Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I am an old guy only 5'7" and own the regular Deathwish and Deathwish tour in 174.
    How’s that dw tour as an inbounds ski?

I realize it’s not the intended purpose but I’m looking for something 106-ish for skied out days at the resort.

It’s “softer” but by how much? Do you find the speed limit on firm groomers?

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post

I realize it’s not the intended purpose but I’m looking for something 106-ish for skied out days at the resort.

Why in the world would you want a lighter, softer ski for skied out days at the resort? It's not like the regular dw is overly heavy or stiff.

Narrower.

Narrower.
    If you want a narrower deathwish have them make you a custom PB&Death.

Personally -- i like the regular deathwish for what you're talking about here in CO. But also think a little narrower would be the ticket. However, I wouldn't want to go any softer than the current Deathwish which is noticably softer than the PB&J or Bibby.

The DW Tour isn't really softer. Just lighter, so it isn't as damp and doesn't blow through chop as well.

A lot of folks and women like the shorter tour skis as resort skis so if lightweight is your thing go for it, just know what you're giving up.

The Deathwish is softer than the Bibby and PB&J but the flex profile for 18/19 on the DW has been redefined and is stiffer, especially the 190cm at the tips and tails.

Lastly, we have made some PB&Deaths and people love them. I personally haven't been on one yet but its one of the skis we are playing with more this Fall for the 19/20 Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    ... but its one of the skis we are playing with more this Fall for the 19/20 Collection.

Yes please.

The DW Tour isn't really softer. Just lighter, so it isn't as damp and doesn't blow through chop as well.

A lot of folks and women like the shorter tour skis as resort skis so if lightweight is your thing go for it, just know what you're giving up.

The Deathwish is softer than the Bibby and PB&J but the flex profile for 18/19 on the DW has been redefined and is stiffer, especially the 190cm at the tips and tails.

Lastly, we have made some PB&Deaths and people love them. I personally haven't been on one yet but its one of the skis we are playing with more this Fall for the 19/20 Collection.
    Interesting!

Possible to do a run for this season, or are you at production capacity?

If so, what does a critical mass look like for a group buy here, to keep costs in line with retail?

Interesting!

Possible to do a run for this season, or are you at production capacity?

If so, what does a critical mass look like for a group buy here, to keep costs in line with retail?
    We are so busy right now. The production calendar is booked into December with little room to make anything else.

We are in the process of hiring another edge and layup tech but it takes time to get those positions up to speed.

If you wanted to do a group buy to keep them at retail pricing we would need ten pairs pre-ordered.

A PB&Death is a super easy production tweak and can be slipped in anytime. We could lay them all up in an afternoon...

Just to clarify reb&death:

- It's a PB&J shape, in Deathwish camber mold?
    - Follows PB&J sizing?
    - PB&J flex or deathwish flex?
    - Would group buy need to be all one size?
    - Would group buy need to be the current topsheet? If not, any Moment topsheet available assuming we can agree on one?

Could potentially get down in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Just to clarify reb&death:

- It's a PB&J shape, in Deathwish camber mold?
    - Follows PB&J sizing?
    - PB&J flex or deathwish flex?
    - Would group buy need to be all one size?
    - Would group buy need to be the current topsheet? If not, any Moment topsheet available assuming we can agree on one?

Could potentially get down in a few months.
    The PB&Death is the PB&J shape in the Deathwish mold. So a PB&J with Triple Camber Twin Rocker.

It follows PB&J sizing: 162, 172, ,182, 188

We can use the PB&J or Deathwish flex...but all must be the same for production.

I can make the group buy happen with ten pairs. Two sizes max.

Any topsheet is available but they all have to be the same.

Still waiting for that ONE ski that has been in development for at least 3 years...you know, the Super LE????

As far as the Tour skis are concerned...the old Exit World (Bibby shape) and my current Bibby Tour can be skied as hard as required and the skis handle just fine. As an old hack, I put them through the paces in every known ski condition, and I'm more than happy skiing them wherever and whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Still waiting for that ONE ski that has been in development for at least 3 years...you know, the Super LE????

