Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    The Skiball clan speaks with one voice on this topic.

Reading through this makes me miss New York City a bit. It's not that people don't do obnoxious shit all the time there (they obviously do). But it is practically socially acceptable to call someone out. It's cathartic. And not getting shit done quickly is considered rude. Used to be I couldn't go a couple months without calling someone out for being an inconsiderate asshole. Now I live in a land of people who are all smiles while driving and moving slowly without consideration for what is going on around them. And I need to keep my mouth shut about it all or I'd be the asshole. I can't get used to this shit. I miss the sounds of horns honking at people who don't fucking drive when the light turns green. Thank god I escaped the city, but I miss the efficiency and the brutal honesty.

^^it's a tough call really. Which is better/worse? I have my take but it's not any more worthwhile than anyone else's. Whatever floats yer boat I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Trump is in large part responsible for the enormous recent escalation in the kind of behaviors we've been discussing here.

"Hey! The president's a dick and gets way with it! I guess I can be a dick too and no one will call me out!"
    This shit started years before he ever thought about running. I am not a fan in the least but the constant bashing/accusing poster A of being a Trumpy is sickening.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    This shit started years before he ever thought about running. I am not a fan in the least but the constant bashing/accusing poster A of being a Trumpy is sickening.

I'm not seeing it. A couple random comments towards known poliass douchebags, brushing them back a little, I see that.What do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm not seeing it. A couple random comments towards known poliass douchebags, brushing them back a little, I see that.What do you want?
    It's definitely not just in this thread, flows over many. Just making a point that societal oblivion isn't Trump exclusive.

This shit started years before he ever thought about running
    I never saw public racist rants against random people - from anyone but the obviously mentally ill - until the last year or so.

It's definitely not just in this thread, flows over many. Just making a point that societal oblivion isn't Trump exclusive.
    No but, he's given license to act like nothing else matters but me. Hey, if I don't squeal like a coward over every breath, someone is going to get ahead of me.

This behavior has a name and a voice now
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I never saw public racist rants against random people - from anyone but the obviously mentally ill - until the last year or so.
    Not really sure what this has to do with people who walk around expecting everyone else to look out for them instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. Instead of blaming others for their issues, it would be refreshing to see someone say, I screwed up and own it. Like the moron walking in the mall texting and walking into a fountain. She sued the mall for emotional injury because they released the video of the stupid ass flipping into the fountain.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    are you that guy that turns around and runs right into me because you are still fumbling with your card/change. or maybe backs up like a crawdad from the counter wheeling around at the last minute with eyes on the floor and right into me? or turning like you are going back into the store instead of for the door....i know you! you might also be the guy that points south with your hand while telling me i need to be driving north when im asking for directions.....i know you!
    No, as I said it takes me no time to grab my shit and go, but other people behind me think they can checkout faster by getting to the CC machine ASAP. They can't see 2-3 moves in front of them. They just mindlessly shift towards the CC machine without thinking, like people who stand up right away when a flight is done.

Fastest wallet in the west, son.

So now I try to take a more relaxed approach to things. Some of you might try it, it's not bad.
    One one hand, you are of course 100% right.

On the other hand, you don't fuck with another man's car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Sub Trump with Elon Musk

WHAT DID YOU DO TO SAVE THE COVE CHILDREN@!@#$@
    FIFY

The Skiball clan speaks with one voice on this topic.
    It's a cult, not a clan, you Irish so and so.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Thank god I escaped the city, but I miss the efficiency and the brutal honesty.

There’s definitely a certain anonymity in the city.
    But I find people are much more civil, if there’s a chance they’ll see you again tomorrow.
    Especially if they might need something from you sometime.

Here is how I square all of this and take some solace.

Time is fucking huge. Space is just as big.

Given how big just our solar system is and how little time Humans have inhabited this rock this time around, I find comfort in the fact that one day this planet will shake off the current infestation of fleas (humans) and will heal itself just fine until the next crop of bugs evolves.

Time is really really big.

Unless, of course, there is some catastrophic cosmic event that wipes out all life (like getting eaten eventually by the Sun).
    There is your dose of joyful thinking for this Sunday evening.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Unless, of course, there is some catastrophic cosmic event that wipes out all life (like getting eaten eventually by the Sun).
    There is your dose of joyful thinking for this Sunday evening.
    That shit still won't kill Keith.

Actually if you take a long enough view that is the future.

Precisely...among ALL possible worlds.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

It's all about the journey and whether you're the gas or the brakes. Energy v. entropy. Part of the solution or part of the problem, it's up to you. I'm about a teaspoon of regular unleaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    This behavior has a name and a voice now
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    able healthy fkrs that park in the handicap spot grind my gears
    Can't always tell assuming they have a permit. My father in law is usually quite mobile but has unpredictable events that suddenly make him quite feeble. If it happens walking across a parking lot out inn the hot sun he could find himself in real trouble unable to make it the rest of the way having to sit down right there in the middle of the lot halfway to/from the car. So, keep that in mind when giving stink eyes at people who don't look handicapped.

I also used to know a guy with a prosthetic leg. It was quite high tech and stealth under long pants. One day a part broke and we had to borrow a wheelchair from the mall so he didn't have to hop on one foot to his car. People who possibly might need a handicapped spot are allowed to use them because there is a possibility they might become handicapped even though they can usually walk fine.

I’ll play:

What is it with all the Harley type bikes with no or non working mufflers? Also all this big pickup trucks that don’t seem to have working mufflers?

I mean the only conceivable purpose is to make a lot of noise and that negatively effects others.
    Kids are covering their ears 1/2 block away, windows rattling. In essence people with these set ups are just blaring a noise out that says “I’m an asshole, hear me roar”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I’ll play:

What is it with all the Harley type bikes with no or non working mufflers? Also all this big pickup trucks that don’t seem to have working mufflers?

I mean the only conceivable purpose is to make a lot of noise and that negatively effects others.
    Kids are covering their ears 1/2 block away, windows rattling. In essence people with these set ups are just blaring a noise out that says “I’m an asshole, hear me roar”
    South Park covered this one years ago pretty perfectly:

https://www.hulu.com/watch/249997#i0,p6,s13,d0