Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Being able to ski these thigh deep tree lines at Alta and feeling like my bibbys were connected to my brain and laughing and hooting by myself is the best feeling ever. It’s what gets me through the summer. Thank you Attachment 243464

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Google putting out a lil thing on Moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0RJ1_709DY
    As a longtime EC slasher who was always on whatever my shop had in stock or I could get on proform......I am now searching out stories like this. Companies like Moment have a great story to tell, and I am making an all out effort to support their product. Even though my EC shop doesn’t carry Moment, and a customer seems like they know what they looking for, I will mention Moment and their website. I think they appreciate the recommendation because it’s based towards the customer, not just what the shop carries.

As that same shop guy that sees hundreds upon hundreds of skis come across my work bench each year, it always gets me pumped to install bindings on a ski like Moment!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    +++, that is a great video, provides the essence of what Moment is. I walked through that same door five years ago (not an easy place to find) and walked out with our first two pair plus a T-shirt that Luke threw in. Ten pair later we are still stocked...
    You will have to stop by again in Sept.

We tore down the offices, expanded the showroom, and now offer tons of other products along with boots and boot fitting. (and free beer).

Woah woah, free beer?

Heh. If you know your away around Tahoe Reno there are lots of spots to score free beer

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Updated. Thanks Meter Man!

Whats up with the M1/Garbones? Just how burly are they? I have heard rumors. Are they similar to something like Monster 108s, just lighter?

Moment Skis Discussion

196 Governors measure 195.6cm.

190 Wildcats measure 188.2cm.

Melee, how much would a 196 Donner Party run me?

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Melee, how much would a 196 Donner Party run me?
    Probably a ton, unfortunately.

We would have to reassemble a mold and redo the CAD for almost every element of that ski to be adapted to newer manufacturing processes.

Its the mold and CAD time that really add up for some of these custom jobs.

Carston Oliver (creator of the Chipotle Banana) stopped by the factory this week and we have some unique super deep day pow specific design ideas we want to finalize.
    If things work as intended we may have mid-season release on our hands. It wont be a big as a 196 Donner Party, but it will be just as pow specific....

OoOoO!

OoOoO!
    x2

Been a while since y'all had something bigger than the bibby (my inbounds daily driver)... I'm intrigued. Luke - is this gonna be light enough to drag uphill? Was looking for a touring ski fatter than my gpo's (was thinking protest) but now very intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    x2

Been a while since y'all had something bigger than the bibby (my inbounds daily driver)... I'm intrigued. Luke - is this gonna be light enough to drag uphill? Was looking for a touring ski fatter than my gpo's (was thinking protest) but now very intrigued.
    This ski wont be very compatible with skins...

Its going to be a deep day, cat/heli sort of ski.

at the end of the season I sold my Bibby 184s and begged Luke to sell me one of the early run Wildcat 190s...’cause I’m American and bigger is better, dammit! It’s like when your ole lady goes in for an augmentation...are you really hoping she comes out with a C cup? Sure the Cs are great...a proven size and shape...versatile and lotsa fun...but wouldn’t ya really wanna take the DDs for a ride? Just the thought makes me want to huck my meat

Pretty stoked about the new Deathwish being stiffer. I'm supposed to pick up a used, older version ('17) of the 190 this year - if it turns out as promised, might go with the new DW for Tahoe soft snow DD. 666 can't stop raving about his.

Bibbys are pretty at rock ski status, but damn I loved those.

Post up any reviews of the 18/19 DW if you got em.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Probably a ton, unfortunately.

We would have to reassemble a mold and redo the CAD for almost every element of that ski to be adapted to newer manufacturing processes.

Its the mold and CAD time that really add up for some of these custom jobs.

Carston Oliver (creator of the Chipotle Banana) stopped by the factory this week and we have some unique super deep day pow specific design ideas we want to finalize.
    If things work as intended we may have mid-season release on our hands. It wont be a big as a 196 Donner Party, but it will be just as pow specific....
    Stoke meter rising! I like the sound of this.

Moment Skis Discussion

Hell ya Cono! I cant wait to get on my 190 Wildcats.

