Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    what year are those?
    I think they are 08/09, one of the first models after the M1. They are 192R, R being Rocker.

They ski incredibly well, maybe one of the best skis I've ever been on in terms of going really fast. So damp and stable it almost feels like I'm cheating haha

Maiden voyage today for The Bibby tour/wildcat tour.
    190, mounted with shifts. Wanted to do an inbounds day with them before I took them out. Haven’t skied this shape in many seasons.

It is a great ski. Punches well above it’s weight. Floats like a boat. Really like the tip in pow. Easy to throw around in tight spaces. Plowed chop decently well. I still always miss my Billy goats a little when I’m on something else inbounds in the PNW, but...these are dope.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    I think they are 08/09, one of the first models after the M1. They are 192R, R being Rocker.

They ski incredibly well, maybe one of the best skis I've ever been on in terms of going really fast. So damp and stable it almost feels like I'm cheating haha
    Agreed. They feel as stable at speed as my DH boards. So much fun.

As far as the Comi update, it may not be a swallowtail - I can confirm the swallows accept skins
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Fish tail?

Suprechicken,

What are you looking for the wildcat tour to do that your steeples dont? Or are you just testing them out to see which you like better?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Suprechicken,

What are you looking for the wildcat tour to do that your steeples dont? Or are you just testing them out to see which you like better?
    Descending? Nothing. Not surprising, I prefer the steeples downhill.

I’m looking to shave 1.73 lbs off the setup. Goal is to accommodate the up a little better than I have previously.

And product testing is fun.

A note - 190 bibby tour is 3cm longer than the 184 steeple 116.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post

I’m looking to shave 1.73 lbs off the setup. Goal is to accommodate the up a little better than I have previously.

You are on a mission testing all these skis! I thank you for your service

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post

Ah, I didn’t think the weight savings were that big!

Stoked on all the skis you’re getting beta on this year. Big service to all of us!

Count me in for a Wildcat 108 non tour. 190cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    The only thing I know is that one of the moment people told me it would be a unique shape that likely wouldn’t accept skins... they said it was designed around Heli skiing.

Maybe something like an update to the Comi?
    Sounds like you are talking about the new Super Commander 124. It will accept skins and it is being designed in conjunction with Third Edge Heli.

Greg Harms and the crew have been Comi supporters over the years but wanted something a little more playful and narrow.

Initial testing has been going very well and we plan to show it off in February and will be available for direct sale only Fall 2019.

This is great news. I was hoping there would be a way to add weight without changing the wood core. If we added maple to the core, I would be worried about that changing the feel of the ski too much.

What "composites" did they say they would change?

Should we start a group buy thread in Gear Swap? Im in for a 190.
    We can change the weight and feel a lot of different ways. We are not ruling out changing the core.

Core profile, core material, composites, etc all need to work together to make something worth while.

We are still playing with the idea of this ski and will make some prototypes.

Although it does seem like it would have some major overlap with the Deathwish...

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    We can change the weight and feel a lot of different ways. We are not ruling out changing the core.

Core profile, core material, composites, etc all need to work together to make something worth while.

Although it does seem like it would have some major overlap with the Deathwish...
    That’s great to hear!

Think most of us just want an inbetween playful charger with the moustache rocker wider than than the PB&J but narrower than the Wildcat. 108mm is the perfect center width of those two skis. Don’t know about others but I have no interest in the softer flex pattern or triple camber of the Deathwish so no overlap there.

The Enforcer 110 has proven that that width is more “daily driver” width than a 116/118 for a lot of people and they are even doing a 104 Enforcer next year in the same profile of the 110 because of the demand. The Wildcat 108 would be the perfect option for others considering either of those Enforcers as well as people who love the PB&J and 116/118 Wildcat like me!

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    I have no interest in the softer flex pattern or triple camber of the Deathwish so no overlap there.
    Agreed. I feel the same about the Deathwish.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    The Wildcat 108 would be the perfect option for others considering either of those Enforcers as well as people who love the PB&J and 116/118 Wildcat like me!
    I like your thinking, great way for Moment to gain more market share.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

Great to hear you are already thinking about this ski, and will do prototypes. Seems like we should wait until you guys do some R&D before we order customs, or start a group buy. When do you expect to start working on them? Interested to hear about your progress!

I’m...leaning away from a heavy wildcat 108...and more toward the tour version.

Think most of us just want an inbetween playful charger with the moustache rocker wider than than the PB&J but narrower than the Wildcat. 108mm is the perfect center width of those two skis. Don’t know about others but I have no interest in the softer flex pattern or triple camber of the Deathwish so no overlap there.
    Oh shit...........this is me. I would even consent to Moment naming this ski the "Lord Thomas" in my honor. Maybe some tasteful boudoir photos of me on the topsheet? Wait, maybe that should be on the women's version......or not. Either way, your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    Agreed. They feel as stable at speed as my DH boards. So much fun.
    Skied the Garbones again today. Flat out on cold hard Mammoth groomers. I kept saying to myself... I dont know what a Super G ski feels like, but this is ought to be close.

Holy crap. Best ski ever made? I sure think so. Or at least they are in the discussion.

Being such a great ski, and a legendary part of Moment history, it would be dope for a small batch of these to be made every year (or every other year) and put up for sale in the Reserve section. There is nothing else like this being made now, or maybe ever again. Fingers crossed they still have the molds!

Skied the Garbones again today. Flat out on cold hard Mammoth groomers. I kept saying to myself... I dont know what a Super G ski feels like, but this is ought to be close.

Holy crap. Best ski ever made? I sure think so. Or at least they are in the discussion.

Being such a great ski, and a legendary part of Moment history, it would be dope for a small batch of these to be made every year (or every other year) and put up for sale in the Reserve section. There is nothing else like this being made now, or maybe ever again. Fingers crossed they still have the molds!
    Stoked you like the Garbones so much!

We made a handful last season, will probably make a small batch for next year.

We still have the molds!

Hi Guys, hoping to get some advice here.

I'll be skiing Utah (Snowbasin, Powdermountain) and Colorado (Breck) for 12 days at the end of January, hopefully with a couple of cat skiing days as well. I'm looking to upgrade my Shredditor 102s as they've had some pretty heavy base damage and I find they are a bit too 'light' for me, and don't hold up to going fast.

FYI I am 6'4, 200lbs so i'm looking for a ski that can handle my size. Obviously i'm not massive by any means but I think the shredittor in hindsight probably wasn't the best ski for my build. I'm now looking for a new ski to be a primary one quiver for northern hemisphere skiing (I'm from Australia but typically go skiing in Japan, Canada, Europe). The Wildcat / Bibby really intrigues me. I've read plenty of reviews and everyone seems to love it. The 190cm version looks perfect for me, however I do worry about the width. At 118mm under foot that's a realll fat ski (esp. coming from 102). I would love a Wildcat 107mm alpine version and I believe they are testing one but for now and won't release it till later in 2019. The other Moment options are Deathwish / PB&J but for whatever reason i'm still leaning towards the Wildcat.

I typically ski ungroomed and backcountry/sidecountry when possible, however there will be days where I spend half the day on the groomer with my girlfriend. Something I love doing is popping 180s / 360s on the side of groomers and a couple of shifties. Is this possible with the Wildcat / Bibby or is too big a ski to easily do such things?

I massively appreciate any advice.
    Last edited by JapPowHound; 01-03-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Highly recommend checking out pages 37-38 of this thread. Discussion of how to pick a Bibby length (184 v 190) is relevant to your situation.

Obviously the Bibby isn’t a question in powder conditions. In back of my mind I guess I always assumed it wasn’t the move for true ice/low snow groomer conditions given the width. But then I skied bulletproof ice at Mad River for a few days last week and saw 3 different skiers on Bibbys ripping at high speeds on what was essentially a bumpy steep ice rink. Asked one (a 45 yo dad with his kids) by the racks and he didn’t have a bad thing to say. As long as you’re a solid skier it’ll do the job any day, anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by JapPowHound View Post

FYI I am 6'4, 200lbs so i'm looking for a ski that can handle my size. .
    I'm 6' and ~185 and echo everything that has ever been written about the 190 Bibby. Doesn't feel too big to piss around on side hits (not ideal obviously), but holds up to speed and crushes more conditions than any other single ski I have ever been on. There are better hardpack skis and better pow skis, but I can't think of too many skis that do as many things as well as a Bibby. I've never been out on mine and had a bad day due to the ski and I doubt you'll find too many folks who would say any different.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JapPowHound View Post
    I'm now looking for a new ski to be a primary one quiver for northern hemisphere skiing
    Avoid the one ski quiver if at all possible. That being said the Bibby’s (prob a 190 in your size) and a second ski like the nordica enforcer or PB&J would be good.

FYI I’m 6’ 180 and I’ve skied both the 190 Bibby’s and 184s extensively. For me the 184s are more fun in air and in bumps but the 190 have an awesome topline. Depends on what matters more to you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Moment Skis Discussion

I’ll echo what everyone else has said about the bibby. It is a surprisingly versatile ski that can shred groomers soft or firm and be a blast in chop from the storm a few days prior. It doesn’t float as well as some pow skis with the same waist width, but they also suck in everything but pow. You won’t regret a 190 bibby, I daily drove them for 2 and a half seasons, only to add a pb&j to the mix. For many of us, they are the best ski ever made.

Holy crap. Best ski ever made?

Absolutely in the running. Top 3 for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

At your size I think the 190 Bibby is a no brainer for sure. It is about as close to a daily driver as a powder ski can be. That said, for a true one ski quiver it's maybe a bit much. From Moment probably the Deathwish, PB&J, or Commander 108 (more directional) would possibly be better fits. Something like the ON3P Kartel 108 sounds like it would suit your needs really well though. Moment is REALLY missing the 108 class playful daily driver/one ski quiver in their lineup. A 108 Wildcat/Bibby/PB&J should be on the top of their priority list IMO.