decided to mount my tours with shift +2...hoping for a bit jibbier feel on these

Moment Skis Discussion

Props to Moment for keeping a tried and true shape in the lineup for so long!

Don’t fix what aint broken.

Moment Skis Discussion

https://youtu.be/1HMTMde5-6o

I love this video, probably watched it 20 times now. It shows the short radius and more importantly the long radius capabilities, as well as floatation and versatility of the Bibby Tour. It shows some inbounds rippage too, for guys looking for a 50/50 ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Attachment 252129

I went on the line with shifts.

I skied the 2013 Bibby at recommended mount and the more I skied them, the more I liked them. This shape does take a day or two to get the feel for IME, but then they kick ass. You can drive this design way more than other similar “freestyle” skis. From the other more traditionally mounted skis you enjoy, I think this is by far the best freestyle ski for someone of your strength and style to be on. The 190 Bibbys kind of feel like a jibbier, easier going 191 Wren in some senses. Obviously the Bibbys have more rocker and feel as such. Thats why I’m back on this shape this year though, its so good. The tour version feels nice and light for me.

I havent messed with mounts myself, but I somehow feel like this is a ski that would tolerate a -1cm mount. Just because the massive sweet spot and how it likes to be driven hard. I would wait and see what Melee says though.

Once my Shifts arrive, I am going to have the exact same ski haha Great minds think alike. I think this setup is going to be so good, you may even be able to ski them inbounds sometimes.

To the discussion of mount, I come from a more traditional style being forward on the tips (used to race in college), and I really like them on the line. It may take a bit to get used too the more progressive mount as mentioned, but its such a strong ski that you can still get on them from the suggested mount. They like to be pushed when on edge. Yet the rocker profile allows them to pivot well in deep stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Once my Shifts arrive, I am going to have the exact same ski haha Great minds think alike. I think this setup is going to be so good, you may even be able to ski them inbounds sometimes.

To the discussion of mount, I come from a more traditional style being forward on the tips (used to race in college), and I really like them on the line. It may take a bit to get used too the more progressive mount as mentioned, but its such a strong ski that you can still get on them from the suggested mount. They like to be pushed when on edge. Yet the rocker profile allows them to pivot well in deep stuff too.
    This set up is so light for me lol. I’m excited to go uphill now! Its easily a few pounds lighter per foot than anything else I have ever owned. I think the design of both Bibby Tour and Shift bindings will make it really easy for me to transition into touring from regular skis and bindings.

Moment made it super easy for me, I bought everything there and they mounted everything up easy peasy. I feel good buying there. Hassle free, no thought needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    This set up is so light for me lol. I’m excited to go uphill now! Its easily a few pounds lighter per foot than anything else I have ever owned. I think the design of both Bibby Tour and Shift bindings will make it really easy for me to transition into touring from regular skis and bindings.

Moment made it super easy for me, I bought everything there and they mounted everything up easy peasy. I feel good buying there. Hassle free, no thought needed.

Yeah, it's dope Moment has their own shop now at the factory! SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SKI MAKER.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Moment Skis Discussion

Walking in the shop is always sick. I have gone 4 times this year, it never gets old. I feel like I’m supporting America!

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Good meeting you today.
    I was the kid that walked in to buy shifts and have skis mounted while you were there..

At least I think that was you that I recognized from your youtube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    Melee, apologies if you answered this already but do you have any of the touring demo skis at the factory mounted with tech bindings? I’d like to try the deathwish tour or wildcat tour at some point this winter with my touring boots.
    We have over 80 skis available for demo and have most of the touring skis setup with Dyanfit FT2.0 demo bindings at the shop.

Free to demo.

Stop on by when we get snow!