Page 73 of 197 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 4901
    At the 7 minute mark. Kid is throwing it around like it’s a ti hardtail. The 2 bikes after his riding segment look very nice as well

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Only upper body workout I get with mine is loading it on the hitch rack.
    Full 5-6 min downhills and the only thing I’m still adapting to is the long wheelbase and wagon wheels. Weight does not come up when riding nearly as much as fun times.
    I'm fine with tossing it around on downhills but it's so rocky and technical around here that I'm always muscling the bike through stuff. I'm also riding a hardtail so it's not quite the point and shoot kind of riding that a big squishy bike is. I'm waiting on a bigger and badder fork so that will change the game up. Going from 100 to 150mm travel and slacking out the front end ought to change things for the better.

Oh, hitch rack was mentioned... Swagman just started shipping their new rack a few days ago. I got my sample yesterday so will have it together and on the car this morning. It's a 2 bike frame holder so it will work with bikes with fenders. It holds 2 60 pound bikes, folds both ways and retails for ~$400 (US). The name is the Current so you can check it out at swagman.net

Pic of rack mentioned above Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190713_183707.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	288486

Want to know a great way to increase the range on your bike? Swap to much lighter wheels. After blowing up this wheel last week I put some carbon hooped 51mm (external) with 3" meaty buggers and dropped ~2# per wheel. After the first mile I checked my range and it was 10 miles longer than it usually is at that exact same spot. After a fast 5 mile ride with about 800 feet of climbing it was 12 miles more than usual. I still had just about 50 miles left and I spent a pretty fair bit of time in boost mode because it was freakin' HOT and humid out, usually I'd be at ~38 after that. 150mm fork goes on in 2 days

Tried one finally at the devinci demo today. Super fun. Weight wasnt much of a factor. Climbed mostly in eco and used trail and boost a bit when the road got steep. The guide t brakes werent great. It needs proper brakes and big rotors. Could move it around fine and it was a good jumper. On the fence with 2.8 tires. Probably change those. A few little changes(tires, brakes, stem ,bars) and could be a bit slacker head angle but all thats easily solved. Super plush though with 180 fork and 170 rear coil.
    Demos could get expensive. Tried the top spec 29r spartan as well. Almost as stoked on that. I had never tried a 9r and it was more playful than id imagined. Rocket ship. I want one of those too. Maybe a mixer/mullet bike on both an enduro and eeber

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Tried one finally at the devinci demo today. Super fun. Weight wasnt much of a factor. Climbed mostly in eco and used trail and boost a bit when the road got steep. The guide t brakes werent great. It needs proper brakes and big rotors. Could move it around fine and it was a good jumper. On the fence with 2.8 tires. Probably change those. A few little changes(tires, brakes, stem ,bars) and could be a bit slacker head angle but all thats easily solved. Super plush though with 180 fork and 170 rear coil.
    Demos could get expensive. Tried the top spec 29r spartan as well. Almost as stoked on that. I had never tried a 9r and it was more playful than id imagined. Rocket ship. I want one of those too. Maybe a mixer/mullet bike on both an enduro and eeber

Hard to believe that an e bike would have anything Jess than 4 piston 203 rotor brakes

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Anything less not jesss

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Hard to believe that an e bike would have anything Jess than 4 piston 203 rotor brakes

Ya guides are shit even with 200 rotors. I think they said next years bikes have brake upgrades. I see galleries have 220 and even 240 rotors now. My saints with 200mm rotors would be enough. If I run a 29 front wheel I’d probably try a 220 rotor up front. All in all the bike was better than I thought it’d be. See what the price on it this week

My e bike has Magura 4 piston brakes mt7 i think, and I'm blown away by how good they are.
    Powerful and easy to modulate

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    My e bike has Magura 4 piston brakes mt7 i think, and I'm blown away by how good they are.
    Powerful and easy to modulate

I hear good things. I like their lever options too. Bit pricey though. I’ll keep an eye out for them but realistically I’ll be getting the cheap 4 piston shimano and try a bigger front rotor. Cheap aftermarket pads are readily available. I’ve been happy with nukeproof for shimano but they probably make them for magura.

