Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24
Results 576 to 597 of 597
  1. #576
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Eastern WA
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    Because that's first year they released them
    Yeah yeah, I know they’re brand new. But y’all always seem to have so many insider industry secrets, I’d hoped somebody had made turns on them.

    I love my 14/15 190 Bibby so much I should just go for it...

  2. #577
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post
    I heard on the Blister Moment podcast that the new DW (particularly in the 190) is stiffer in the tips and tails. I was wondering if anyone had any experience on it yet? Particularly how that might change its hard snow performance and its stability in variable/tracked crud.

    I'm trying to find a 1-ski quiver for this season - ski CA, MT, CO, UT mostly. 6' 200+lb. I really liked the damper skis I've had a chance to demo (Bonafide 187/180, Mantra ('15) 191 and Enforcer100 185), but I want a little better soft snow performance and I'd love a little pop out of turns when I'm on a groomer (skiing with the kids at moderate speed). The Deathwish sounds like it might fit the bill. I do worry a little that 112 is a bit wide for a DD when I don't know what kind of conditions I'm gonna find myself in (No real local hill - always traveling to ski and planned in advance). I also worry the DW might not be quite stable enough at speed in crappy bumped up snow - although I was hoping the increased stiffness might help.
    See post #250, and the last 5-6 years of skier666 stoke. He DDs those things like a MFer, from AK to greens with kids.
    sproing!

  3. #578
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post
    I heard on the Blister Moment podcast that the new DW (particularly in the 190) is stiffer in the tips and tails. I was wondering if anyone had any experience on it yet? Particularly how that might change its hard snow performance and its stability in variable/tracked crud.

    I'm trying to find a 1-ski quiver for this season - ski CA, MT, CO, UT mostly. 6' 200+lb. I really liked the damper skis I've had a chance to demo (Bonafide 187/180, Mantra ('15) 191 and Enforcer100 185), but I want a little better soft snow performance and I'd love a little pop out of turns when I'm on a groomer (skiing with the kids at moderate speed). The Deathwish sounds like it might fit the bill. I do worry a little that 112 is a bit wide for a DD when I don't know what kind of conditions I'm gonna find myself in (No real local hill - always traveling to ski and planned in advance). I also worry the DW might not be quite stable enough at speed in crappy bumped up snow - although I was hoping the increased stiffness might help.
    Why not go for the Commander?? It sounds to be right up your alley!

  4. #579
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    145
    ^^^x2/maybe look at something more similar in terms of mount point. DW is quite capable all around, but it’s not a traditionally mounted ski that likes a ton of pressure through the forebody of the ski. Governor/Wren 108/Rustler etc might align with what you’ve been on a little better. If you’re willing to ski neutral the DW is a great one ski option though - just know what it is before jumping in. 190 at your size for sure.

  5. #580
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    See post #250, and the last 5-6 years of skier666 stoke. He DDs those things like a MFer, from AK to greens with kids.
    Thanks guys! Obviously my search kung-fu sucks - thanks for pointing me to Skier666's posts.
    The Commander looked interesting, but I was thinking it would be too much of a 1 dimensional charger. Hahaha - I was hoping to narrow my choices, but I'll have to read more of skier666's posts and look into the Commander more when I get a chance. I was also looking Wren 96 and 108 and reached out to the guys on the ON3P discussion thread. I appreciate the input!

  6. #581
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    tahoe de chingao
    Posts
    287
    Was in the factory the other week - the commander is LIGHT. New moment guy from SLC said it's lighter than one of g3's touring series of comparable width - and it has METAL. Sounds like a much better option for what Rob D is looking for (directional ski)

    At that size, weight, and preference for directional skis, I would not recommend a deathwish. The bibby will respond much better to directional skiing and generating big forces - bibby tour if you want something poppier / more playful.

    As for the bibby tour 108 - yeah that has great potential for 50/50. Fondled one the other day w/ tahoe backcountry alliance topsheet that is *quite sexy*. Gotta think it would ski relatively similarly to the bibby tour in terms of layup / dampness, and that's been green-lit for everything but the heaviest of skiers in bounds. Rob D might wanna look at that, too

  7. #582
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,475
    ^^^^that's what I would have thought too, but 666 is similarly sized (6'2, 200) and prefers the DW (over the Bibby) as a DD due to its increased versatility over Bibbys. And that guy is only directional. That's why I mentioned his experience. I'll let him chime in if he wants - still never been on the DW myself.

    I do own 190 Bibbys, however, and while it is an awesome one-ski quiver, it may be a little too much ski for all your uses. Sounds like you'll be doing a lot of traveling, and a lot of skiing with the kids, so you're looking at a very wide range of snow conditions and ski applications. Really though, you can't go wrong with Bibby, DW, C108 but not those on3p abominations! haha

    The best way to search TGR is to not use TGR's search function! It sucks ass. Instead, go to google, and type in:
    [search term] site:tetongravity.com/forums

    For example
    deathwish site:tetongravity.com/forums
    sproing!

