Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This thread was touted as being worth reading in the week in review. I am disappoint.
    You misunderstood, or I wasn’t clear, my point was that it was weird Spokane would generate so much polarized disagreement.

Interesting article in today's Spokesman Review regarding foreseen growth in Spokane-Coeur d'Alene corridor.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ring-nearly-1/

Just checking in here, I'm really late to the party... advice: live closer to ID when you get here (valley or otis orchards) because Idaho is where you're want to recreate. PM me with any questions.

We'll need to get a spokane/n. Idaho ski day going this winter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    Just checking in here, I'm really late to the party... advice: live closer to ID when you get here (valley or otis orchards) because Idaho is where you're want to recreate. PM me with any questions.

We'll need to get a spokane/n. Idaho ski day going this winter!!!
    I was thinking of starting a mini summit kick off the ski season have a beer and meet everyone type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I was thinking of starting a mini summit kick off the ski season have a beer and meet everyone type of thing.
    Love the idea! Drinking round a fire-pit sounds good to me!

Depending on exactly where you want to go in Idaho, this is a variable. I live just north of Spokane and travel pretty exclusively to Sandpoint/Schweitzer. It's 30 minutes faster from where I am than if I were in east Spokane County and is largely devoid of traffic. Plus, I just don't like the Valley area too much, outside of Liberty Lake. But that's just me...

Love the idea! Drinking round a fire-pit sounds good to me!
    Let’s do it. Pick the date 2Funky

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Lookout could be opening soon...

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    always love the I want yuppie amenities (cool shops, nice bars, no shitty homeless people) but I don't want yuppie signalling (no JLR dealerships) doublethink.
    This.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Has LVS set up a Lookout Biathlon course with his contact? Early season turns are mediocre at best, time to add a bit of a challenge to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Has LVS set up a Lookout Biathlon course with his contact? Early season turns are mediocre at best, time to add a bit of a challenge to the event.
    I like it.

Semi automatic rifles are still legal in Idaho right?

I think they're required.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think they're required.
    Our credo: Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Semi automatic rifles are still legal in Idaho right?
    Whatever you conceal in your fartbag is legal in Idaho. No permits required!

Whatever you conceal in your fartbag is legal in Idaho. No permits required!
    Sounds like paradise to me...

Sent from my Moto E (4) using TGR Forums mobile app

Have you considered Phoenix?

4 Washington cities make nation’s top 50 urban areas for access to parks, public lands

REI Co-op and the Trust for Public Land (TPL) released a list highlighting the top 50 large urban centers in the U.S. where public lands and parks are widely available. Seattle, Bellevue, Spokane and Vancouver were among them.

While the top 50 cities focuses on urban centers with strong park systems, the data also reveals that 2 in 3 city-dwelling Americans do no have easy access to the outdoors, according to a news release sent by REI on Wednesday.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Thank dog b'ham didn't make the cut. We don't need any more retirees.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Thank dog b'ham didn't make the cut. We don't need any more retirees.
    Bellingham is either the shittiest place to live... homeless people, crime, low wages, high housing costs, etc, etc or the absolute best... mountain biking trail access, breweries, parks, access to Canada, mt Baker, the Sound, etc etc.

100% agree.

For years we always made those "best small town, place to retire" etc, lists - most compiled by non-local people/publications.

I used to be optimistic that the growth would bring some of the better cosmopolitan things like good jobs, restaurants, more tasteful development + the restoration of the cool but run down 100 yo houses (instead of turning farm land into McMansions or spec-house clusterfucks). But retirees don't seem to care about that shit, so all we have to show for it is unaffordable real estate and bad driving.
    /rant

As for the disproportionate number of homeless people, that's a problem we share with all west coast towns. Not freezing to death is a big motivator.

I keep wondering if it's getting worse... especially the mental illness issues... people in wheelchairs blocking traffic, people yelling crazy shit, part of it may be because I typically hear about everything that happens because of my job.

I still think it's getting really bad and something needs to give or there is going to be an explosion.

One of the worst things about my job is seeing people lose and regain their housing over and over. The same people. Sucks.

Also, a lot of my dirtbag level economy friends have had to move out of their rentals in the last year, mostly due to landlords selling and most have had to couch surf a few weeks between places... essentially homeless, but not really...

I asked GoldMember this a few weeks ago but want further input from the collective.

Mrs. LWS and I are starting to look at housing options. One idea we're both pretty excited about is the thought of living up at Schweitzer. There aren't many places where housing is (relatively) affordable and you can walk to a chairlift. That sort of thing doesn't exist in Washington.

Obviously there are some downsides in terms of mountain/winter driving and such. We are used to that currently, we live up a canyon near Leavenworth that takes 30 minutes to get to town and gets heavy snowfall and poor plowing.

My main question is what is living up there like? Are there many full time residents? Are the neighbors nice or fussy? What's the average age? Are there many 30 - 40 something outdoorsy types?

Also it appears there are at least 1 if not multiple HOA. What are the HOA politics like? There seemed to be an awful lot of rules, some of which I totally understood but others seemed a little confusing to me (ie you need written permission from the HOA to have a 1 ton truck? No power tools? No parking of "off road racing vehicles"?) Are rules like that general guidelines or are they strictly enforced? Obviously it seems it was written to keep the area nice and feel like a recreation/outdoor community with high property values but are they to the point that living up there feels stifled? Not saying I'm looking to move up there and haul in a 7 broken down cars and start a woodshop... but I do drive an f350. Obviously there are plenty of places in Idaho where someone can have the pile of project vehicles and such. I'm not looking to circumvent or subvert rules at all. But some HOAs can make living somewhere very unpleasant.

I'm using this move to hopefully break free of certain bad habits, ie creating a giant amount of projects for myself.

Second question: There seems to be quite a few buildable lots up there. What's the permit process like in that area? My county in Washington can be a real PITA to build, I assume Sandpoint area is better?

It also looks like the HOA has an architectural committee, what's that like? Again, not looking to plunk down a singlewide but am curious what the process, standards etc look like.

If anyone wants to send a pm rather than a public post please do so. I'm just trying to find more information as there isn't very much available on the web.

if you believe the social and political bullshit you post here LWS - you'll probably hate a HOA and the restrictions. no specific knowledge of said HOA, and that shits always variable based on who participates.

Yeah.

Those on the hill ski in and out places are suppose to look alike and boring but pristine.

Power tools make noise. Nobody wants to hear noise when they are on vacation unless they are the ones making it...

Lots of people with time and money to make your life suck if you bother them..