Sometimes I get afraid the Deathwish is too soft, but then I see 666 absolutely crushing on them.

Sometimes I get afraid the Deathwish is too soft, but then I see 666 absolutely crushing on them.
    The tips and tails of the old 190 DW were a little soft. The new flex makes the DW a charging machine.

I'm of the opinion that the ideal ski stiffness kinda operates on a lopsided bell curve. Like, the person who really appreciates a stiff ski isn't the best skier on the mountain. The best skier on the mountain is strong enough and well balanced enough that they can get along on a somewhat softer ski just fine. It's the guy that's a good skier and likes to go fast, but doesn't have the strength / balance / agility to plow through chunder on a soft ski, and needs something stiffer as sort of a crutch.

And I am most definitely in the category that uses stiffer boots and skis as a crutch to mask my lack of strength and technique. But I'm ok with that, because going fast is fun.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'm of the opinion that the ideal ski stiffness kinda operates on a lopsided bell curve. Like, the person who really appreciates a stiff ski isn't the best skier on the mountain. The best skier on the mountain is strong enough and well balanced enough that they can get along on a somewhat softer ski just fine. It's the guy that's a good skier and likes to go fast, but doesn't have the strength / balance / agility to plow through chunder on a soft ski, and needs something stiffer as sort of a crutch.

And I am most definitely in the category that uses stiffer boots and skis as a crutch to mask my lack of strength and technique. But I'm ok with that, because going fast is fun.
    I completely agree. I ski with this 21 year old kid thats like 6’ 190lbs and skis on 175 Line Chronics or some shit, and 180 Soul 7s. He’s probably the best skier I ski with. He goes big and fast every single lap on those short noodles! I try and keep up on 184 K2 shreditors, and can make them work, but need stiff boots. I am not athletic enough for soft boots anymore. I ran into that problem last year.

That said, I do see a purpose for stiff skis too. I replaced 184 Shreditor 92s with 188 PB&Js for this season. It’s not a plank, but stiffer than most freestyle skis. I like the stiffness for speed on firm snow. I am over 200lbs, and can bend the stiffer skis to make em play a more.

I just always want to buy the DW for trenching around, and now it seems like the 2019 version is more conducive of that. Good news!!!

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 08-10-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post

Got a pair of 194 Ghost Trains for next season (handlebar rocker). They are big and beefy and full rockered with a flat section underfoot. I have very high hopes for them, and wonder why they dont get more love. Quote from the factory "Still my favorite ski we have ever made"
    Enjoy those GTs dude. They’re a great ski, but just didn’t see enough use with Bobby’s and Comis in the quiv. Great meeting you and hopefully we’ll get some turns in this winter.

To chime in to this thread since I’m a *bit* of a moment fanboy — 7 currently in the quiver, and I think I’ve owned 15 or so pairs thus far, plus 4 more pairs in the fam — I’m definitely grabbing another pair of Deathwishes. Still one of my fave skis ever, and I’m pumped they got stiffer.

Considering the Commander 98s to replace my OG Enforcers/HaBs. Down and armada are in the running for that slot as well, after I was wholly unimpressed with the FX95 and Blizz offerings. What happened to skis with tails?Would love to hear from anyone that’s been on the 98s. Especially if you’ve spent time on the pre-neuter Enforcers.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Good to know. Makes me remember that first pair of skis I ever toured on was a pair of moment rubys. I took an angle grinder to the tips so I could fit a skin loop over it...

Agree on the GT's - the one day I got to spend on a buddy's ghost trains in bounds was one the best. Interested to see what you guys come up with

I gave up DW's for my old 190 bibby's but I suck at skiing. DW's great for tooling around, above average through chop for the width and weight, fun ski - just like something surfier personally

When will there be more info on the wildcat tour 108? Have shifts that need skis. Was thinking wren 108 tour layup but if it ends up being my only tour setup I think they’ll be too heavy.
    Last edited by wwwllw; 08-13-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Any loose ideas of what 'mid season' means? Somewhere along the lines of January/February? I always wanted a pair of Ghost Trains but never quite pulled the trigger. I have some Meridian 117's that I've really enjoyed though.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    That was fucking cool. Building the legend.
    Word!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS