Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sure just Jack off on some fibre glass cloth once it dries call er good eh

I would also take some ski straps in case it breaks
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sorry for the delay.

Did a re/re of the yellow tlt 5, 6 or 7 buckle I have kickin' around.

When not under tension, the buckle knob slid into the hole but once normal buckling action was performed, it shortened the reach and did not fit. Didn't experiment any further to see if some extra spacer material wedged into the loose play areas could mitigate the issue though. Also, I suspect it was a high wear buckle so probably had more fore/aft component wear/play than a new unit would exhibit.

Could potentially see it working if you redrilled the attachment holes in rear cuff a few mm's rearward? Bigger project and could potentially require some reinforcement of that area to bolster weakened 'swiss cheesed' buckle mounting area?

Name:  P1110414.JPG
Views: 376
Size:  137.9 KB

Name:  P1110415.JPG
Views: 421
Size:  175.9 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Sorry for the delay.

Did a re/re of the yellow tlt 5, 6 or 7 buckle I have kickin' around.

When not under tension, the buckle knob slid into the hole but once normal buckling action was performed, it shortened the reach and did not fit. Didn't experiment any further to see if some extra spacer material wedged into the loose play areas could mitigate the issue though. Also, I suspect it was a high wear buckle so probably had more fore/aft component wear/play than a new unit would exhibit.

Could potentially see it working if you redrilled the attachment holes in rear cuff a few mm's rearward? Bigger project and could potentially require some reinforcement of that area to bolster weakened 'swiss cheesed' buckle mounting area?

Name:  P1110414.JPG
Views: 376
Size:  137.9 KB

Name:  P1110415.JPG
Views: 421
Size:  175.9 KB

Really appreciate the tests. Major bummer that this didn't work. Looks like my boots are toast then.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Really appreciate the tests. Major bummer that this didn't work. Looks like my boots are toast then.
    Hey, I wouldn't necessarily throw out the baby with the bathwater just yet. Thought about it a bit more...maybe an effective mod would be redrill holes over a few mm's, then fill existing holes with a bit of fiberglass, sand/grind it smooth. Forgot, you're in Vulcans and that carbon in the cuff is is pretty tough stuff based my my experience drilling holes and cutting pieces off...so maybe just a bit of fiberglass is all you need?
    Master of mediocrity.

Bump, anyone have any ideas or seen any online lately. I really really don't want to throw out a perfectly good pair of boots because of a buckle. I found a very worn 27.5 version that I was going to take a buckle from but them those are now useless and they fit my wife perfectly. Anyone know a shop in Co that might do custom work to get something working??

Hole in boot cuff, hole in rear spine, length of thro, length of cable so that looks to me like at least 4 things that have to be perfect

Keep trying to source a new buckle or look for a well used pair of mercury/vulcan and rob a buckle
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Anyone have either a spare right cuff buckle or some idea for a fix? The cable/wire on the right cuff buckle of my much loved Dynafit One has frayed. On the verge of failing, it is currently being held together by duct tape. The kind and helpful folks at Skimo suggest I need to replace the entire buckle, and I need to use the right cuff buckle from a Vulcan or the One, but the part is no longer available. Close inspection looks like the cable threads into place so easiest would be to find a replacement cable if it does thread, but if not a replacement buckle.

Thanks Koot. Called and they were uncertain if they had the part, and at their request sent a photo. Will let you know and will be carrying extra straps next time I ski.

eBay has a set of Mercury’s at .99c right now that you may harvest parts from.

Update. Thanks to the donation by Enginerd of an old pair of Mercury's, replaced the broken buckle. Name:  IMG_3413.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  54.6 KBName:  IMG_3412.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  56.4 KBName:  IMG_3415.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  53.1 KB
    Grinded off the old buckle and donated buckle easily riveted on. Walk/ski mode is a perfect fit.