Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Our nine year old Granddaughter ripping on her Moment Carson's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qodv...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Why don't we just go ahead and start the chant for a standard layup Wildcat 108 in the regular ski lineup. Who wouldn't want that?
    Isn't the PB&J basically a Wildcat 100?? Seems like it.

Just had my second day on 188 PB&Js after years on the 190 Bibby. If it's coming out primarily on non-pow days, I think the Commander 108 would better complement the Bibbys, at least for my directional style - flat tail, more directional, more metallllll \m/

Wildcat 108 could replace both, but why would somebody ever replace a Bibby!?? Heresy.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Def worth it. I have bibby's, gpo's and meridians and stilled scored some night trains for deep days.
    Would love to hear a comparison between the Bibby, GPO, and Meridian 117 (I assume?) when you've digested them. I was hoping to try out a stiff fully-rockered pow ski (like the Renegade...) and Meridian 117 seems like it might fit the bill.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Would love to hear a comparison between the Bibby, GPO, and Meridian 117 (I assume?) when you've digested them. I was hoping to try out a stiff fully-rockered pow ski (like the Renegade...) and Meridian 117 seems like it might fit the bill.
    Don't have the 117, unfortunately. I got a pair of meridian 107's at a local consignment sale w/ aattacks for under $200... The 107 is fun as all get out. I'm a directional skier and it makes me want to ski backwards and spin, still damp enough to hit icy chopped up groomers at high speed, nimble enough for trees obvs... I bought it cus I didn't have anything skinnier than a GPO mounted alpine, good decision there

Edit - based on your previous post liking a directional style and flat tail - I'd be the meridian 117 would be a good option for you, especially compared to the new renegade. I've fondled both and the meridians are planks. Gotta be one of if not the chargiest full reverse skis out there - it's gonna be damp and go fast well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I'm suffering from the same illness, but haven't pulled the trigger. Can you guys convince me that I "need" the Bananas for this season's trips to AK and Jackson (plus usual Tahoe days). I have some DWs for my daily drivers and 190 Bibbys, but I can't stop drooling over the CPs. Thinking they would be a ton of fun in AK fresh.
    Holy cow - I convinced myself and I'm just gonna use these at Crystal when there's new snow. You definitely need the Bananas, I feel like they'd be a dream in those conditions...

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    custom Maple Heavy Wildcat 108s for 2020! If I’m only buying one ski next year, I might save up the $1250 for a full custom from Moment. I bet it’s worth it. Will address this 10 months from now
    Heavy core w/ #4.5 flex and CCR? Oh wait...

Moment Skis Discussion

I want a slightly softer and more poppy, but significantly heavier version of the wildcat shape for 2020. Like how the PB&Jib is to the PB&J, but in the wildcat 108 or 118. Although I want maple instead of Bamboo I think. And at that point, I’d probably just throw in a custom graphic too.

I cant think about this for at least 10 months.. I need to move out of my moms first and figure out where I will end up (Portland or LA), and get a decent job

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Moment Skis Discussion

Betelgeuse you make me feel better about my 6 pairs.

Snow coming to Whistler and Baker this week!! Waxing the Meridian 117sAttachment 259450Attachment 259451

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post

Snow coming to Whistler and Baker this week!! Waxing the Meridian 117sAttachment 259450Attachment 259451
    Can we get a rocker pic?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Can we get a rocker pic?

Not sure if these will help. But here ya go. First pic there is a ski strap around middle.
    Attachment 259479

Attachment 259480

Attachment 259481

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    I’m going to be down to 4 skis, including 1 for touring, by xmas!

Wildcats, PB&Js, and Bibby Tours are among those 4

I'm close - Wildcats @ 190, Tours @ 184 and 108 Tours (184).

I'll ski the hell out of all of the above...will probably get some Commander 98s at some point too.

I'll post a review of the 108 Tour when I get some time up on em.

The Moment Mustache Rocker Quiver can do everything, and you dont have to switch up your style much between skis because the shapes are similar just thinner/wider.