  8. #583
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for the search tip meter-man! TGR is great, but the search function is rough.
    I'd really love to get on some Bibbys based on everything I've read everywhere, but I was also thinking it might not be the right 1-ski quiver with the variable snow and types of conditions/skiing I'm gonna end up in. It very well may be the next ski I add as I build a quiver, though. I didn't look at the Bibby Tour 108 at all, though - damn it! The list is growing instead of shrinking - Thanks sruffian!
    From looking at skier666's posts, if the DW is enough ski for him, then it'll be enough ski for me - I'd just need to adjust to a more neutral stance, as sruffian pointed out.
    I REALLY wish I could demo at least one of these to calibrate myself in the Moment lineup.

  9. #584
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    7,605
    For whatever it's worth, I generally ski with a more forward stance, and I usually prefer directional, chargier kinds of skis. But I got along with the deathwish really well, and I'd happily use it as a daily driver / one ski quiver for pretty much anywhere out west. Mine are old and beaten down, and have become my rock skis. But I still like them.

  10. #585
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post
    Thanks for the search tip meter-man! TGR is great, but the search function is rough.
    I'd really love to get on some Bibbys based on everything I've read everywhere, but I was also thinking it might not be the right 1-ski quiver with the variable snow and types of conditions/skiing I'm gonna end up in. It very well may be the next ski I add as I build a quiver, though. I didn't look at the Bibby Tour 108 at all, though - damn it! The list is growing instead of shrinking - Thanks sruffian!
    From looking at skier666's posts, if the DW is enough ski for him, then it'll be enough ski for me - I'd just need to adjust to a more neutral stance, as sruffian pointed out.
    I REALLY wish I could demo at least one of these to calibrate myself in the Moment lineup.
    Sounds like you should book a flight from SD to Reno, hit up Moment's factory store, grab some demos, test em all out, and then buy directly from the guys themselves.
    sproing!

  11. #586
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Sounds like you should book a flight from SD to Reno, hit up Moment's factory store, grab some demos, test em all out, and then buy directly from the guys themselves.
    We've got cold beer too.

  12. #587
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In rain shadow of the Sierra CC,NV
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    We've got cold beer too.
    Is that still an attractive proposition when its 40° outside?
    I guess I'm just not 'core enough.


    Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

    ...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

  13. #588
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,004
    Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Is that still an attractive proposition when its 40° outside?
    I guess I'm just not 'core enough.


    Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app
    They could probably get you a hot cocoa with whip cream.

  14. #589
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    They could probably get you a hot cocoa with whip cream.
    Don't forget marshmallows!

  15. #590
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SoCal. SoVT.
    Posts
    1,115

    Moment Skis Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post
    Thanks for the search tip meter-man! TGR is great, but the search function is rough.
    I'd really love to get on some Bibbys based on everything I've read everywhere, but I was also thinking it might not be the right 1-ski quiver with the variable snow and types of conditions/skiing I'm gonna end up in. It very well may be the next ski I add as I build a quiver, though. I didn't look at the Bibby Tour 108 at all, though - damn it! The list is growing instead of shrinking - Thanks sruffian!
    From looking at skier666's posts, if the DW is enough ski for him, then it'll be enough ski for me - I'd just need to adjust to a more neutral stance, as sruffian pointed out.
    I REALLY wish I could demo at least one of these to calibrate myself in the Moment lineup.
    6’1” 215 here. Collegiate race and coaching background and ski the DW as my daily. I ski pretty forward - definitely NOT neutral - and have never felt the need to adjust to a more neutral stance, just adjusted how and where on the ski I apply the pressure.

    IMO, the Bibby/Blister/Wildcat is a good all-rounder (I tour on it bc it’s super predictable), but just doesn’t have the same pop as the DW.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

    dumbfuck.

  16. #591
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,475
    New boards, new binders. STOKED!



    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

  17. #592
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    4,761

    Moment Skis Discussion

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4406.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	434.6 KB 
ID:	254814

    Stoked to try the bibby koolaid this season. TGR rocks and being able to talk to Luke or pat Or ON3P about skis I have is so cool.

    Mrs Whyturn uncovered this topsheet was not popular. Don’t get it since it looks really cool
    Last edited by whyturn; 11-09-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    19, 20, 18, 16, 18, 13, 17, 8

    2017/2018 (13/16)

  18. #593
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    2,240
    Fuck I can't stop looking at the commander 98, it looks like just the ticket for shit/fuck re-freeze conditions.
    "All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."

  19. #594
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    We've got cold beer too.
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Sounds like you should book a flight from SD to Reno, hit up Moment's factory store, grab some demos, test em all out, and then buy directly from the guys themselves.
    Shit, I was already trying to figure out how to do it... and with cold beer too! I seriously had been looking for flights around Thanksgiving... I just don't wanna beat up those Demos on dirt.

  20. #595
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Fuck I can't stop looking at the commander 98, it looks like just the ticket for shit/fuck re-freeze conditions.
    I’m awaiting mine!

  21. #596
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4406.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	434.6 KB 
ID:	254814

    Stoked to try the bibby koolaid this season. TGR rocks and being able to talk to Luke or pat Or ON3P about skis I have is so cool.

    Mrs Whyturn uncovered this topsheet was not popular. Don’t get it since it looks really cool

    Ya should have done one white, one black ski each

  22. #597
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post
    Shit, I was already trying to figure out how to do it... and with cold beer too! I seriously had been looking for flights around Thanksgiving... I just don't wanna beat up those Demos on dirt.
    Yea, we definitely need more snow.

    We dont let our demos out the door until there is more of a base anyway...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •