Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 755
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    are all the new lineup touring skis full tail rocker?
    Yes, all the new touring skis have tail rocker. All are totally different camber profiles though.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    It's not a skinny Gov or a revised Belafonte. Its a totally different beast. We dont like how most skis with major tip taper ski so we know where you're coming from.

    To achieve the turn radius we wanted some taper was required. Just know that the 21m is an average of multiple radii.
    Thanks for clarifying Luke. Sounds very unique! Looking forward to hearing some feedback once they get on the snow this winter.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Thanks for clarifying Luke. Sounds very unique! Looking forward to hearing some feedback once they get on the snow this winter.
    They will be an awesome replacement for those OG Belafontes you were talking about.

    2 sheets of metal keeps you honest!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    It's not a skinny Gov or a revised Belafonte. Its a totally different beast. We dont like how most skis with major tip taper ski so we know where you're coming from.

    To achieve the turn radius we wanted some taper was required. Just know that the 21m is an average of multiple radii.
    One of the only skis I really enjoyed on firm, that had a ton of taper, was the 196 Bibby Special/OG Governor. With the 150mm tapered tip. I bought that 2018 196 you guys had left over last week, in order to see how I like it with less taper in the newer design. I have high hopes.

    It was also rad to see the factory, and everybody there is super knowledgable. The factory is bigger than I expected. The finish on your new skis is absolutely top notch too.

    Will Moment ever release a WildcatX? 108mm regular core Wildcat, 1 sheet of metal. Nordica Helldorado replacement.

    In all honesty, a regular core Wildcat 108 (without metal), is all I really ask for. That sounds like the holy grail for versatility.. keep the 190 length!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

    Will Moment ever release a WildcatX? 108mm regular core Wildcat, 1 sheet of metal. Nordica Helldorado replacement.

    In all honesty, a regular core Wildcat 108 (without metal), is all I really ask for. That sounds like the holy grail for versatility.. keep the 190 length!
    Send us an email. We can make customs no problem. Later this season we are going to press a small factory direct run of Wildcat 108 Tours. Wont be hard to slip a standard build into there.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,887
    I do love my old Govs. Closest thing to a one-ski quiver I've ever had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I do love my old Govs. Closest thing to a one-ski quiver I've ever had.
    We still make them. They are just limited and factory direct: https://www.momentskis.com/products/governor

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,743

    Moment Skis Discussion

    I loved how the OG 196 Govs were easy to ski, but then felt like a BIG ski when you actually needed them to. They carved ice too, and they were dreamy on chalk. In deep fluffy dry pow, they were simply stunning.

    The Blister review says the newer design is even better. I cant wait.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,887
    Saw that. They're purty. Might replace them at some point but the quiver is always too large (of course one good reason to have a quiver is 'cuz skis last longer) and picked up a pair of big Bodacious last year, so the gear wad is blown for a while.

    I'm surprised they're limited. Was it not a strong seller? Honestly one of my all time fave rides in the 196. Does everything well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Saw that. They're purty. Might replace them at some point but the quiver is always too large (of course one good reason to have a quiver is 'cuz skis last longer) and picked up a pair of big Bodacious last year, so the gear wad is blown for a while.

    I'm surprised they're limited. Was it not a strong seller? Honestly one of my all time fave rides in the 196. Does everything well.
    It was a decent seller. Honestly, the average consumer is super afraid of anything over 190cm and wider than 120mm underfoot.

    We still love these kinds of skis so we make them, sell them direct, and dont confuse the retailer and average joe with them in the standard line up.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,743
    Bring back the 196 Donner Party! I was told that you still can make those?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,887
    I guess when I think of your brand "average consumer" is not the first thing that comes to mind, but I suppose that's kinda what you have to aim for to stay afloat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    It was a decent seller. Honestly, the average consumer is super afraid of anything over 190cm and wider than 120mm underfoot.

    We still love these kinds of skis so we make them, sell them direct, and dont confuse the retailer and average joe with them in the standard line up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Bring back the 196 Donner Party! I was told that you still can make those?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Talk about a ski only a handful of people actually need!

    Yes, we can make them...

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,743

    Moment Skis Discussion

    JD, Iím a little jealous you found those ghost trains. I never really looked into that ski, but had the night train. The GT looks to have corrected the issues I had with the NT..

    What topsheet is on them? What length again?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    2,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Bring back the 196 Donner Party!
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Talk about a ski only a handful of people actually need!


    Name:  YwakQk5.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  58.2 KB
    Last edited by iggyskier; 08-22-2018 at 06:54 PM.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Talk about a ski only a handful of people actually need!
    Let's not cloud the issue with 'need'

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    JD, I’m a little jealous you found those ghost trains. I never really looked into that ski, but had the night train. The GT looks to have corrected the issues I had with the NT..

    What topsheet is on them? What length again?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah a great summer find. Dude i bought them from skied his Comis so much that these Ghost Trains never saw much action! They are a combination of two other pow skis, Ghost Chant and Night Train. So they seemingly worked out any issues from those, and made something more refined and balanced. They are 14/15 model, 194cm. Great shape and flex. Big ski, but all that taper and rocker balances them out. Topsheet design is OK, the more recent one with the wizard on it is WAY better.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ghost_Train_2015_top_dc9dc97e-12ba-4c86-a89d-a045c72bfa5d_1024x1024.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	243144

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post


    Where are those stiff flex desks?????

    Blem stiff Comi's were fun as fuck. I'm still eyeing Meridians but I dunno if I need em

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,743
    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Yeah a great summer find. Dude i bought them from skied his Comis so much that these Ghost Trains never saw much action! They are a combination of two other pow skis, Ghost Chant and Night Train. So they seemingly worked out any issues from those, and made something more refined and balanced. They are 14/15 model, 194cm. Great shape and flex. Big ski, but all that taper and rocker balances them out. Topsheet design is OK, the more recent one with the wizard on it is WAY better.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ghost_Train_2015_top_dc9dc97e-12ba-4c86-a89d-a045c72bfa5d_1024x1024.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	243144
    That wizard topsheet was rad. I wanna hear how they compare to those C&Ds, which float extremely well.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    That wizard topsheet was rad. I wanna hear how they compare to those C&Ds, which float extremely well.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    18/19 Powder Ski Shoot-out!: 191 C&Ds vs 194 Ghost Trains vs 196 Pillow Fights. Its going to get out of control haha

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    798
    Juice onto Moments! Does that mean the board will swing toward favoring Moment over ON3P this year?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Juice onto Moments! Does that mean the board will swing toward favoring Moment over ON3P this year?

    I will arm wrestle Scott for your love and respect. Just let me know the time and place.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    I will arm wrestle Scott for your love and respect. Just let me know the time and place.
    I smell a ski-off

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    3,743

    Moment Skis Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Juice onto Moments! Does that mean the board will swing toward favoring Moment over ON3P this year?
    Iím still on On3ps! Iím trying to take a more well rounded approach with the Quiver from now on, with Praxis, Moment, and On3p all getting equal attention. All three are phenomenal brands, and all three make some of the highest quality skis in the world. I havent skied a Sego yet..

    Lucky enough, each brand makes some fairly different skis, and it should be easy for most to pick a great ski that matches their specific style, from these companies.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I smell a ski-off
    I would prefer a blade-off but whatever works. I'm game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •