Page 146 of 197 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4901
    Santa Cruz Bullit
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Too pricey. Nice though

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Shop bro is bringing one tonight and unless I really hate it for any reason I will keep it ... Lavender is the new Turquoise

The boss took the carbon wild to ride.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Shop bro is bringing one tonight and unless I really hate it for any reason I will keep it ... Lavender is the new Turquoise
    I doubt youll hate it. I like everything about it except the price but i dont really have the lux of stretching the wallet that far. If i did itd be a consideration. Hard to lose much on any of them if for some reasin you dont like it. Resale pricing has jumped big time this past year. If all prices were equal itd be a top pick, for me.
    I like mullet, extra travel, extra burl on the tires, higher rise bars and a touch wider and slack angles for emtb. Sort of a moto trials mash up with a dh bike. With the motor that makes them a great xc/alpine bike and that mototrials/dh set up rips or keeps your shit together when you come to the downs or tech. Climbing isnt your traditional seat jacked looking for leg extension when you have trail or boost mode. Seat down 2 or 3 inches for most climbs enjoying the ride rather than steep seat angle legs extended winch climbing mode just trying to turn over the cranks. Steep emtb climbs its boost mode with the seat slammed with the ass way back for traction hovering above the slammed seat with elbows auper bent and head just above the stem to keep the front down. Complete body weight low and balancing rear wheel traction and front end down. Thats why i prefer the seat angle not quite as steep as these 77/78 degree enduro bikes. 75/76 is still steepish but its better moving the bike around being back a bit rather than too far over the front. More play less winch. Move the seat down a couple inches it effectively steepens tge seat angle anyways. Totally different then what we did in the past. Think moto trials. Those guys have a touch wider bar for that slow tech balance but the rise is still substantial. Standing on climbs but knees and arms super bent. Totally gave me a new trail system. I keep looking for new "problems"(like climbing problems) to work on and im linking trails based on "problems" i have dialed and "problems" i may be working on and in between the fun "problems" its fun downhills. Thats just what its become for me.
    Back is a bit worked atm so yesturday was 2hr boost ride. Linked semi steep , semi tech climbing to just ride and have fun finding flow. Low gear boost so i dont overdue my current condition and then smooth out some downs. Going to be those rides along with my pt exercises for a couple weeks working towards a 5k ft vert alpine all up to back down. Going to need lots of low gear , eco and strength with just my 540w battery

I just sold my 5.5 so I'm riding berms on a lower end Fat bike, the Orbea Rise I ordered was gona be a while out so I mused aloud to shop bro "would it be a better idea to just go big ? " and he sends me the pict of the Bullit they just got in, I've seen pictures/ vids havent actualy touched one so when I do unless i hate it in some way it will probably be a cha ching moment

besides the 5.5 money I also won and sold a fat bike last month so that > half the money

Shop bro sez he had a chance to check out a Rise and its different in that you have to pedal more to get more power

I really like the rise. I think 60nm is capable. Way better than spesh's 35nm sl's. Its an attractive bike/segment that i'd like to have.
    Without actually putting time on those types of emtb's, i think my full powered emtb will always be the main bike and i dont really care if theyre never going to be under 40lbs
    It does take a solid couple weeks to adjust from a 30lb bike that we've ridden for years to a 50lb bike and even then it will takd a month or 2 to fully adjust without having to think about it and adjusting. After i blew my motor last year i was just riding the gondola on a 55lb bike with no assist. I pull, preload, enter exit turns now as one with that weight. Sometimes im faster on the 38lb enduro and sometines im faster on the 55lb eeb. Its really close either way. I do appreciate the eeb when its loose and blown out, higher speed, jumping in the wind. Im more of a gs turn sit in the pocket rider so the eeb fits for that. Not claiming any speed just a comparison and a fyi that im guessing you'll find it takes more than a day or 3 to feel consistent. You'll probably want to give it a couple weeks to guage whether the full power emtb is your thing or realize it might be. Part of the reason i like the rise. It offers those things on an alpine ride for the most part. Thats where i think its strong suit would be. The xc area i like my full power as much as id like a rise. The full power adds to the xc network options that i wouldnt quite have otherwise. Ive wanted a bosch gen4 bike for that reason. Punchy motor for the tech climbs and 85nm vs my 70nm e8000. Youll have 85nm with your ep8 so i see a win win do it all everyday everywhere ripper scenario, atleast thats my prediction. Good luck. A real looker those

Santa Cruz Bullit
    I put a BBS02 on a 20+ yo bullit for a 70yo guy for cruising rail trail.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

the new Bullit looks nothing like the old Bullit

they never came in gloss lavender

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Anyone else besides Grinch with an ebike recommendation?

