Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Not sure they exist unfortunately. Closest thing ive found are slip on driving loafers - if you remove the insoles the drop is pretty minimal and they flex well

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    any suggestions on zero drop / minimalist shoes that i can wear to work with a suit without looking like a complete fuck head?
    Ballet flats?

Why do your work (where you need to wear a suit) shoes need this? What possible reason is there?

cus my legs are markedly fresher when i can wear tennis shoes to work than dress shoes or boots. so if i can wear minimalist tennis shoes that look like boots or dress things are better. kinda straightforward...

Minimalist Sandals/Shoes for Running or Hiking

Vivobarefoot has a few handcut/handstitch leather dress shoes. I’ve never seen them in the fresh. they look fancy in photos.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 10-24-2019 at 08:18 PM.

cus my legs are markedly fresher when i can wear tennis shoes to work than dress shoes or boots. so if i can wear minimalist tennis shoes that look like boots or dress things are better. kinda straightforward...
    Ok. Still seems a little odd to me, but then my running shoes (much less work shoes) are not zero drop or minimalist.

FWIW, the most comfortable shoes I regularly wear to work (where I don't need to wear a suit or tie, or even tuck in my shirt, but can't wear tennis/running/hiking shoes) are Clark's Desert Boots. Things are like freaking slippers (are not zero-drop or minimalist, but the soles are nice and soft). AFAIK they don't make me look like a complete fuck head.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Ballet flats?

Why do your work (where you need to wear a suit) shoes need this? What possible reason is there?

The business world is a jungle! Strike the fear of sruffian into their hearts!!

Name:  Venum.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  6.7 KB
    https://www.venum.com/venum-elite-bo...ack-black.html

Name:  Pro Mex.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  10.0 KB
    https://www.titleboxing.com/pro-mex-...yABEgIv-vD_BwE

Or if you're into the whole Bruce Lee, Kung Fu, Tai Chi, thing,

Name:  Tai Chi.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  4.4 KB
    https://www.icnbuys.com/genuine-leat...art-black.html

Name:  Deluxe Kung Fu.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  5.8 KB
    https://www.karatemart.com/deluxe-kung-fu-shoes?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq_-k05K25QIVx0XVCh0KRguHEAQYAyABEgKX1vD_BwE

Come to think of it, I did see the American Ballet Theatre once, but more of a Bob Fosse fan.

ballet slippers it is. just gotta find the red ones in 140 flex

Out of curiosity, have any of the barefoot enthusiasts been in putting in consistent, high barefoot milage over the last year since the thread had been started?
    I'm curious to see how many stuck with it...

I have been a runner for more than 50 years. I've been though all the evolution in running shoe technology. My first racing flats and spikes were both Onitsuka Tigers (now Asics). They were minimal and extremely light. Then Nike came about and shoes started to get higher arch supports and taller heels. I kept running in Asics and was able to find fairly minimal shoes in their line that were shaped exactly like my feet. Eventually, I couldn't find the shoes that worked for me for a longtime, the Epirus if I recall. I started trying different brands with varied luck. All of them for a while had too much heel to toe drop as I had grown up on the track and was a practiced forefoot runner. I found the taller heel altered my form and encouraged me to heel strike. And this led to more knee pain that eventually found its way up into my hips and back. LaSportiva became my shoe of choice and I started running ultras, eventually giving that up after a torn peroneal tendon from a slip on a snow-covered mud pile that I thought was a rock. I did complete the inaugrual Bear Chase and then didn't run again for two years with achilles tendonitis. Too much drop was causing aggravation and when I started running again I tried Hokas. All that squish felt great at first. And my first pair lasted over 600 miles. I bought another pair and got about the same mileage out of those before I started realizing that the squish was transferring movement from my foot to my knee and it was then I finally came back to minimal.

I started by going for a short barefoot jog of no more than 1.5 miles once a week and slowly built up to being able to go 3-4 miles barefoot on pavement with no problems. I tried Five Fingers on many times but could never get a fit as my feet are different sizes and I couldn't get a pair where both of them fit. The shoes I'm in now, Merrill Trail Glove 4, don't feel real great walking, but they disappear when I start running. I am still trying to rebuild my ability to run so I'm going at what measures out as a 10 minute mile pace with a cadence of 192 steps per minute. I really shouldn't be interested at my age in going any faster than that in any case.

After a hip problem last year I thought I was finished. But my PT got in there and broke up some adhesions and I have been running pain free again for a couple of months. I'm not running back to back days and I'm just doing the same 5-mile course every time out so I can check my pace and slow down if I think I'm pushing it too hard. The Trail Gloves are working perfectly and I finish my runs with zero pain every time. I hope I'm good now but I've been at this long enough to know that the next injury could be just around the corner. And if anything interferes with my ability to ski, it has to go. I love running trails but the trails around here are super steep and rocky, so I'm sticking to the grass along the river bike path, which is pretty flat. I just don't want to get hurt again by overdoing it, but recognize that is the story of my life.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

buy nice dress shoes. It makes a difference. There are those dumb oxfords on sneaker sole options.
    Last edited by XavierD; 10-25-2019 at 09:45 AM.

These will get you that promotion for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by maximusj View Post
    These will get you that promotion for sure.
    Forever unclean.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don't see the problem as long as your belt matches.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--