Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    Not of the brown variety, but ugly as it gets..considering this model for the brakes/di2, but cant get past the ug on this thing.

Attachment 242541
    Cannondale is competing with themselves in ugly!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-D Aero.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	242552
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

POO colored frames, your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    The new 29 version? I rode one for a couple hours the other day; it belongs in the "greatest bikes of all time" category. 170/160 and only ~30#...pedals as good as any 130 bike I've ridden. If terrain here was a bit more legit, I'd buy that bike for all day rides!!!!
    Yeah I got one. Haven’t ridden it yet. Fork was spewing oil out of the box so I’m waiting for the replacement. Can’t wait. Seems to be working for Masters in the EWS.

I hated the tan Nomad when I first saw it but I’ve actually warmed up to it. Seems to look better in person. Firebird looks better though.
    Last edited by beaterdit; 07-27-2018 at 07:02 PM.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I wasn't a huge fan of the tan nomad or the blue but ended up with blue mostly because I couldn't handle the tan. And it didn't match my tundra...j/k.

Hate hate hate the turd brown. Especially Toyota’s version

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I wish my poop were the color of my frame.
    That would be fun.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I ate a huge beet appetizer a while back, and my poo was the color of my wife’s bike.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Cove Shocker did a team color in Shit Brown. My buddy broke the front triangle on his Shit Brown so Cove replaced it with a pink front triangle. So he had a pink up front and stink in the rear Shocker. I can’t make this up.
    Possibly JC? Sounds like something he’d do. Both break an overbuilt frame and create a pink and stink

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 1.26.32 PM.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	389.3 KB 
ID:	242631
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I wish my poop were the color of my frame.
    That would be fun.
    If you eat a whole case of gumballs in one sitting, its possible.

Trust me.

Name:  dubble-bubble-gumballs-machine-size-refills-20oz-800x800-800x800.png
Views: 223
Size:  476.0 KB
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Yeah I got one. Haven’t ridden it yet. Fork was spewing oil out of the box so I’m waiting for the replacement. Can’t wait. Seems to be working for Masters in the EWS.

I hated the tan Nomad when I first saw it but I’ve actually warmed up to it. Seems to look better in person. Firebird looks better though.
    The new Firebird is so rad.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    The new 29 version? I rode one for a couple hours the other day; it belongs in the "greatest bikes of all time" category. 170/160 and only ~30#...pedals as good as any 130 bike I've ridden. If terrain here was a bit more legit, I'd buy that bike for all day rides!!!!
    I agree. I demoed a Firebird 29 the other day and it is a sweet bike.
    Last edited by Kopi_Red; 07-29-2018 at 06:48 PM.

I demoed a Firebird 27.5 back east...I really didn't like it.
    Too freakin' long for me...but I am built like a t-Rex.
    The long/low thing has gotten too long for most bikes to be playful (for me).
    I hope they crushed it with the 29 tho

The 2018 and 2019 Kona process 153 27 design is super long and low, but feels very “playful”. The 29 process 153 for some reason is not nearly as nimble or intuitive, but is still a great bike. I really liked the feel of the 27.5 version, it felt really similar to my Commencal Meta SX, just bigger. The SX was a crazy fun bike. Then I rode the big wheel Transitions, and liked both of them more, but they werent as playful as the kona 27.5s.

The Transition 29ers are super nimble, without being twitchy at all. Idk if it’s the whole SBG thing, or shorter rear travel with slack geo, or what, but they have created beastly bikes, that are also extremely easy to pop around and change lines on slower trails. They corner confidently, and jump/wheelie amazingly.. and punch above their weight class. Smugglers pedal like any 120mm bike should, but then the geometry is designed for serious stability. The Sentinel at 140mm in the rear feels faster than my old 2014 160mm 26 Meta SX, but then pedals like a trail bike should.

The only downfall is weight with the aluminum transition frames, but the alloy is overbuilt and super stiff, and behaves almost exactly like the carbon frame just with 2 extra lbs. The aluminum and carbon process 153s didnt feel as “similar”. The aluminum didnt feel as stiff as the carbon, but was still overbuilt and very durable looking. The konas might be good for those looking for a small amount of flex in the frame, but are still fairly stiff. The transitions are the stiffest bikes I have ever ridden, and I like that in a full squish.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I demoed a Firebird 27.5 back east...I really didn't like it.
    Too freakin' long for me...but I am built like a t-Rex.
    The long/low thing has gotten too long for most bikes to be playful (for me).
    I hope they crushed it with the 29 tho

That’s a common complaint with the 27.5 Firebird. I imagine it’s especially noticeable on eastern trails. The new one is huge too but they’ve tweaked the size ranges. At 5’7” I’m generally on the short end of medium or at least in the overlap. Sizing on the new Bird puts me squarely in small, which goes up to 5’9”, while med starts at 5’8”. Kinda freaky to buy a small but it’s just slightly longer in reach and wheelbase than my medium Tracer, with the same stack, and shorter stays!

