Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 72
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,271

    Everything is Just Peachy!

    Man oh man it's peach season! Love me some tree ripened, sun kissed, local peaches!

    Went to my favorite local farm stand in Milton-Freewater OR today. My favorites are coming on now - Roza but I do love me some Red Havens too.... oh and Crest Haven.... and Canadian Harmony... sigh.............. going to have some with vanilla bean ice cream tonight if I can wait that long.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peaches1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	242579

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peaches2.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	957.5 KB 
ID:	242580

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peaches3.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	242581

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peaches4.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	885.4 KB 
ID:	242582

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,170
    Nice nice, love me some peach season too, all I know is here in Qc they are starting to hoc some sad looking Ontario peaches. Still too early, but cant wait. Usually mid to late August is the time
    24 06

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    19,084
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,579
    A perfectly ripe peach is the essence of summer.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    8,757
    Blow up yer TV, throw away yer paper
    Go to the country, build you a home
    Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
    Try to find Jesus on yer own

    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,271
    Yum.... big bowl of shredded wheat, sliced peaches drizzled with farm fresh honey and whole milk. Sooooooooo good!

    Cannot believe no one has said:

    Really love your peaches wanna shake your tree




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    lake level
    Posts
    1,212
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eatapeach.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	242638
    I really lack the words to compliment myself today. - Alberto Tomba

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    8,757
    Yakima peaches just showed up at our vegetable stand in Sisters.

    Could have used a few more days on the tree, but a couple of days in the pantry will help.

    Peaches and Herb - two things that go well together...on more than one level
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Fort Front Range
    Posts
    1,492
    Grilled peaches with good vanilla ice cream on top and then drizzled with PX sherry is not to be missed. Outside of peach season, ice cream with px sherry is still pretty great.
    In with the 9.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    5,084

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,824
    You fools really pay $15 for a box of 15?

    I should rent a truck and drive some out from the East Coast.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You fools really pay $15 for a box of 15?

    I should rent a truck and drive some out from the East Coast.
    Go back and look at those pictures. Didja notice how big and unblemished that box of 15 is? You can get a full box for $25 if you want smaller with some man handling. Your choice. Also you're not going to find the Canadian Harmony peach in any grocery store.

    Edward's Family Farm is a small farm run by a husband and wife in their 70s. I'd rather pay more for peaches ripened on the tree and picked moments before I buy them and support them than have your east coast peaches any day.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hell, CA pop 4
    Posts
    2,363
    Don't know where the crap at the stores usually come from, but ain't no comparison to straight from the source.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,594
    Mmmm... Palisade peaches are just starting to go off here. Combined with Olathe sweet corn it's hard to beat August in these parts.

    My preferred poison is a bowl of sliced peaches with heavy whipping cream poured over.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    12,432
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    rainier cherries were fantastic this season
    What I would give for a home made cherry or peach pie. O and don't forget Blueberry!
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    12,432
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Edward's Family Farm is a small farm run by a husband and wife in their 70s. I'd rather pay more for peaches ripened on the tree and picked moments before I buy them and support them than have your east coast peaches any day.
    Yup X2
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,271
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    What I would give for a home made cherry or peach pie. O and don't forget Blueberry!
    I really miss my mother's sour cherry pies. We had YUGE pie cherry tree in our yard that looked like a weeping willow. Never seen another tree like it in my life. As kids we could grab the ends of the dangling branches and pull them down to pick the cherries for mom. It was awesome. Mom would pit and freeze the cherries so we could have pies all winter. Oh the memories......

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,824
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Go back and look at those pictures. Didja notice how big and unblemished that box of 15 is? You can get a full box for $25 if you want smaller with some man handling. Your choice. Also you're not going to find the Canadian Harmony peach in any grocery store.

    Edward's Family Farm is a small farm run by a husband and wife in their 70s. I'd rather pay more for peaches ripened on the tree and picked moments before I buy them and support them than have your east coast peaches any day.
    Oh good lord, the EC has fruit farms too.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Oh good lord, the EC has fruit farms too.
    Who said they didn't? I said I rather support a local family than purchase fruit from the other side of the country regardless of price.

    Oh man... eating a Roza right now. Sooooooooooo good!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    2,195
    Oh fer cryin out loud people



    And, for the gahddamed record, my homestate produces 3x Ga.
    "Can't you see..."

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    5,084
    Veterans are coming along nicely; another couple of weeks til perfection.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9842.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	242831

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Veterans are coming along nicely; another couple of weeks til perfection.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9842.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	242831
    Wow, those are some sexy looking peaches you got there Flyover

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    5,084
    ^^^ Thanks; I do a lot of squats.

    Wait, what??? ;-)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    12,432
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I really miss my mother's sour cherry pies. We had YUGE pie cherry tree in our yard that looked like a weeping willow. Never seen another tree like it in my life. As kids we could grab the ends of the dangling branches and pull them down to pick the cherries for mom. It was awesome. Mom would pit and freeze the cherries so we could have pies all winter. Oh the memories......
    KQ, we must come from a similar place and time. I remember my mom and aunt having huge flats of every fruit known to Canada in the house. Thye would can them, freeze them and OMG, the pies my aunt could make. To this day I always tell her she is my favorite aunt just because of what a fantastic cook she was. Great memories for sure and a lost art I will never see again.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada eh
    Posts
    3,662
    I love a peach when it's firm and yet juicy
    I also like peaches

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •