Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What bike now?

3 seasons, but you don't care about the latest tech?
    I built my bike in 2013!!!
    Do I need a want a new bike? Yes.
    Do I need a new bike?
    Nnnn...yes
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

What bike now?

Oh man. No way.

I’m selling a 170mm Scott Voltage FR. For anyone man enough to pedal this beast uphill. 2015 frame, green, Large. Custom, 2017 Fox 36 PE, 2017 Fox Float X2(safe, a non recall one), zee drivetrain, xt brakes. Synchros cockpit and wheels. Pretty darn minty fresh, only ridden about 10 times or so.

Pedals much better than my glory, but you still need to be in tremendous shape. Which I am not.. it can handle all the downhill stuff at northstar too. Fun bike, really nimble and capable. I just need to pay for BBI.

Shameless plug. Gonna make a thread soon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 07-20-2018 at 11:59 PM.

I rode a Pivot Firebird (29") & Mach 5.5 (27.5") on the weekend, the Firebird was fast AF the 5.5 was fast and playful. Nice bikes but fuck me they're expensive. I don't think I'm up for $9000cad for a bike, that's fucking ridiculous.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I rode a Pivot Firebird (29") & Mach 5.5 (27.5") on the weekend, the Firebird was fast AF the 5.5 was fast and playful. Nice bikes but fuck me they're expensive. I don't think I'm up for $9000cad for a bike, that's fucking ridiculous.
    It is ridiculous. Just wait a few months and buy a lightly used one off Pinkbike for 40% off. You can find the 27.5 Firebird for $5500 CAD.

Agree, all the new Pivots are quite pricey. You do get an amazing product with amazing engineering though. The 5.5 should be coming down in price by next year. The 27.5 Firebird is a sweet ride but a totally different animal than the new one.

Beav have you tried a Switchblade? The model’s due for a freshening up and prices have come down on them. Awesome bike by all accounts.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Being European, I don't even know if Canyon ship to the US, but if they do you should check out the new Spectral.

I had the old Spectral Ex for 3 season until it got stolen this summer. Upgraded to the Strive due to delivery times, but the new Spectral looks great.

Really like my old one, versatile geometry, good specs for the price. Several friends ride the Strive, and neither of us has had any problems with the bikes themselves

Canyon is in the US now. I almost went Spectral over my new Sentinel. The things look amazing and get great reviews.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Canyon is in the US now. I almost went Spectral over my new Sentinel. The things look amazing and get great reviews.
    I've got some time on the new Spectral (one break-in ride, two big rides) and so far I'm very impressed. It pedals well, it is super playful and smooth, and it's as much fun as any bike I've ridden in the last few years. Seems like a pretty high-quality build (I've got one of the 9.0 versions) from what I've seen so far.