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post

I'll ski the hell out of all of the above...

Please and thank you
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Moment Skis Discussion

OK. I’m back to 5...canceled the MSP 99 order.

Got a crazy threesome thing going with Moment, Icelantic and 4FRNT....Dukes on the Icelantics....Jester Pros on everything else.

Lots of overlap:

181 Moment Meridian 117
    181 4FRNT Inthayne
    181 Icelantic Nomad 115
    181 Icelantic Nomad 105
    182 Moment PB&J

Not gonna lie, the 181 Meridian 107 and 178 Commander 98 could replace the two Icelantics and 4FRNT. Hahahaha

I fucking love skis.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-15-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
    Holy cow - I convinced myself and I'm just gonna use these at Crystal when there's new snow. You definitely need the Bananas, I feel like they'd be a dream in those conditions...
    Done!! Bananas ordered with some filthy pivots!! Let's go!!! Can't wait to get these in some fresh!

Attachment 259656

Had the 98s out today & they were NOT what I was anticipating. They were more comparable to my Head RD SL 168cm teamer skis than anything else. No playfulness; all business. Hot lapped the recent WC course for a few hours & they railed on the boilerplate & dust. Serious skis on par near the OG Squad or S Lab. Comfort skiers & dentists need not apply. I’m pulling GS/SG turns & felt like a redeo clown trying to hold it down.

Attachment 259657

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Done!! Bananas ordered with some filthy pivots!! Let's go!!! Can't wait to get these in some fresh!
    Wooooo way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post

I'll ski the hell out of all of the above...will probably get some Commander 98s at some point too.

Where’d you mount the 108s? Thinking about -1 or 2

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

Had the 98s out today & they were NOT what I was anticipating. They were more comparable to my Head RD SL 168cm teamer skis than anything else. No playfulness; all business. Hot lapped the recent WC course for a few hours & they railed on the boilerplate & dust. Serious skis on par near the OG Squad or S Lab. Comfort skiers & dentists need not apply. I’m pulling GS/SG turns & felt like a redeo clown trying to hold it down.
    How easy/hard to break free? Moment employees described these to me as being locked in like a belafonte but much much easier to break loose. Might apply only to 108 version?

How easy/hard to break free? Moment employees described these to me as being locked in like a belafonte but much much easier to break loose. Might apply only to 108 version?
    If you haven't already, check out the Blister Review and then read my comment after skiiing them last week.

https://blisterreview.com/flash-revi...t-commander-98

These skis are fun! They want to stay in a turn, but will pivot if you want them to. Certainly not surfy or playful, but they were a blast. They'll bite you if you are very lazy ,but they won't bite "hard".

Compared to what I’ve been skiing of late (Renoun 104, Moment Jaguar Sharks & WhiteDot Ones) they don’t really break free that easily. That said, if the conditions were better- I’d bet they would be more forgiving.

It was also wicked cold & my boots were bricks. I suspect that if it were warmer or if I had a softer Dalbello tongue in, they may be more capable of breaking out of the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Compared to what I’ve been skiing of late (Renoun 104, Moment Jaguar Sharks & WhiteDot Ones) they don’t really break free that easily. That said, if the conditions were better- I’d bet they would be more forgiving.

It was also wicked cold & my boots were bricks. I suspect that if it were warmer or if I had a softer Dalbello tongue in, they may be more capable of breaking out of the arc.
    Unrelated, but:
    I’m still a season or two from replacing my jag sharks... does anyone feel like there is a close equivalent ski in the current offerings for when I do need to replace them? I haven’t followed the recent generations closely

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    Unrelated, but:
    I’m still a season or two from replacing my jag sharks... does anyone feel like there is a close equivalent ski in the current offerings for when I do need to replace them? I haven’t followed the recent generations closely
    Honestly, moving from the Jag to the Wildcat would probably work well. I'm anxious to see what the Commander 118 looks like, though.

Flat tail at 118 compared to 116... new commander has got to be the closest fit