As far as the Tour skis are concerned...the old Exit World (Bibby shape) and my current Bibby Tour can be skied as hard as required and the skis handle just fine. As an old hack, I put them through the paces in every known ski condition, and I'm more than happy skiing them wherever and whenever.
    Oh, The Chief Commander 207? We are working on it...

Beutegeuse said he was broke. Don't put him into debt.

The PB&Death is the PB&J shape in the Deathwish mold. So a PB&J with Triple Camber Twin Rocker.

It follows PB&J sizing: 162, 172, ,182, 188

We can use the PB&J or Deathwish flex...but all must be the same for production.

I can make the group buy happen with ten pairs. Two sizes max.

Any topsheet is available but they all have to be the same.
    Awesome. When would you need this solidified by to put it into production this year?

Awesome. When would you need this solidified by to put it into production this year?
    The sooner the better.

Different weeks allow for different layups depending on what presses are in, but ten pairs can be laid up in an afternoon.

Hash out the details with Jake. Email: jake@momentskis.com

I already gave him the run down. Once we get ten paid invoices they will go into production asap.

As Luke said, the lighter weight changes how it handles depending on conditions. It skis back country blower like the regular Deathwish but honestly I would not ski it inbounds unless conditions were packed powder. Never tried them in hard conditions especially with my BC boots, they are not nearly as burly as my 130 flex alpine boots.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    As Luke said, the lighter weight changes how it handles depending on conditions. It skis back country blower like the regular Deathwish but honestly I would not ski it inbounds unless conditions were packed powder. Never tried them in hard conditions especially with my BC boots, they are not nearly as burly as my 130 flex alpine boots.
    FYI, New ones do have a stiffer flex profile, just like the stock DW.

You're right though, a stock DW will crush variable snow and chop much better.

Keep me looped in.

Moment Skis Discussion

Serious question..where would a pb&death perform better than a regular Pb&J? More slarvey? More edgey? Both? Am I way off?

Any chance of a heavier (2100g/ski 190cm) resort friendly wildcat 108 for 2020? I think I’d cream

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

70/30 Resort Powder/Touring ski

Loving this thread. Lots of great info. I'm trying to get as many opinions as I can before I pull the trigger this season but I plan on getting the 190 DW or waiting for the (hopefully) late December run of the 190 Blister Pro. I'm looking to get a 70/30 Resort Powder/Touring ski as my #2 (I already have a sub 100 charger for the CO early season or no new snow groomer days).

I'm leaning towards the DW because of the stiffer flex this year and it's slightly narrower but I think still does the trick from everything I've read. Am I on the right track?

Moment Skis Discussion

Yessssss. Idk if serious but yes

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Serious question..where would a pb&death perform better than a regular Pb&J? More slarvey? More edgey? Both? Am I way off?

Any chance of a heavier (2100g/ski 190cm) resort friendly wildcat 108 for 2020? I think I’d cream
    Stock PB&J would be more playful. PB&Death will want to hook up and hold a stronger edge. Triple Camber Twin Rocker allows the edge in contact with the snow to get more bite and holds a stronger turn.

19/20 Wildcat 108 non-tour....hmmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Yessssss. Idk if serious but yes

TGR Forums
    Its real. Its a straight ski. All parts have been made. We just need to press the damn things. Other skis just keep selling out...

Moment Skis Discussion

Nice. They all seem like great additions to the line up.

About the PB&Jib, does the bamboo affect edge hold at all?

If I was flush I would load up on so many customs from you guys.

Stock PB&J would be more playful. PB&Death will want to hook up and hold a stronger edge. Triple Camber Twin Rocker allows the edge in contact with the snow to get more bite and holds a stronger turn.

19/20 Wildcat 108 non-tour....hmmmmmmm.
    This assumes the PB&Death is made with the PB&J flex correct?

I was thinking of a PB&J with a Deathwish flex. Easier to flex and more playful than a PB&J, but with the edge grip of the existing deathwish in a narrower package that is more fun in bumps and groomers.