Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Blades back in stock! Managed to get a pair, Pivots or tech bindings is the only question now....

Quote Originally Posted by NS05672 View Post
    Blades back in stock! Managed to get a pair, Pivots or tech bindings is the only question now....
    Mounted my buddies pair with matchy matchy bindings. He's ready to rip with his kids now -- who also tested the strength of my mount job.

Attachment 262748
    Attachment 262749

Big shout out to Moment, got a shipment confirmation less than 30 minutes after I ordered! They've got my business for sure

Those blades look dope.

I thought I had the Dad Ski covered but I'm reconsidering...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBison View Post
    It doesn’t float as well as some pow skis with the same waist width.
    Ive heard this a few times. Why is that exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    ...Moment is REALLY missing the 108 class playful daily driver/one ski quiver in their lineup.
    bruh, why you H8'n on the Meridian 107's? They fit the same spot as the Kartel 108 but with stiffer tips/tails they charge harder!

Quote Originally Posted by JapPowHound View Post
    Hi Guys, hoping to get some advice here.
    I'll be skiing Utah (Snowbasin, Powdermountain) and Colorado (Breck) for 12 days at the end of January, hopefully with a couple of cat skiing days as well….
    FYI I am 6'4, 200lbs so i'm looking for a ski that can handle my size.
    JapPowHound – Do.Not.Overthink.This. Buy the 190 Wildcat and enjoy. You will immediately seem like a better skier than you really are. You may even come to believe it.
    Once the bond with your Wildcats becomes deeply emotional (it will happen – usually about the time someone in your crew comments on how you are really crushing it) then Moment will tease you with younger, slimmer models in some tight little package. Don’t feel bad, give in to the temptation. These hot little numbers will firm you up faster than 50mg of Vitamin V. Enjoy the variety and the casual dalliance they offer. But understand that the tingling is temporary. For your heart will always belong to your first. And even if you stray for something with a little more pop or a little more float, know that she will take you back and let you glide her through creamy pow or pound her hard into soft bumps and crud.

Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    Ive heard this a few times. Why is that exactly?
    They have camber, stiffer flex, and less taper/more effective edge than other pow skis, all of which makes them more versatile in not pure powder conditions.

I think they float as well as other skis, but those others skis pivot better in powder while the Bibbys are more locked in. If you are a good skier, they are not very hard to push around and maneuver, its just a little more work.

Quote Originally Posted by Coño Frío View Post
    bruh, why you H8'n on the Meridian 107's? They fit the same spot as the Kartel 108 but with stiffer tips/tails they charge harder!
    That's fair. I'm less familiar with that line. The only full rocker ski I've had is the OG Cochise, so I'm not well versed in that platform. I just think in that width class a 108 Wildcat/PB&J is where it's at. But probably the Commander 108 would fit my needs best. The 21m radius is a bit of a head scrather though. Looks like a sick ski.

^^^I Like Skiing summed it up well. It's also worth mentioning that their pow performance is relative to what you know. If you haven't been on Protests, BGs, 138s etc. you will think the 190 Bibby is an amazing pow ski, which it is, there's just more amazing pow skis out there. None of them are anywhere near as versatile outside of their native habitat though. I have traveled a number of times with only my 190 Bibby in the bag and been happy everywhere. I wouldn't do that with a Protest unless I was going to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Those blades look dope.

I thought I had the Dad Ski covered but I'm reconsidering...
    They are fuckin' rad. Mount up like a normal ski and are built as stiff as a brick shithouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    They have camber, stiffer flex, and less taper/more effective edge than other pow skis, all of which makes them more versatile in not pure powder conditions.
    This. I think that if you can get them up to speed, they float fine. Like jdadour said though, they can be a little more work.

I've been skiing 184 Bibbys the last few years and they were my first real powder ski. I thought (think) they are amazing and didn't really get the comments like "just not as good as others" and the "locked in" feeling. Well until last week when I got my first day on Billy Goats. Makes perfect sense now as the BG is way easier to get sideways and make different turn shapes in powder with zero hookiness or locked in feeling. And that was continental snow - maritime snow will be even more dramatic I'm guessing. There were a few heavy hooky days last season on my Bibbys that finally convinced me to try some BGs. That said, I can equally tell that the Bibby is hands down more versatile and closer to a 1-ski-quiver, never-be-upset travel ski for places that get snow.

Attachment 262808
    Moment Commander 118

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Attachment 262808
    Moment Commander 118
    Looks like more of a progressive mount that I would have expected.

That's what catches my attention on the Commander. A bit progressive mount compared to true traditional skis. The other models are what, -8cm? I'm pretty intrigued by the Commander 108. Some interesting design features and I'll be curious how it all comes together on the snow.

Looks like this thread is back.

Back from the dead, boom!

Bump to capture this thread, merge this with Luke's new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Looks like this thread is back.

yeah this ones staying around

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBison View Post
    Looks like more of a progressive mount that I would have expected.
    Tyler mounted those way forward of the recommended line. That is not "standard"

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Back from the dead, boom!

Bump to capture this thread, merge this with Luke's new one.
    Is there a way I can become the boss/cult leader of this thread?

The boys are back in town!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Phew. Crisis averted.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Hell yeah. Here’s a big fuck you to the deleter.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Tyler mounted those way forward of the recommended line. That is not "standard"
    I had a feeling. Do you or anyone else in this thread have experience with how the commanders ski with being mounted forward of recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Hell yeah. Here’s a big fuck you to the deleter.
    Anybody know what got under Betel’s skin this time? Just when it seems like he’s coming around he does stuff like this...