Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    All the Spokanistanis better create a local resaraunt guide to assist the ravenous Sawtooth Tiger.

He needs the energy to charge all those AK spines.

Attachment 252947

https://www.metallica.com/events/event-36821.html

All the Spokanistanis better create a local resaraunt guide to assist the ravenous Sawtooth Tiger.

Oh God. I should have known metallica would show up to prove me wrong and make all those GMC superduty drivin mofos in spokane cream their jeans. Also, a restaurant guide would be quite nice...thanks

I missed the ice storm part of this thread. Sounds similar to Ice Storm 98(!!! Best read in the voice used in the TV adds for the monster truck events). Northwest VT, southern Quebec got pummeled. Our apartment in Burlington was on some sort of mainline that only lost power for about an hour plus some random flickers. There were people without power for weeks and even months in the affected areas. Three months later we drove up to Montreal and I was blown away by the mile after mile of twisted hunks of scrap that used to be the towers for the transmission lines. Spokane sounds like a larger Burlington, only Western with all that that brings. And with legal retail weed (right?).

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Spokane sounds like a larger Burlington...
    I'm sooooo over Spokane...maybe I'll start looking at Burlington!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I'm sooooo over Spokane...maybe I'll start looking at Burlington!
    ROTFLMAO

Attachment 252947

https://www.metallica.com/events/event-36821.html

Best thing about Metallica is the bassist Robert Trujillo. The only Metallica show I have been inside had Suicidal Tendencies open, and that was by far the only part of the show worth seeing or hearing. There were other Metallica shows where I hung out on the back loading dock of the library next door with my degenerate friends and caught a buzz. We could hear it better than being inside that awful gymnasium called Memorial Auditorium. In fact, we retained our hearing by not being inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawtooth Tiger View Post

The downtown area is vibrant with a local brew scene, bars, clubs etc. But it's not what you would consider a late night town. Most of the major music tours skip this area, (which is sad) so don't expect Manchester Orchestra or Metallica to show up. Think, 3 Doors Down and Tesla.
    !
    Don’t fret little buddy, Nickleback comes here on the regular. Bring one of your posters in, I bet they’ll sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawtooth Tiger View Post
    Also, a restaurant guide would be quite nice...thanks
    Not a Spookastani meth head but the following are Narth Idaho Blanco Supremacy Approved:

Zona Blanca
    Cochinito

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    We could hear it better than being inside that awful gymnasium called Memorial Auditorium. In fact, we retained our hearing by not being inside.
    TRUTH. Acoustics in that place are awful, louder does not make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Don’t fret little buddy, Nickleback comes here on the regular. Bring one of your posters in, I bet they’ll sign it.
    If his ex wife shows up...I'll be there trying to chat her up in the green room while he's busy sucking on stage.

Since we're on the topic of Spokane, what's the deal with Sandpoint? How foggy is Schweitzer?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Since we're on the topic of Spokane, what's the deal with Sandpoint? How foggy is Schweitzer?
    It’s fairly foggy. Low vis lenses are a must. I’d say it’s foggy about 35% of the time. Low clouds are common. Bluebird pow days not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Get this shit out of here. This thread is now about food joints in Spokane to make one rip AK spines, Schweitzer sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    It’s fairly foggy. Low vis lenses are a must. I’d say it’s foggy about 97% of the time. Low clouds are common. Bluebird pow days not so much.
    FIFY

It's called Schweitout just to trick you into going to Sun Valley instead.

Get this shit out of here. This thread is now about food joints in Spokane to make one rip AK spines, Schweitzer sucks!

FIFY
    Easy now, he’s easily spooked.

I grew up in Spokane, survived the ice storm, rode bikes and skied a a lot, I may know KQ (the late 90's were prolific). The town has some seriously seedy spots but the last time I was in town it was actually fun downtown and not stabby at all. Lots of lakes, good fishing and hunting too. The town looks a bit drab and kinda grey IMO. You don't walk away saying, "what a cool city!" If you tap into SE BC Rossland/Nelson etc you will be very happy. Insane MTB and BC Skiing all about 1.5-2 hours away.
    Hello darkness my old friend

i need to go ski snowghost a few more times before they make me ride 2 chairs to cover the same vert.

spokane sucks. i ate at Hogwash last weekend and would recommend a try, $$ tho.

I bought my first college McLovin fake ID in Spokane. And my second.

