Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Right? And yet I'm weirdly curious how DJ knows what happens after 10.

Dr. Nira sees no harm in the 24 chicken choke

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I was just doing the math on six tugs
    and could not come up with a solution short
    of going back in time to my teenage years.
    They have one of those time machines on the playa, right?
    I read that as 6 miles, 12 beers, 18 donuts and 24 wanks. 10 in 24 hours would be doable, 1 per hour...spittin' dust!

The donut part would be hard for me.

still trying to wrap my head around the no drug thing. I too thought it was a psychedelic free for all. i lernt something
    Yeah, my mind can’t twist up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Yeah, my mind can’t twist up on that.
    Mine either. Sounds boring.

Next we’re gonna hear there will be no nekkid titties...

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Drugs are not to be thought about on the playa. It's really that simple. If that's your thing, you got it figured out.

Now, everything else is very much to be thought, talked, and fucked about, very much including your brain and body.

I passed up my first burn in '96 and deeply regret it, but not really. I got enough dust, stories, and such.

Tipp: If you are serious, come next year. I gave away my extra this year, and would love to have you in our very chill camp. No duties but check your drama and don't be an idiot. I found that us mountain folk from Colorado really shine there. One, we are tolerant, don't care much about shit, know how to set up a monster car camp party, and love good music. All of us probably have enough random shit in our rigs to do about anything, which we do, eat, create, and participate.

We also really need our mist and shade.
    I should make a vacation of this next year after reading this

It’s BS. Friends that I just saw last week are bringing lots of stuff. They’ve brought this stuff in for many many years through sniffing dogs and people searches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Skeptical here too. Show me a group of westerners on vacation and I'll show you some druhjs. Is the playa policed so well it doesn't measure on the shakedown street scale?
    On a 1-10 on the Shakedown Scale, I'd put it at 12, and I've been to some heady streets. It's just that when it's hot and dusty as fuck in the middle of the day, you might not really want to be literally watching yourself melt, so it's mostly a nighttime/morning shakedown extravaganza, with more booze than you could imagine during the day (think 50' bars, everywhere, for miles, with handles and handles and handles. Every day.

Shit gets real when EVERYTHING lights up, from millimeters to miles.

Grinning just thinking about it and packing.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    It’s BS. Friends that I just saw last week are bringing lots of stuff. They’ve brought this stuff in for many many years through sniffing dogs and people searches.
    Let's just say it's not rocket science, but it's not really something to be talked about. Hell, there's a mutherfucking airport. You could fly in kilos all day like Miami in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Let's just say it's not rocket science, but it's not really something to be talked about. Hell, there's a mutherfucking airport. You could fly in kilos all day like Miami in the 80's.
    Understood. I rewrote my initial post before posting. A friend in the early 90’s (like 94) was one of their first drug arrests in BRC.

don’t want to distract from the burner moment so i’ll wait,
    till the caravan has retreated from the ceremonial grounds,
    to ask a few burner jong questions. stay cool players
    Fire away.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Honestly I thought the same thing pretty much. Alcohol and no drugs really sounds like it could hurt a fella.

Me and a couple guys have been talking about it for next year, I mentioned it to my wife and she was like cool. I was a little surprised that that's all she said but I just let it slide. Like a week or 10 days later she said, "You oughta start getting in shape for Burning Man for next year, shouldn't you?"

I was a bit puzzled. Why do I need to start getting in shape for Burning Man a year out, I asked. She goes, well, all that running, swimming and biking, that's gonna be hard as hell.

Burning Man, Ironman, same difference, right?
    I could prolly set up a high intensity, no aerobic training routine for you, Ice. Special diet, realization of self, and a strong focus on ignoring reality, followed by a profound sense of calm. Well, anyways, that's the intro...

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Fuck....seeing the RV caravan on the road picture on that page made me think burners were like target ducks at a carnival booth for these cops.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And yet I'm weirdly curious how DJ knows what happens after 10.
    was told by a friend

Bout to roll in. See you in the dust!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Bout to roll in. See you playas in the dust!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    FIFY

Im packed up and heading out! I got the summit info, ill be there! drive safe lads
    Hello darkness my old friend

SADDLE UP!
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

any thoughts on not doing it on BLM land that requires a drive thru First Nations roads? or renting a yhuuge patch of private desert land from a bundy or someone else wanting to make a buck off their sterile property?
    The BM org recently bought Fly Ranch just northwest of the event site. Adjacent hualapai playa is on a list of BLM lands that the govn't wants to eventuall get rid of and turn private. A long time ago they had the event on hualapai playa but it is now too small.
    Rumor also is that there are alternate sites they have considered in eastern Oregon if Nevada becomes too problematic. Probably won't happen though.

hualapai playa woudn't fix the drive through but being on private land would allow them to control on-site security a lot more.

Edit for fly ranch site: https://flyranch.burningman.org/
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

any thoughts on not doing it on BLM land that requires a drive thru First Nations roads? or renting a yhuuge patch of private desert land from a bundy or someone else wanting to make a buck off their sterile property?
    There are roads going both east and west out of Gerlach that bypass the rez. I posted this pic earlier in the thread. It's Jungo Road and goes 100 miles to/from Winnemucca and it's fairly brutal. The other goes from Gerlach to Cedarville then Alturas. I hear its paved from Gerlach to Cedarville across the Smoke Creek Desert these days. It's a pleasant drive. I drove Jungo Road out of Gerlach to Winnemucca at night in a foot of snow and scared the shit out of myself most of the 100 miles.

It should be noted that very few places exist that have close to what the playa has - no insects, no snakes, no water, no life, except humans who dare to venture there. Closest comparison would be Bonneville, minus the Great Salt Lake. Or the Atacama Desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Remember that scene in Limitless where Bradley Cooper stabs the Russian mobster and starts lapping his blood off the floor?
    I was watching that movie in college with a Russian buddy of mine. When that guy first comes on he starts laughing, because the "Russian mobster" sounds like a Polish Jew trying to fake a Russian accent.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Chowing down pho in fallon. Ready to strike. My entire camp is already there and set up. Man side corner of 915 and K. Look for the parachute and say hello.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Hit gate road. Enjoy your burn.