Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Good stuff.

I used to always think of Moment Touring skis as slightly lower weight versions of their main skis. But sort of like On3p in not being ultra-light.

But they are as light, or lighter, than most anything else out there now. DPS Tour 1 Wailer 106, 185cm: 3.11kg per set. Moment Wildcat 108, 184cm: 2.99kg per set.

Moment Skis Discussion

Why did you drop 250g/ski on the inbounds DW layup, compared to last years?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Why did you drop 250g/ski on the inbounds DW layup, compared to last years?
    Because they can? Better processes, better materials, whatever improvements.

Moment Skis Discussion

No shit, they can do that stuff?? FknA dude

I want specifics before I spend my hard earned cash.

I should have said “why/how”, I guess. To be more specific

No shit, they can do that stuff?? FknA dude

I want specifics before I spend my hard earned cash.
    Then don't spend your hard earned cash; the world will still rotate, and my guess is Moment will still sell skis. If you want something special, scroll back a few pages, follow the steps for a custom ski, and pay for it. Then ski it, or not.

Does it matter? Likely not; you’ll ski it 0-5 times and sell it, along with another 3 or 4 pairs.

Weight matters a lot to me
    Again, no one cares. Just shut up and ski your Monster 108s then. Or glue 250g of fishing weights to your tips.

Moment Skis Discussion

Alright, you’re blocked. I’m not wasting my time with your shit anymore

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 08-23-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    But they are as light, or lighter, than most anything else out there now. DPS Tour 1 Wailer 106, 185cm: 3.11kg per set. Moment Wildcat 108, 184cm: 2.99kg per set.
    Exactly. And they still ski like moments! The only pair of skis i've ever bought at retail was a pair of tallacs (belafonte version). I think those were listed at 1700g, weighed less than that, and were more damp at speed than some INBOUNDS skis I'd been on.

Underworlds (deathwish tour now) are super fun - I think in the right size they'd be a more fun all purpose touring ski for a lot of people. So much more fun than something like the 0g without giving anything up really.

If these weights are right and everything skis pretty close to its inbounds counterpart, I definitely see the appeal of all three 105-ish touring skis. Full reverse, skinny bibby, and triple camber at better than dps weights.

Should get back to work so I can buy some...

Would love to get out on some Tour versions. Very appealing looking if they ski close to their alpine counterparts. If so, the ultimate OSQ may be Bibby 108s with Shifts. Total weight would be comparable to my Lhasas + radicals now.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    So we are going through and updating all the weights on our website. A pair of stock Deathwish 190s is 8.55lbs. It would not be that hard to shave off .55lbs and put a dished out tail on there for skins.

Shoot us an email, in your dream world.
    Jeez, at that weight, stock would prolly be fine. Crazy how light you guys are going on your stock builds.

I need to ski the triple camber at some point. Do you guys have a demo schedule? Would love to demo at Loveland or somewhere in the front range.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Then don't spend your hard earned cash; the world will still rotate, and my guess is Moment will still sell skis. If you want something special, scroll back a few pages, follow the steps for a custom ski, and pay for it. Then ski it, or not.

Does it matter? Likely not; you’ll ski it 0-5 times and sell it, along with another 3 or 4 pairs.

Again, no one cares. Just shut up and ski your Monster 108s then. Or glue 250g of fishing weights to your tips.
    The 18/19 Deathwish 190 is stated as 1940 grams per ski, a weight reduction of 250 grams over last years model. Thats a pretty significant decrease in weight and worth inquiring about. I am curious as well.

Yeah, impressive how much weight has been shaved. I used to have 190 Exit Worlds (when they were in the Bibby mold), and they weighed 4120 grams for the pair. The new ones are listed at 3500 grams. Impressive reduction in weight.

DoobieDo: DO IT. (I would go with the regular Wildcat/Bibby, but I'm fat...)
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Jeez, at that weight, stock would prolly be fine. Crazy how light you guys are going on your stock builds.

I need to ski the triple camber at some point. Do you guys have a demo schedule? Would love to demo at Loveland or somewhere in the front range.
    You're probably more of a 190 guy, but if you can use a 315BSL mount with STHs, I've got OG Deathwishes in 184 you're welcome to borrow. Mostly ski at Loveland and live right off I70 if pickup is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    ...DoobieDo: DO IT. (I would go with the regular Wildcat/Bibby, but I'm fat...)
    Once the Lhasas or Yetis die and everyone else beta tests the Shifts for me.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You're probably more of a 190 guy, but if you can use a 315BSL mount with STHs, I've got OG Deathwishes in 184 you're welcome to borrow. Mostly ski at Loveland and live right off I70 if pickup is necessary.
    PM sent.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    The more I look at the Moment offerings, the more I think I'd love the standard 190 Deathwish in whatever layup would get them to around 8# per pair. Mount with Tecton for a pow touring rig. Drool.

