Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post
    Just ordered some DW 190s! Super stoked! Merry Early-Christmas to me
    Thanks to everyone who gave me input!
    Right there with you Rob! Black friday deal sealed it. DW 190s+Look bindings ordered. Wife still doesn't know but hopefully they show up soon as Tahoe is ramping up and its time to get after it.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Just bought those 187 Underworlds for $399 on skiburger. Hopefully they do well as a 1 ski PNW touring quiver. Hard to find solid reviews on the underworlds or deathwish tours

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Please write a solid review - the specs on that ski are outstanding.

I have a pair of beater deathwishes en route from meter man. Gonna practice my ptex and tuning skills and see if I can’t get comfy on the compound camber.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    194 Belefontes for $399

Where? Ski burger says sold out for me

Quote Originally Posted by kirkwood_bum View Post
    Right there with you Rob! Black friday deal sealed it. DW 190s+Look bindings ordered. Wife still doesn't know but hopefully they show up soon as Tahoe is ramping up and its time to get after it.
    Nice! I cant wait for mine!

Ski ball, looking good. What size did you go with? How are the stiffer tips and tails?

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Where? Ski burger says sold out for me

Somebody must have grabbed them.

Posted this in ON3P thread too, but figured I'd ask here too. I'm trying to find a one ski quiver for the next few years while I'm a grad student, and want something to use for multiple trips out west that will still be fun for the icy days on the east coast. Anyone have any input of the hardpack performance of the Deathwish? And how that might compare to a Kartel 108 or Wren 108? Looking to buy from ON3P or Moment, and have never owned or skied a Moment so not sure how it may compare to ON3P. Appreciate any help.
    Last edited by terpskier; 11-26-2018 at 06:12 PM.

I ski my Moment Belafontes (now redesigned as the Commander 108) in everything from hardpack to about a foot of fresh and never been let down. Great spring ski too. However, not the best for truly massive dump days.

Quote Originally Posted by terpskier View Post
    Posted this in ON3P thread too, but figured I'd ask here too. I'm trying to find a one ski quiver for the next few years while I'm a grad student, and want something to use for multiple trips out west that will still be fun for the icy days on the east coast. Anyone have any input of the hardpack performance of the Deathwish? And how that might compare to a Kartel 108 or Wren 108? Looking to buy from ON3P or Moment, and have never owned or skied a Moment so not sure how it may compare to ON3P. Appreciate any help.
    Deathwishes hold well in hardpack, but east coast boilerplate is a different ballgame. I think I’d be hesitant on them if it’s real EC ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post
    Nice! I cant wait for mine!

Ski ball, looking good. What size did you go with? How are the stiffer tips and tails?

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    190. They are last years model, just finally mounted up. Don't have a lot to compare with, but I prefer stiffer skis. T&T are fairly solid, not a ton of give to them. Ran em on steeper skied off stuff, chop, moguls, and deep pow. Handled everything well. I am a happy boy.

I love the Deathwish in all kinds of western conditions. Triple camber bites likes crazy on hard groomers and it teaches you pretty quickly that they don't require must effort to make them snap around. Hard icy boilerplate might be another thing but at 112 underfoot it skis powder great and groomers are a breeze.
    Last edited by bigdude2468; 11-28-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Moment Skis Discussion

Just bought those 187 Underworlds for $399 on skiburger. Hopefully they do well as a 1 ski PNW touring quiver. Hard to find solid reviews on the underworlds or deathwish tours

Thanks for snagging those, had been waffling back and forth for the better part of a week on em. Really don’t “need” another ski... look like they should fit the bill as an all around pnw tourer

I own both. They are an excellent two ski BC-only quiver.

The Exit Worlds ski just like a Bibby, which I love dearly, only a much lighter. Had them on a five day hut trip in the Tetons. Killed it.

The Underworld is for those days when the snow isn't great. I'm usually of the TGR crowd and ski the longest ski. Not the case with the UW; went with the 181. For long days or approaches with spicy conditions or variable snow; they are great. You can't really open them for big, wide open stuff, but doesn't matter. They are easy to ski and grip well.

Sadly, I've skied neither out here in the PNW - no touring partners to get out with.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Underworlds / Deathwish Tours are great, skis very much like the regular DW. Being lighter they are not as good in chop or in heavy wet snow. I ski the regular Deathwish and love it, plenty wide for pow and TC lets them rail on all kinds of groomers. TC has no affect on how they handle the skin track, Black Diamond hook and clip on toe and tail.
    This is my set-up. The narrower tips and notched tails make for any use with the BD skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    There’s a thread out there with quite a bit of info on the UWs - I think in an Exit World review. If I wasn’t on my phone I’d dig it up for you. Otherwise yeah, the rest of the interwebz is pretty devoid of info.
    Whatcha wanna know?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I ski my Moment Belafontes (now redesigned as the Commander 108) in everything from hardpack to about a foot of fresh and never been let down. Great spring ski too. However, not the best for truly massive dump days.

I always wanted to ski those old Moment chargey, directional skis. I'll put these Commanders on the list to try. Anxious to hear how you get on with them.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Well hot damn. I'm a sucker for moment full reverse skis. Easily a tour-able weight, too...

Moment guys - I'd been hearing rumors of an in-bounds powder ski release this year - are those separate rumblings?

Got the email, my skis are on the way!!

This is a Ski I’ve always regretted not buying... only hesitation is the 186cm length being a little short for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    This is a Ski I’ve always regretted not buying... only hesitation is the 186cm length being a little short for me.
    If I recall correctly, Carston Oliver not the tallest guy, and/or wanted something maneuverable. Despite not being longer, it has a beefy build with extra fiberglass and carbon so it should still feel like a strong ski. The interesting thing is the stated weight at 1890 grams per ski (unless its an error) is much less than the Meridian 117 at 2200 grams which is presumably a very similar design and build.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Check out 191 or 196 4frnt renegades

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Check out 191 or 196 4frnt renegades
    Shameless plug; I have two pairs of 196 Rens for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Moment guys - I'd been hearing rumors of an in-bounds powder ski release this year - are those separate rumblings?
    Umm... isn't that the Bibby?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Umm... isn't that the Bibby?
    Chipotle Banana + Commander 118

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromNS View Post
    Chipotle Banana + Commander 118
    And it's called what, exactly?

Moment Skis Discussion

Alright, I just refigured out how much the PB&Js rip. Now its time for Wildcats!

Attachment 258004

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 11-30-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    And it's called what, exactly?
    Girth Brooks

^lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Alright, I just refigured out how much the PB&Js rip. Now its time for Wildcats!

Hellz yeah