I grew up in Spokane. It fuckkng sucks. Especially for skiing. Unless you’re heading north into Canada, but then there’s other places that have skiing right in the backyard. Get the fuck out if you’re serious about trying to ski AK spines.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    ...If you tap into SE BC Rossland/Nelson etc you will be very happy. Insane MTB and BC Skiing all about 1.5-2 hours away.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
    I grew up in Spokane. It fuckkng sucks. Especially for skiing. Unless you’re heading north into Canada, but then there’s other places that have skiing right in the backyard. Get the fuck out if you’re serious about trying to ski AK spines.
    I started the thread b/c I saw a job that interested me in a town I thought might interest me. Clearly, the employer didn't understand how awesome I am; I'm sure whoever they hired is a giant failure who steals office supplies...but anyways...

Now I'm looking for somewhere to buy a small house, I can actually afford (<$250K...preferably <$200). It will be a vacation (and eventually retirement) home; not as concerned about employment. Town has to be smallish (preferably <200,000 (I know Spokane is a bit over, but I can make some concessions). Must have: skiing and biking nearby that has 1) vert (> 2000'); 2) plenty of snow (maybe > 300"), 3) Some touring options within a few hours, 4) mtb trail network, and 5) no one goes there. Nearby, to me, means not much more than 1hr/1:30.

The Spokane area seems to have some affordable housing and COL while still having access to amenities of small city. There seems to be an extensive mtb network nearby. Silver seems largely unattended and Schweitzer 49North are close by...there's also Mt. Spokane for after work laps. I'm happiest at janky, off-the-grid, type joints (so #5 is important)...provided they have goods off those shitty lifts. I like moguls and trees...steep is cool, but won't be dropping Corbett's anytime soon; more Al's Run than Spanky's Ladder (there's no AK spines in my future). I guess just a low key, affordable place to chill.

There are other areas I'm looking at as well, but some of the replies here have kept Spokane on the list; tell me why those posters are morons.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    5) no one goes there. ... (so #5 is important)... I like moguls ...

There are other areas I'm looking at as well, but some of the replies here have kept Spokane on the list; tell me why those posters are morons.
    Wut? Who's making these moguls? Are you an artisanal mogul maker yourself, or do you like them to be well-crafted by the weekend crowd and iced over for your enjoyment on Monday?

Those posters are morons because there's nothing to see in the inland NW. No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Wut? Who's making these moguls? Are you an artisanal mogul maker yourself, or do you like them to be well-crafted by the weekend crowd and iced over for your enjoyment on Monday?

Those posters are morons because there's nothing to see in the inland NW. No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded.
    Don't they take them out of storage at the beginning of the season?

Lived in Spokane for 3 years quite a while ago. Had an episode when it rained for 22 days straight, which was enough to drive me away. It is not a place to live if you are a skier. Red Mountain is within reach for weekends, but IMO the closer stuff is not the real deal.
    Gravity Junkie

Spokane - living there?

I think the skiing is pretty good in and around Spokane. As anywhere it’s snow dependent. Mt Spokane as great tree skiing....I bit jungly but lots of fun. 49 is super mom and pop, silver is empty w some good short steeps. Lookout pass always has snow and hitch hiking laps off the back side is sure to deliver.

Schweitzer is a drive but good snow up too...hate the long flat runout.

Weekend drives into BC are awesome. Red, whitewater and fernie all doable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

All you guys who've slammed Spokane because you spent some time here a bunch of years ago or those who claim Schweitzer is foggy all the time or that it rains all the time, etc crack me up.

Having lived here all my life, seeing the changes in Spokane, how Schweitzer, where I've skied 60 days per year for the last 30 years has grown and improved access, what improvements the other areas have made, the overall quality of life in the area, river rafting five minutes from downtown, quality mountain biking ten minutes from downtown, lakes, rivers, fishing, hunting, entertainment growth, and all else that's improved life here, I will say those who knock this area don't really know about Spokane.

But that's okay don't come back but don't portray that you know Spokane, because you really don't. If you just want to be negative for the sake of being a cool kid, we'd rather not have you around, anyway.

For those, like me, who know what they want and have been around enough to compare, this place is great. But it's not for everyone. If you want the big city life, traffic, high prices, liftlines, crowded lakes and forests, Spokane isn't for you so please, stay away.
    Last edited by GoldMember; 10-30-2018 at 11:37 PM.