Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    The real question is when will the BBI franchise visit N. Idaho?

I was replying to 2funky who said he’d never live in a shithole like Bellevue then he later edited it to say Bellingham. But you guys do you. Live it up wherever you’re at, that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
    I was replying to 2funky who said he’d never live in a shithole like Bellevue then he later edited it to say Bellingham. But you guys do you. Live it up wherever you’re at, that’s for sure.

Lol. Yeah. I’ve been to both. Not my jam, looked miserable honestly. But hey, if it’s all extremo for you then cool. Way to metro for me. I could get used to the salt fishing though. Just figured since we were shitting on where people live.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    It's looking fairly evident that I will be moving to Sandpoint by Summer 2020. Me and the holster business. We are looking to exit Washington due to the political climate not aligning with our business long term.

Thinking of using this as an opportunity to refocus and downsize the house, lifestyle etc. More time playing, less time working on large swaths of land.

How shitty is living at Schweitzer? Are the HOA's insane? Living walking distance to a chairlift sounds totally awesome. (For those not following the LWS life blog, I currently live 30 minutes from town up a remote canyon so I'm used to a shitty drive. Currently an hour to a ski area.)

How's the commercial/industrial real estate market?

Any areas really bad/worth avoiding?

Is this a mistake?
    noice, that’s my ideal (on the lake), but will probably pit stop in the city of topic for a while first. looking forward to having a spare bed avail in the area, thanks.

from the looking i’ve done recently, commercial is reasonable.

I know a few folks with condos at the Shwiz; they all live in Spoko or C’dalene. Not much to do in the Shwiz village, other than drink; there’s really nothing else there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I know a few folks with condos at the Shwiz; they all live in Spoko or C’dalene. Not much to do in the Shwiz village, other than drink; there’s really nothing else there.
    I live in Spokane (obviously) and have a 400 ft^2 condo at Schweitzer. It's great for my three-day winter weekends but we rarely ever go up other than ski season. As noted, not much to do on the mountain other than ski. Mountain biking there is...okay but I like where I ride in Spokane better. Lots more miles of trails that fit my riding style. Schweitzer is either up, up, up or down, down, down and all of it is pretty rocky. Not really any flow trails, at least not the last time I rode there. As for riding in other areas around town, definitely some good stuff but, if you live on the mountain, you still have to drive through town.

If I were to move there, I would look for something on or near the PdO river. However, it's expensive.

The real question is when will the BBI franchise visit N. Idaho?
    Let’s do this! It’d be great to finally meet everybody

Yeah just lets not do it in March eh? I've been almost every year for the last 10 and had some damp good skiing there but also endured some pretty epic monsoons.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Haha it’s funny hearing all these Bham vs Spo comparisons. Grew up in Skagit Valley and just wrapped up med school in Denver this past May. The options were: live in Summit county, move to Bellingham, or move to Spokane. We chose Spokane and have been here for 4 months and absolutely love it.

Couple things, having lived in Denver we realized how much we liked the sun. Anywhere on the westside of the state will challenge that : the winters can be purdy dark on the north side of them hills in The Ham.

Summit country is balls expensive and honestly while we loved the skiing we just did not want to sacrifice on other travel due to living in such an expensive area. Also I lived up there on rotation for several months, and people can be pretentious (generalization Ik) but with such a huge influx of tourists through the seasons it’s unavoidable.

Additionally, my family is on the westside of the state and while bham was more convenient the ham was... more convenient. Don’t get me wrong love the in-laws but not every Thursday night for dinner.

ANYWAYS, my take always from 4 months of living in Spokane.

- friendly (REAL) people! People give a shit here. They will have a conversation with a stranger, help someone who looks lost, take 5 minutes to write down a list of good brewery’s etc. Having lived in Seattle and Denver for 4 years each - you just don’t find this in big cities.

- affordability : beers are $4, burgers at $6. Thai food entrees are $10. No toll roads. Starter homes are low $200.

-no traffic : takes 10 min to get anywhere... ANYWHERE. Bike trails, work, gym, river, hiking trails.

- great beer (tons of local options)

- there is crime and drugs (all cities have this) and working in medicine I see my fair share of it. But this encompasses such a small part of what makes up Spokane.

