Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: KINGPIN RECALL

So my wife’s kingpins have the old marker logo on the toe, no serial number on the heel and it looks like the pins are swedged in both outer and inner surfaces.

Should be good to go right?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Just got a pair with new toe pieces, hope they’re from a good batch!

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    So my wife’s kingpins have the old marker logo on the toe, no serial number on the heel and it looks like the pins are swedged in both outer and inner surfaces........
    If there's no serial number then that's a mismatched set. The number will only be on the back of one of the heel dildo's and is pretty feint so hard to spot.

my buddy Geoff the bear, a big guy who destroyed 5 kingpins last year has not broken any more kingpins this year, also the other local guys who broke Kingpins last year have not broke any kingpins this year all of which is a good sign

So I was in a shop out east where there were 2 shoe boxes with "Kingpin" and "warranty king pin" written on the side in felt pen so of course I had to look, some new toes pieces in one box, the other box had 1 broken and one warrantied ... funny how different things can be

I understand shearing pins but i still don't understand how the heelpieces broke
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I sheered the toe pin off of a pair of kinpins that were purchased used on skis. Happened last week while skinning. They do NOT fall into the warranty batches of bindings. Between covid fun w shops, marker pushing me to go through dealers, and the fact that i'm ultimately gonna have to provide proof of purchase that I don't have, i'm thinking about just mounting a different toe and using the kingpin heels.

Has anyone had success mounting a different toe and using the heels? Anything specific to avoid / use / look out for?

The heels are garbage too and can also spontaneously detonate. I have nothing other to contribute.

Take the hit and fit some Shifts/Tectons.

Sorry bud. No point throwing good money after bad