Big Sky and Jackson Hole beta needed

I’ll be in Big Sky this weekend staying on the moonlight side before moving onto JH area. I will be staying North if town in Wyoming.

I’m looking for fun and/epic cross country rides. Non technical to mildly technical. I like fast flowy trails , bonus for aspen forest single track.

Sounds like the only trail north of Jackson is Shadow Mtn? Heard there are good trails in the cache creek / snow king area and obviously the pass? Any must do trails?

Same questions on big sky area - maybe shorter loops I can do with my 10 year old and also more of an epic ride ?

Thx !!

Just came back, the XC stuff at Targhee is fantastic, you can do endless miles up there. The IMBA loop was really great. Horseshoe Canyon has bike only trails that were great but would not recommend on a hot sunny day, some exposure there. Easy drive down from W. Yellowstone to Driggs, then over to Jackson.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Mile to Sheep cr in the Lionhead is awesome.

First or 2nd yellow mule is fun.

Planning to ride anything near Bozeman?

Thanks for the feedback - I’ll check those out - since I’m traveling with the family I’m hoping to drive or travel as little as possible to save time

If you're north of Jackson it will still be worth your time to ride Arrow to Phillips Ridge on Teton Pass. You can park at Phillips and hitch up from the Coach when you've ridden back into Wilson from Fish Creek Road, or park at the Coach and ride bike path to old pass road to singletrack to Phillips. Or park at Phillips and ride down Phillips Canyon, back up Phillips Ridge, or....

Wasn't there just a thread asking much the same question?

I will be North of Moose closer to Moran and the park. I did see the Teton pass targhee thread and will check out your recommendation above - thx

If I ride up from the coach - what’s that ride like as far as vert and distance ?

It's 2800 vert, (a little less if you go down Phillips Canyon) ~20 miles. About 7 miles of road. (All stats from the hip!)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Phillips resources:

https://mountainbiketetons.org/regio...hillips-ridge/

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/phillips-ridge/

And the Snow King trails are GREAT as well. My favorite is Ferrins to Skyline to W Game, but I am sure Rideit will have an opinion on that one, haha.

West is a ...sporty...climb!

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    If I ride up from the coach - what’s that ride like as far as vert and distance ?
    Make sure you go on the abandoned road that's closed to traffic, not the actual highway pass nearby, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's 2800 vert, (a little less if you go down Phillips Canyon) ~20 miles. About 7 miles of road. (All stats from the hip!)
    phillips canyon is SOOOO much more fun than phillips ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    phillips canyon is SOOOO much more fun than phillips ridge.
    FULLY Agree.

Awesome - thx - just arrived in big sky - using trail forks app as well