Gunn fired from Disney

Liked his work on Guardians of the Galaxy, but yeah dude, Twitter less and don't say pedophile shit online. If you are one, seek help, if you are not, joke isn't funny
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

#WooleyPleaseSeekHelp

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    #WooleyPleaseSeekHelp
    fyi, it was a bunch of conservatives who dug this up and publicized it. From the commies at reason
    https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/20/j...red-twitter-pc

Ben Shapiro has a good piece on this https://www.dailywire.com/news/33371...mpression=true

Gunn fired from Disney

Yep, this was an outrage pr move by conservative right. Cruz was whining about it more today. Takes about two seconds to find this whole thing was misrepresented and blown out of proportion, but most people will settle for outrage

They have now moved on to Whoopi....

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    They have now moved on to Whoopi....
    it's like they don't really give a shit about free speech, it's just a tool in the "battle".

^exactly. I hate to agree with Shapiro but I think he has a great point in the piece I posted above.

Tit for tat all day long 24/7/365

The Twitter mob's really getting out of control these days. I find it annoying how quick companies are to oust people based on all the faux "outrage" by the e-Mob. How come they rarely ever come to the defense of some of their best assets? My theory in regard to Gunn is that after two MASSIVELY successful films in the franchise, the costs of using him went up. Being the giant mega corporation that Disney has become, it's probably way less about the morality they're pretending to have all of a sudden, and far more about reducing expenditures to increase profits. Now that they know the formulas for making highly profitable Marvel, Star Wars, etc. movies, I have a feeling that highly paid directors are about to start becoming a bit more...'expendable' within the industry.

Personally, while I may not agree with Gunn's politics, I find the hasty firing of him to be shameful. WTF, Disney? The jokes may have been in severely poor taste, BUT (A) they were like a decade ago...people change, and (B) no need to treat him like freaking Harvey Weinstein.

The takeaway that ALL celebrities, politicians, and corporate big wigs need to take these days is to stay far, far away from social media. Yet they never seem to learn.

What if all these "ousted" actors, directors and producers moved to Europe and made movies. I bet they could make some excellent movies.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    The Twitter mob's really getting out of control these days. I find it annoying how quick companies are to oust people based on all the faux "outrage" by the e-Mob. How come they rarely ever come to the defense of some of their best assets? My theory in regard to Gunn is that after two MASSIVELY successful films in the franchise, the costs of using him went up. Being the giant mega corporation that Disney has become, it's probably way less about the morality they're pretending to have all of a sudden, and far more about reducing expenditures to increase profits. Now that they know the formulas for making highly profitable Marvel, Star Wars, etc. movies, I have a feeling that highly paid directors are about to start becoming a bit more...'expendable' within the industry.
    disney's only competition for mega-pictures is disney. they own mega-boxoffice right now, and are going over the top direct to the consumer because that's the only way they can expand. in that environment it's about risk aversion

they don't "learn" about social media because it's a powerful tool that builds a loyal base < cough > tesla, trump

Twitter mob is beyond dumb. I started a right wing parody channel a few months back- I have done nothing but retweet with comment. Right now I have 34k followers and I'm gaining hundreds every time I'm active. Things like "vote republican, it's easier than thinking"

Talking

Letter from the cast of GOTG asking for Gunn to be re-hired that is making the rounds online

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/...-support-cast/

The only thing missing is the cast saying they won't do the third film without Gunn!
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en