https://www.trickstuff-shop.de/Brakes/MAXIMA

Apparently these are the shit, even their pads make a big difference. They make pads for most major brands brakes.Heard a lot of riders at Andorra where bugging the athertons for brake pads. What’s 1100€ in Canadian pesos. Must be pennies I’m sure

Next years long travel options are looking tight

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	92560A0F-BC4E-4DCC-B73F-F608940AC4E3.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	276.9 KB 
ID:	288585

Name:	BCBD862D-C464-4576-8ADF-278491704748.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	645.1 KB 
ID:	288586

Name:	2A299579-AC07-4109-9E2A-F889C563F734.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	330.6 KB 
ID:	288587

Name:	09FD6553-D2A8-4486-A938-864CA0E75181.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	629.1 KB 
ID:	288588

I think the new specialized kenevo is released tomorrow and new devinci soon. Who knows what Kona has in store(all I heard was shimano motor)

Shit is getting real
    27 lbs road rockets! Power extenders and whatnot.
    Future so Bright
    https://apple.news/AScmKnW76TcieijQ8If7-zg
    crab in my shoe mouth

$9196.35 for that Mondraker! The bikes direct Hal is looking like a deal.

Edit to add $14k for the Spec???? Fucking Hell
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

It will trickle down, five years from now, they will be much more affordable. And I will buy one or two!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Im seeing deals on this years bikes as next years are announced. 5200cad for entry level levo, 5500 kenevo and commencal still has old stock on sale. Last year thry had low prices for black friday sale(4000cad for a good specced bike). Going tp see what the deal is on the devinci ac later this week. Not a bad pricepoint to begin with , do we'll see/fingers crossed

Electric Bike Thread

Mrs jm2e is running Trickstuff pads on the Saints on her trail bike. She likes them better than Shimano pads, but not way better. Pricing to North America doesn’t make sense unless you order enough to dilute the shipping cost. I bought 4 pr direct from Germany for $125 shipped.

I’ll probably put some on her Levo when the original pads burn up. Because she gets the nice things.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

All these bikes lookin so badass. But these little fuckers are highly functional.

https://www.joulvert.com

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It will trickle down, five years from now, they will be much more affordable. And I will buy one or two!
    You don't want to wait that long

Dang!

Those new year bikes bee looking good except for those priceys.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Dang!

Sell a ligament or something They're so much fun they're worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Mrs jm2e is running Trickstuff pads on the Saints on her trail bike. She likes them better than Shimano pads, but not way better. Pricing to North America doesn’t make sense unless you order enough to dilute the shipping cost. I bought 4 pr direct from Germany for $125 shipped.

I’ll probably put some on her Levo when the original pads burn up. Because she gets the nice things.

Smart man. Happy wife.... they’re a bit pricey but not totally unreasonable. Trying to convince myself that the directissmo’s would be a good purchase. You know, for safety and shit
    Name:  CD147514-736F-40FC-9395-8283F774D1E1.jpeg
Views: 321
Size:  194.1 KB

Dang!

3825usd if you can hop the border wall, or tunnel
    https://www.commencalcanada.com/meta...in-c2x26747400
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Sell a ligament or something They're so much fun they're worth it.
    ^^this! All day. They are the fun machine without doubt. Scrambling to get some scratch before the Gondi opens on the 26th

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Smart man. Happy wife.... they’re a bit pricey but not totally unreasonable.
    Haha. Only pads!! She breaks way too much stuff to think about $900 brakeset! Especially when I can get a complete F/R Saint brakeset from the Eurozone for $300.

I need to get out on the Ebike I got. After next week i will have a lot more time to do so. Hoping to get in morning rides as this hawtasballs weather is killing me.

I do keep looking back at the C website at a 2018 27.5 ride. Its my size and lower in price. Might grab it if things align correctly.
    watch out for snakes

I need to get out on the Ebike I got. After next week i will have a lot more time to do so. Hoping to get in morning rides as this hawtasballs weather is killing me.

I do keep looking back at the C website at a 2018 27.5 ride. Its my size and lower in price. Might grab it if things align correctly.
    Im still sore i didnt jump on that when they had my size for the black friday sale for 4000cad

Hot as ballz days? Ebike FTMFW. We're riding a lot on days we probably just wouldn't have gone out on the trail bikes. Or at least, we're a lot less miserable!