Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    As long as you claim religious discrimination you will not have to worry about the HOA

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    As long as you claim religious discrimination you will not have to worry about the HOA
    Jesus

Just need to prove you’re a devout redneck and your sacrament is rolling coal.

Checking in.

Moving to greater CDA area this summer. Looking for a reasonable rental anywhere from Downtown Coeur d’Alene to up north as far as Spirit Lake to the west and Sagle to the East. We would also be open to Beauty Bay to the south. Anyone got any leads? Looking at a one year lease on something to figure out where we actually want to live before committing to buying. An ideal situation for us would be a shop/garage with an attached apartment or a small house/modular home with a shop or large garage. We have 2 dogs, well behaved. Need off street parking. July 1st move-in date preferred.

Just a quick geography lesson... Spirit Lake to the north is fine but Sagle is actually further north, not east, almost to Sandpoint, just at the south end of the long bridge that leads into Sandpoint. Beauty Bay is mostly east, not so much south.... And no, no leads on anything. Carry on...and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Just a quick geography lesson... Spirit Lake to the north is fine but Sagle is actually further north, not east, almost to Sandpoint, just at the south end of the long bridge that leads into Sandpoint. Beauty Bay is mostly east, not so much south.... And no, no leads on anything. Carry on...and good luck.
    Yeah I know. We don't like Old Town, that's all. We drove around the area a few weeks ago. Business will be in Rathdrum. Trying to keep the commute at 30 minutes or less. 95 is a way quicker drive (at least where I'd be coming from and going to Sagle>Rathdrum) than anything north of Spirit Lake.

Spirit Lake or Twin Lakes are nice spots, easy commute to anything you'd likely want and easy jumps to skiing. Might kind of depend on how close to skiing you want to be and where you plan to ski. If you're thinking Silver, Beauty Bay direction is better while Spirit Lake would be better for Schweitzer. Obviously, Sagle is even better for Schweitzer. You might look around Stoneridge, it's not a bad area and pretty accessible to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Spirit Lake or Twin Lakes are nice spots, easy commute to anything you'd likely want and easy jumps to skiing. Might kind of depend on how close to skiing you want to be and where you plan to ski. If you're thinking Silver, Beauty Bay direction is better while Spirit Lake would be better for Schweitzer. Obviously, Sagle is even better for Schweitzer. You might look around Stoneridge, it's not a bad area and pretty accessible to everything.
    I bought a combo pass at 49/Silver since I figured I'd be closer to CDA than Sandpoint in all likelihood this winter. Long term we prefer Sandpoint/Schweitzer and might buy closer to there, like Sagle or Lake Cocolalla. We plan to rent for a year and see how things shake out, unless the right thing falls in to our lap. House at Schweitzer still a dream but not workable for a daily commute with the move location changing from Sandpoint area to CDA area.

Aiming to be in the area by July, CDA/Spokane/Panhandle mags let's have a meet up this summer. Maybe a BBQ or Silver Bike Park day.

Bump. Headed to CDA this weekend to look at a rental and ride the DH sled at Silver Mountain. Anyone want to meet up for some bike park laps?

2funky says that it's fishing season and he even went to the doctor to get a note saying he can only fish, so he won't go ride with me.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Any mags skiing at Schweitzer/in the area on Sunday?

I’m on an extended business trip for several weeks in Spokane. Looking to fool around on some planks again. Also, down to ice climb (would need boots, crampons, tools, otherwise I have packed my harness, helmet, biners, ATC...)

Bump because my question does not deserve its own thread.

I'm headed up that way the first weekend of November for some college sportsball and looking for areas of town in which to stay. Which parts of town should we avoid? Or, better yet, which part of town is best to park the truck for maximum brewery and bar walking?

Can't answer your question about parking the truck, but I sure liked the No-Li brewery for food and beer when I was there this summer. We always camp at Riverside State Park, but that's like a 20-minute drive from downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Can't answer your question about parking the truck, but I sure liked the No-Li brewery for food and beer when I was there this summer. We always camp at Riverside State Park, but that's like a 20-minute drive from downtown.
    No-Li makes some great beer!

In doing a bit of googlitating, it seems that there's a cluster of hotels downtown in an area bordered by the river to the north, Hwy 2 to the ease, and I-90 to the south. Is that a decent area? WIth Iron Goat and Brick West Brewing are both nearby, stumble distance is agreeable. Am I on the right track?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    No-Li makes some great beer!

In doing a bit of googlitating, it seems that there's a cluster of hotels downtown in an area bordered by the river to the north, Hwy 2 to the ease, and I-90 to the south. Is that a decent area? WIth Iron Goat and Brick West Brewing are both nearby, stumble distance is agreeable. Am I on the right track?
    Stay at the Davenport, right down town. Easy walking access to brew pubs and restaurants. Really cool old hotel.

Lodging:
    The Dav has great amenities and perfect location.
    Grand = modern
    Tower = refined rooms that feel more homey to me.

Live here and drink a lot of ‘Kan beer; I’m sorry but don’t understand no-li. Their offerings are overplayed at pretty much every restaurant and are very boring. They are true to their respective variety of beer but very unimaginative.

Beer in Spokane you should check out:

Lumberbeard - personal favorite, bright profiles, very playful and damn tasty.

Hidden mother - brewmaster is super talented and his unique take on brewing creates some insane beers.

Brick west - big ole venue with lots of outside and inside seating. Again, brewmaster is crushing it: read something that he plans to leave soon. So get it while he is still cranking out tasty offerings.

Food:
    Baba- middle eastern food, it’s bomb, rotate their menu every 2-3 months. Fresh pita is . Go here and walk around Kendal yards. Get ice cream at the Scoop after.

Wooden City - more modern cuisine. Their appetizers are killer; check out stuffed peppers and Cajun shrimp.

Iron Goat Brewing - great pizza and other foods. Beer is status quo but the food is what attracts me here.

Perry street pizza - cool location, pizza is on the sweater side. While here check out perry street brewing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Can confirm Baba was great. Other restaurants in the area seemed good and it’s a great walking area.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I always stayed at the Red Lion (Centennial now?). Take the bridge out the back door through the park and another bridge to the convention center area. Close to a few bars and restaurants. Nice area

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Lumberbeard - personal favorite, bright profiles, very playful and damn tasty.
    I just had their fresh hop beer and it was delicious. First beer I've had from these guys.

Rad! Thanks, all. Just what I was looking for.

Ny son just was accepted into Gonzaga Law School. He is seriously considering it. Lots of good reasons study there.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Spokane - living there?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Ny son just was accepted into Gonzaga Law School. He is seriously considering it. Lots of good reasons study there.
    Where else did he get in?

A couple things. Gonzaga is not known for being forthcoming with scholarships. For instance, GLaw offered me $4000 scholarship against a tuition of $40k. Numerous other regional schools offered me full tuition and even a couple T25 schools offered me way more than a ~10% discount. This was only a couple years ago, I don’t think the landscape has changed substantially. A friend in a different Zag post-grad program has told me similar things about their financial aid, so I think Gonzaga just sucks at helping students not pay full boat.

He will likely come out of GLaw with a massive debt load and not a lot of earning potential unless he or you have a ton of solid connections at high end law firms.

Also, GLaw generally has abysmal stats. Like ranking 100+ of national schools in overall USNews rankings, post-graduation employment percentage, bar passage, salary after graduation, etc. If he’s going to pay that much money to be an attorney, there are way better programs to get into.

It is his first notification. $100K scholarship (One of the "good" reasons!

He is a musician. Undergrad he studied music business and jazz piano at Univ. Miami. His focus is intellectual property and entertainment law.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Spokane - living there?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    It is his first notification. $100K scholarship (One of the "good" reasons!

He is a musician. Undergrad he studied music business and jazz piano at Univ. Miami. His focus is intellectual property and entertainment law.
    Well that’s great then. I’d imagine for that much money, he’s got a great GPA/LSAT. Does Gonzaga have an IP/ entertainment focus? I’d imagine if his stats are that good, there will be more offers from schools that have a focus in that, which is probably the best way to go.

You’re probably aware, but with covid keeping admissions numbers down, there’s a lot of money floating around. It’s pretty easy to negotiate higher scholarships with law schools by playing their offers against one another.

Most of my initial offers were in the 50% tuition range and I negotiated four up to full tuition and one even was going to pay room/board.

Then I bailed and never attended

My sister graduated from Gonzaga law. Still runs her own firm there occasionally lectures. If he decides let me put you in touch

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Thanks, man. Appreciate it!