It'd be super interesting to compare that (or the Wildcat tour 108) to the MVP in enduro+carbon + veneer. Betel, when are you gonna start buying custom touring rigs and doing these wacky comparisons for us?
    Dude. I have that MVP from the custom sale this year. Only reason I haven’t put my money where my mouth is and bought a wildcat 108.

I got it in a 183 though. Down to swap once you or Betel buy one of the moment offerings.

Let’s get a tour in this dec/Jan when you get back to the PNW.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

That is kind of a bummer on the weight of the deathwishes, I was stoked they got stiffer but now I’m kind of unsure. I bet they still ski great though.

I’ve been skiing the touring specific 187 Tallac 15/16 model based on the Belafonte.

So far, I’m very impressed with that ski for spring touring on Beartooth Pass, and wondering what the thought process was behind its design and sudden discontinuation?

FWIW, the Tallac didn’t feel the greatest in wet, April pow, but it’s got a lively camber and a lot of energy for corn skiing.

Is the Meridian Tour a very similar feeling ski?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Dude. I have that MVP from the custom sale this year. Only reason I haven’t put my money where my mouth is and bought a wildcat 108.

I got it in a 183 though. Down to swap once you or Betel buy one of the moment offerings.

Let’s get a tour in this dec/Jan when you get back to the PNW.
    Yeah, I like to dream but I'm not buying any more skis until I finish in Baltimore. I'd be interested in swapping you for the 185 0G 108 ... but it sounds like you're less interested in that, plus they're mounted with SSL so no adjustability (unless you're in a 26 Vulcan or want to swap boots, too. ). I'll shoot you a text when I know if/when I'm gonna be back!

photos

Moment Skis Discussion

Hand fiddling my Wildcats, they feel noticeably beefier than my Shreditors that weigh 2150g/ski. Stiffer (obviously) and just overall more hefty. I need to get a new scale and weigh these babies! They feel strong like bull in the 190, like Praxis Rx or On3p Billy Goats/Wrens.

I have high hopes for all these Moments. My brother in law has a pair of 2018 184 DWs I’m going to try more this season, as well as compare and contrast them to the 2019 184 Deathwish. And of course demo the 190 DW for myself hopefully.

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 08-23-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Moment Skis Discussion

Here is a sweet little video of Bibby Tours

https://youtu.be/1HMTMde5-6o

I love the big turning radius

Hand fiddling my Wildcats, they feel noticeably beefier than my Shreditors that weigh 2150g/ski. Stiffer (obviously) and just overall more hefty. I need to get a new scale and weigh these babies! They feel strong like bull in the 190, like Praxis Rx or On3p Billy Goats/Wrens.

from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    My swiss cheese 2012 190s weigh: 2408g & 2381g as a comparison

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post

Somebody please get some new Wildcat 190s on a scale ASAP.....

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I’ve been skiing the touring specific 187 Tallac 15/16 model based on the Belafonte.

So far, I’m very impressed with that ski for spring touring on Beartooth Pass, and wondering what the thought process was behind its design and sudden discontinuation?
    Pretty sure they never sold. The recycling of the 'tallac' name from the prior year's governor-based model probs didn't help (esp with the tepid blister review on that ski)?

Personally, I love the construction of that ski, and for wide open faces think it is superb. I bastard filed the shit out of the tail to get it to break loose, and it was just too locked in in variable conditions for me. Great feeling sometimes, cumbersome others. I went to a bmt 94 for spring skiing, only because I couldn't afford to get on a pair of meridian tours.

That is kind of a bummer on the weight of the deathwishes, I was stoked they got stiffer but now I’m kind of unsure. I bet they still ski great though.
    If I were betting, just based on experience, I'd go otherwise. I want light skis to deliver but I've never experienced that inbounds.

I sold a set of 184 Bibby's here back in March. They were tanks. I loved them but they were not the PNW pow skis I wanted them to be. I cannot recall exactly, but do know there was about a 150g dif between each ski and neither was less than 2300g.

I too would like to hear back on weights of the new ones because on the site ~2000g for a 184 Wildcat is, well, depressing to me. Until proven otherwise under my feet, light skis will continue to suck huge amounts of balls and ass.

I'd love a ski to change my mind. If I have a chance to try a Commander 108 or the new Wildcat I will make sure that happens.

And yes, I saw the post from Luke about customs; that's really cool and would go that route to get a ~2200g Commander 178 if it came to that. Light is what the market wants. i guess.

Balls and ass? Simultaneously?

Big mouth or tiny dude required.

not simultaneously. Or simultaneously big ballsack pushed under to asshole. Anything is possible. Light skis that ski like heavy ones. Now that's a stretch.