Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Moment Skis Discussion

Wildcats are fast, loose in soft crud/chop, but locked in on moderate ice. They were very fun for my first day back on the slopes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 11-30-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromNS View Post
    Chipotle Banana + Commander 118
    Commander 118 was what I was thinking.

More looking for that ghost train special issue, myself

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    If I recall correctly, Carston Oliver not the tallest guy, and/or wanted something maneuverable. Despite not being longer, it has a beefy build with extra fiberglass and carbon so it should still feel like a strong ski. The interesting thing is the stated weight at 1890 grams per ski (unless its an error) is much less than the Meridian 117 at 2200 grams which is presumably a very similar design and build.
    Seems strange, CB’s are a beefcake ski for not having any metal in them. Wonder if the lay up has changed. Re: the 186...I’ve never needed more, can’t get this ski to flap in the slightest. I even used it as a daily driver for a season at Bridger. Amazing ski!

Moment Skis Discussion

Ya Betelgeuse Moment PBJs do rip! Just had my first day on my 182s, they floated just fine in a bit of pow we found in West Bowl. And they absolutely ripped on the groomers. Perfect mounted on rec at -5cm. Very happy Moment. I’m gonna love these.

Can’t wait to try the Meridian 117s when it snows more.

This was in West Bowl today at Whistler on my PBJs:

Attachment 258089

Attachment 258178

Attachment 258179
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-02-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Awesome shot!

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Attachment 256023

Had the shop rehabilitate some Jaguar Sharks I recently got here. HOLLY COW!

Surfy & seeking the fall line. Really fun ski.
    Saw some (mounted tele?!) on some guys roof rack the other day. Can’t wait till I break mine out on some big runs

Attachment 258125

Met a guy with 184 DW on the lift at basin on Friday. Asked if he was on TGR and he said no but did say he knew a bunch of you guys at the factory. Great looking ski and did not look 184. Keep on trucking with the indies
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I hope to get my WC tours out on snow this week. Very excited for them.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I hope to get my WC tours out on snow this week. Very excited for them.
    Standard size or 108?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

The standard size

Moment Skis Discussion

I’m loving the 190 Wildcats so far. Skied em the past 3 days, encountering different densities of crud, chop, debris, chickenheads to full on snowman heads, ice and firm, and some sweeeet untracked. And rocks today, gunna need some P tex tonight, but worth it for some good pow turns. I’ll definitely be keeping these bad boys and skiing them till they die.

I coud just ski them all year, no matter the conditions, and not worry about whats on my feet. They crush a lot of different conditions. So glad I went with the same exact shape for touring as well as my thin all mtn ski, Bibby Tours and Pb&Js. I enjoy and am keeping the 188 PB&Js too. Great freestyle all mtn/park ski for heavier guys or rippers who still want to drive their shins into their boots with a semi-directional feeling ski. Or well, more directional feeling than most if not all other “jib” skis. Gonna get on Bibby Tours soon hopefully.

I had 2013 190 Bibbys that I liked but didnt quite “click” with when the skis were heavier, I weighed much less, and I was worse at skiing fast and clean. I weighed 185lbs nekkid back then, but I dont remember the Bibbys being this floaty. The Wildcats float my now 215lbs even just noodleing around in the trees at 5-10mph when I’m with the family. Then I can branch off, and turn it up to 40mph off piste in funky shit, and the skis just charge. The skis do whatever I wanna do, with just a slight amount of input.

I do notice that the lighter weight tips, just the tip!, gets deflected the slightest amount. A little more than I remember on Bibbys, and a little more than my heavier skis. Not deflected really, but it doesnt wanna plow through something, now it will go over the top. Again I’m heavy, so I’m sure those under 200lbs wont even notice a thing. I barely notice, and I’m the type of loop that notices my hair growing. The Wildcats are still super fast, on top of being impressively light feeling. They are probably as fast as my custom heavy and stiff Praxis Rx or Billy Goats, which is saying a lot, cuz they weigh almost a full pound lighter in each ski. The lighter weight comes in handy when you wanna ski hard all day long. They also feel like they ski more dynamically than my old Bibbys, cuz of the 300g loss/ski. However I cant really judge that accurately, because I personally also ski more dynamically now with an extra 350 days under my belt since I last skied bibbys.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I’m loving the 190 Wildcats so far. Skied em the past 3 days, encountering different densities of crud, chop, debris, chickenheads to full on snowman heads, ice and firm, and some sweeeet untracked. And rocks today, gunna need some P tex tonight, but worth it for some good pow turns. I’ll definitely be keeping these bad boys and skiing them till they die.

I coud just ski them all year, no matter the conditions, and not worry about whats on my feet. They crush a lot of different conditions. So glad I went with the same exact shape for touring as well as my thin all mtn ski, Bibby Tours and Pb&Js. I enjoy and am keeping the 188 PB&Js too. Great freestyle all mtn/park ski for heavier guys or rippers who still want to drive their shins into their boots with a semi-directional feeling ski. Or well, more directional feeling than most if not all other “jib” skis. Gonna get on Bibby Tours soon hopefully.

I had 2013 190 Bibbys that I liked but didnt quite “click” with when the skis were heavier, I weighed much less, and I was worse at skiing fast and clean. I weighed 185lbs nekkid back then, but I dont remember the Bibbys being this floaty. The Wildcats float my now 215lbs even just noodleing around in the trees at 5-10mph when I’m with the family. Then I can branch off, and turn it up to 40mph off piste in funky shit, and the skis just charge. The skis do whatever I wanna do, with just a slight amount of input.