Lastly it just depends on your perspective; I spend my time outside, fishing on rivers, hiking in the forest, biking in trails. All of that is 10 min from my house and some of the trails I can bike to from my house. Salaries are identical to what they are in Seattle (in Medicine) and cost of living is SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER.

My goal was to save money, live within an hour of skiing, buy a ski condo somewhere close, and have money in the travel budget to chase storms. Spo accomplishes all of that..

**whew, I rambled and I’m exhausted from lack of sleep at the job so pardon any typos**

Spokane - living there?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Lol. Yeah. I’ve been to both. Not my jam, looked miserable honestly. But hey, if it’s all extremo for you then cool. Way to metro for me. I could get used to the salt fishing though. Just figured since we were shitting on where people live.
    Bellingham too metro. Ha! That’s a first.

Spokane population 220,000 ppl.
    Bellingham population 80,000ppl
    - tallest building here is 14 stories and it’s the only one above 10 and there are 4 buildings above 6. Hahahaha
    Spokane recently disincorporated from the Valley and that knocked it down from a population of 550,000
    The SECOND largest city in the state!

Not to diss your turf tho...

Last edited by WestCoast; 10-31-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Bellingham and Bellevue both suck. I'm allowed to say that since I was born in one and lived nearby the other for 15 years.

Spokane also seems to suck. Although last time I visited it the suck was a lot lower it seemed like. Way less sketchy vagrant druggy types and more nice shops and restaurants downtown.

Personally I don't want to be in any city but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
    Bellingham too metro. Ha! That’s a first.

Spokane population 220,000 ppl.
    Bellingham population 80,000ppl
    - tallest building here is 14 stories and it’s the only one above 10 and there are 4 buildings above 6. Hahahaha
    Spokane recently disincorporated from the Valley and that knocked it down from a population of 550,000
    The SECOND largest city in the state!

Not to diss your turf tho...

Don’t live in Spokane so not my “turf”.
    You act as if you walked in on Spokane pulling a train on your girlfriend.

Ha...one man's "affordable location with real people" is another man's "shit hole". I like all the cities in Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i could see 2020
    I like the sound of that. I'm sure 2funky and mooseknuckles would be great tour guides...
    don’t know ‘bout the ham but i can see bellevue from my front porch and the only thing i see sucking is money outta folks wallets and traffic on the 405. too rich for my blood but i’d be stoked to live on lake washington’s eastern shore.
    The ham: always raining, expensive, full of marginally employed rad bros.

Bellevue: has a range rover dealership, need I say more.

Bellevue: has a range rover dealership, need I say more.
    It’s a flagship RR dealership with Bentley, Lambo attached, and Aston across the street. Yocals find it very convenient- OK

May everyone find their home to the extent that they don't have to brag about it and don't have to shit on other peoples choices.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I like the sound of that. I'm sure 2funky and mooseknuckles would be great tour guides...
    For sure. Have you skied Schweitzer? Id say it is a big step up from Mission in terms of size, snowfall, more high speed lifts (tho I like that old double), and a good bit more winch cat groomers. Sure there isnt a lot of gnar/ tight technical like you might get at Stevens, but way less crowds and more acreage. I always have a blast but then Im not a fair weather skier.

Just check the Schweitzer ski team race schedule. If they have a race scheduled it will likely rain at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    It’s a flagship RR dealership with Bentley, Lambo attached, and Aston across the street. Yocals find it very convenient- OK
    I prefer going to Tesla store at the bellevue mall. Conveniently located next to Nordstrom. One stop shop

Spokane - living there?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I prefer going to Tesla store at the bellevue mall. Conveniently located next to Nordstrom. One stop shop

No need since the Tesla show room is just down the block on Westlake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Yeah just lets not do it in March eh? I've been almost every year for the last 10 and had some damp good skiing there but also endured some pretty epic monsoons.
    When you come over this March, please leave the rain behind.
    Love,
    Inland northwest

i could see 2020
    Just don't double book with BBI Japow.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Just don't double book with BBI Japow.
    Agreed haha

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Agreed.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The ham: always raining, expensive, full of retired Bellevue baby boomers.
    FIFY

...although yours was pretty accurate as well.