All that said, Reid-Hresko loves his 27 Bird in Squamish and the rest of the Sea to Sky. Steep, tight, and tech like you’ve never seen unless you’ve been, which I think you have. He OWNS all those trails on that bike. Then again, he can prolly ride any bike that well.

Never the less, they say the new one’s more nimble than the 27. I’ll be impressed if Keven pulled that off but not exactly surprised. Pivot is killing it lately. I can’t fuckin wait to ride the thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    ...Idk if it’s the whole SBG thing, or shorter rear travel with slack geo, or what...,
    Could be. I felt similarly about the FB29...and it uses a 44 offset fork.

I will say, I demo'd a shit ton of bikes trying to find a unicorn. The only bike that clearly outshined the FB29 climbing was the Yeti 4.5c. I would say the FB climbed as good as, if not better than, the Smuggler. And the new Stupjumper was a dog....it was like they took every aspect of the Smuggler and thought, there's a Horst-link bike...let's see if we can copy that, but make everything worse...but put in SWAT to make it marketable.

What I really learned is: when is the new 4.5 (or SB120) or the new Pivot Switchblade coming out???...b/c those two are probably exactly what I need...always chasing the unicorn!!!!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I'd like to see a longer travel Switchblade, like 145 or so? Or keep it where it is and give us a Mach 6 29 at 150? Something like that.

The FB29 is my unicorn though!

That’s a common complaint with the 27.5 Firebird. I imagine it’s especially noticeable on eastern trails. !
    Granted, climbing and descending chunder/straight line was amazeballs.

If I had 5k, The FB29 would be on the top of my list, just in front of the Orbea Rallon.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    The 2018 and 2019 Kona process 153 27 design is super long and low, but feels very “playful”. The 29 process 153 for some reason is not nearly as nimble or intuitive, but is still a great bike. I really liked the feel of the 27.5 version, it felt really similar to my Commencal Meta SX, just bigger. The SX was a crazy fun bike. Then I rode the big wheel Transitions, and liked both of them more, but they werent as playful as the kona 27.5s.

The Transition 29ers are super nimble, without being twitchy at all. Idk if it’s the whole SBG thing, or shorter rear travel with slack geo, or what, but they have created beastly bikes, that are also extremely easy to pop around and change lines on slower trails. They corner confidently, and jump/wheelie amazingly.. and punch above their weight class. Smugglers pedal like any 120mm bike should, but then the geometry is designed for serious stability. The Sentinel at 140mm in the rear feels faster than my old 2014 160mm 26 Meta SX, but then pedals like a trail bike should.

The only downfall is weight with the aluminum transition frames, but the alloy is overbuilt and super stiff, and behaves almost exactly like the carbon frame just with 2 extra lbs. The aluminum and carbon process 153s didnt feel as “similar”. The aluminum didnt feel as stiff as the carbon, but was still overbuilt and very durable looking. The konas might be good for those looking for a small amount of flex in the frame, but are still fairly stiff. The transitions are the stiffest bikes I have ever ridden, and I like that in a full squish.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    You should ride an SBG Patrol. I thought it was waaaaaay more playful than the Process, and just as stable.

Never the less, they say the new one’s more nimble than the 27. !
    Interesting tidbit, I demo'd the 19' Rocky Instinct (LT 29-er) and found it to be MUCH easier to wheelie, manual/etc than the Altitude. (27.5, actually shorter reach by 1mm)
    Kind of gave me buyer's remorse.
    Last edited by rideit; 07-30-2018 at 05:19 PM.

I rode the new Patrol, but just messing around on flats since they didnt have the right size. I want to try a Large Patrol and compare it to the Kona 153 27.5. I really like the Kona 27.5 for some reason. It felt like I’ve owned the bike for years, when it was my first time on it.

I instantly clicked with the SBG 29ers, and havent felt that about other big wheeled bikes.. I bought the Sentinel NX, and it is amazing, even with the basic delux shock and yari. Best short travel bike I have ever ridden. The transitions with basic shocks used them better than the Konas with basic shocks. Kind of like how Giants Maestro system can still work pretty well with basic, cheaper shocks.

I really enjoyed the smuggler too. What I came out of the experience with, is that all these new bikes are phenomenal. Each just has their own personality, and you need to find which one you match up with.

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 07-30-2018 at 05:55 PM.