I do notice that the lighter weight tips, just the tip!, gets deflected the slightest amount. A little more than I remember on Bibbys, and a little more than my heavier skis. Not deflected really, but it doesnt wanna plow through something, now it will go over the top. Again I’m heavy, so I’m sure those under 200lbs wont even notice a thing. I barely notice, and I’m the type of loop that notices my hair growing. The Wildcats are still super fast, on top of being impressively light feeling. They are probably as fast as my custom heavy and stiff Praxis Rx or Billy Goats, which is saying a lot, cuz they weigh almost a full pound lighter in each ski. The lighter weight comes in handy when you wanna ski hard all day long. They also feel like they ski more dynamically than my old Bibbys, cuz of the 300g loss/ski. However I cant really judge that accurately, because I personally also ski more dynamically now with an extra 350 days under my belt since I last skied bibbys.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Juice - So glad to hear that they worked well for you! Now you see what the hype is all about, they just work so well across all conditions. Give those tips and tails a detune to the contact point (tip/tail to widest point) and see if that helps with the deflection.

Moment Skis Discussion

I took out 185 Bent Chetlers today, what a fkn mistake. Wildcats are just as playful, but better in every single way for me. The 2mm thinner wildcats ski 10mm thinner.

BCs going on ebay/NS after 3 runs. As a matter of fact, a lot of stuff is going on sale after skiing these Wildcats! I got the BCs as an easy going ski, but the wildcats arent any harder to ski at my weight.. wasted money on atomics
    Shoulda spent it on Deathwishes

Deciding between the Deathwish tour or the Meridian tour.

DW’s are lighter and I don’t plan on charging in the backcountry so leaning towards them.

Meridian tour seems like more of a 50/50 ski. Is this correct?

Attachment 258404
    Decided to take the Wildcat 190s out for their inaugural run on Friday Nov 30th....that’s right, 118 underfoot in November...or Snowvember if you will.
    The Wasatch is sportin mid-winter conditions so I just couldn’t wait any longer...
    it wasn’t deep pow but was soft enough to justify the test run. And I can tell the gunna be awe-sum!
    Of course they crush crud...even better than the 184 Bibbys I rocked the last few seasons.
    I was a lil worried the 190s would lean too chargy at the expense of playful but the new layup felt great.
    And, wow, a super suspension for hitting little booters and simple drops... the extra 6cms add a ton of stability...can’t wait to really push these MFers!

And now for the surprise of the weekend...
    Attachment 258405
    I’ve been touring (occasionally) the past couple seasons on the 184 Deathwish but decided to change them out for something shorter & lighter (think rossi super-seller in a girly color).
    ANYWAY, I threw some demo binders on the DW to use as a rock ski.
    Took ‘em out Sunday to rip some groomers and surf some early season, variable depth pow.
    Aaaand, they delivered. Impressed, in fact. I forgot how fun this ski is. Especially in the variable early season conditions. Firm, man made blues...the triple camber ripped and railed. The soft stuff on the sides and in the trees, they floated and surfed like Kelly Slater!
    It is a truly amazing tool to rip out west. If I had to settle for a quiver of one (and thank God I do not) it would be the Deathwish, hands down.

^ those DWs look good all murdered out. Not that I'm going to take the time to do the same, but curious what you used/how it's held up? Graphics on those have always left me scratching my head. Lots of people comment on them/seem to like them though.
    100% agree with the versatility comments. Mine have become the "no idea what I'm going to find, but I'm pretty sure it's not pow and I'm feeling a little lazy to really give'er" day/time of season skis.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Deciding between the Deathwish tour or the Meridian tour.

DW’s are lighter and I don’t plan on charging in the backcountry so leaning towards them.

Meridian tour seems like more of a 50/50 ski. Is this correct?

You cant make a mistake, I like both. I do not own the Meridian but my son does so I have skied it a few times and I think it is a great ski. I own the Deathwish and Deathwish tour and they ski similar. DW tour is a little narrower under foot than the regular and the lighter weight makes the tour ski not as well in chop or in mashed potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    You cant make a mistake, I like both. I do not own the Meridian but my son does so I have skied it a few times and I think it is a great ski. I own the Deathwish and Deathwish tour and they ski similar. DW tour is a little narrower under foot than the regular and the lighter weight makes the tour ski not as well in chop or in mashed potatoes.
    Im thinking the Deathwish tour floats better in pure pow and the Meridien tour performs better on corn and variable conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    ^ those DWs look good all murdered out. Not that I'm going to take the time to do the same, but curious what you used/how it's held up? .
    I love most Moment art and definitely gravitate to the dark side but my girls hated and were “creeped out” by the ole DW topsheet. So I picked up a can of Krylon at the Walmart and voila I’m back in black! It has actually held up quite well imo.

Attachment 258564

Was not home for FedEx guy

Sign up for a fedex account and you can print a release form for them so you don’t have to be home. Tape it to your door and they will leave the package.

FedEx Guy is taking a Moment to rip some pow and bust some crud!

Im surprised a tour core PB&J is not available.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Im surprised a tour core PB&J is not available.
    I guess they figure if you're touring it's more for soft snow conditions, hence the Wildcat 108.

I'm interested in getting some PB&Js as daily drivers, especially for southern hemisphere winter. A pair of PB&Js is not even 200g heavier than Wildcat Tours.

I'll see how the 108s do as a 50/50 ski before going down that road...

Love to hear how the 108s do as a resort ski. Have a pair of shift that I'm contemplating putting on either my old bibbys or a new pair of 108 tours (or maybe 108 kartels). Love the bibbys and if the 108s can handle the resort well I'd happily go that route although these skis would probably be more like 80/20 resort to bc.