(Grinch - You’ve clearly stated your opinions and experience. Want someone else’s POV)
    I'm no Special Ed fanboi, but I've gotta say the motor they're using is nice. Compared with the YT and Commencal I've ridden, the the Specialized is way quieter and the engagement just feels a lot more natural. Less jerky with on-off pedaling. Now that I've been on this for a couple years, I think it'd be hard to move to a different motor system.
    And what Toast said earlier about building it heavy. Drivetrain will get hosed. A light drivetrain will just wear out faster. And DH brakes for sure. And Cushcore. Basically, if it's built to handle the extra burden, it rides better. Counterintuitive but makes sense when you're on it.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Its just whether or not the brose dies. Tourqy motor like the bosch, sips the battery like the bosch and all the ewsE racers have to have a brose or bosch because of that. Spesh has warranteed a shit ton of motors though. Some people went through 8 or 10 motors. Thats a lot of down time.Changed the belt, changed the clutch, tweaked the software so it doesnt jerk on the belt. Essentially the belt start spinning and then theyre pooched. They finally scrapped that motor and the new one has all the tweaks and a wider belt. I really hope it solves it but ive seen a few reports but not near as many so fingers crossed. One guy has gone through 3 of the new motor. Im still in the wait and see mode. The new levo is a really nice bike and a design masterpiece, and the last levo was no slouch. Kenevo is nice but i wouldnt consider it with the new levo being so dialed. Its just the motor durability question. Spesh has even said as much. Theyre completely focused on durability, its just are they there yet. If you have 3 emtb's a levo has to be one. My only emtb, no way. Belt drive is the quietest but im not convknced its the way to go.
    Shimano, yamaha and bosch all can have their problems. Starting to find shimano motors and parts on ebay . Trail mode is quite intuitive and natural feeling. Looks like someone stateside is rebuilding them now but they dont replace the tourque sensor. That goes and youre pooched. Itd suck to send your motor away, pay to get it rebuilt only to have the tourque sensir go shortly after.
    Yamaha pulls well. I was kmpressed. Chomps battery power though. Chomps more than shimano. Gears and water ingress was their problem. New motor has beefer gears and super sealed. New giant reign might be the bike of next year. Really well designed and probably one of the few bikes i wouldnt change a thing beyond small personal tweaks. Great price.
    Bosch's occasionally die too but lots of reports of them lasting a long time. Possibly the best warrantee, good parts supply, completely rebuildable and a new one rumoured to be released soon that could be another step above the rest. They should make an sl motor. Theyre best positioned to make an sl bike with their tourque and battery consumption.
    I'd ride any of them. I have to factor in price and possible down time. For me thats a bosch bike thats reasonably priced. Orbea, mondraker, cube for bosch. That new giant reign/yamaha or husqvarna with the shimano ep8. Dialed and crazy good price. For that price i could buy an extra motor and battery. Mullet the hard cross or long stroke the mt cross. Yt has been awesome to me and id buy another if they actually had stock

Random question for ebike owners: how wide is your downtube?

I'm working on a bike rack cradle thing. Trying to make it fit (almost) any bike. Ebikes with their massive downtubes are a little tricky. My levo is around 94mm wide. Anyone have something that's wider?

(I'm guessing most of the downtubes are pretty similar since I think they're all using the same 18650 Li-ion cells).

The Bullit downtube is < 4.5 or about 110mm to fit a 630 wh shimano battery

Decoy is 4.5" as well. Shimano motor, not a shimano battery. Darfon possibly?

Electric Bike Thread

Maybe I’m measuring differently.

Trek Rail w/Bosch CX4. 4”

Rocky Mountain Powerplay Growler 3.5”.
    Not my favorite motor, but I think their 3 year warranty, is the best in the business.

Trek Slash analog 3”

Rocky does have a good warrantee. They just extended it to that in the last year i think. Warrantee is on electronics, whatever that means, i guess the bearings are technically seperate . I like that idea to have the bb, wear item seperate. Rocky has some good results at ewsE too. They're kind of pricey, rocky in general is pricey and not sure how good they are honouring their warrantee. Wonder if someone is rebuilding them. You dont like the motor? Or just not your fave?.
    I thought bosch's warrantee is 2 years and if you get a warrantee motor the new motor will have a further 2 years.
    I see pole's new funky long travel e machine has ditched brose even before the release of the bike. What a nightmare that would be. Dealing with Pole on their bikes and dealing with Pole on a brose motor. They went to the new, soon to be released, bosch motor because of bosch's worldwide support network , that seemed to always have parts stock.
    Frigging with my settings now. Put everything on low to see if i can milk out the 540w battery to make it up/down a 5k+ ft climb/descent. All up and straight back down the climb. Might be asking a bit much but if i have to finish hiking to the top its all down from there

Thanks for the measurements.

4.5" is pretty wide. Gonna have to do some figuring on how to make that work.

Electric Bike Thread

RM’s just not my favorite. I actually liked my e8000 the most because of the torque, until we updated the wife’s CX4 firmware.

Now it’s my favorite, mostly because of the range. It would probably make a 5k+ ft. climb in boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    RM’s just not my favorite. I actually liked my e8000 the most because of the torque, until we updated the wife’s CX4 firmware.

Now it’s my favorite, mostly because of the range. It would probably make a 5k+ ft. climb in boost.
    Damn!! I need a bosch bike. Thatll just make you dream up epic rides, between having the tourque to get up tech sections and the juice to reach the summit

Ran into a couple of casual friends way up above Crosscut Ranch yesterday, both on Giant E-bikes, looked like the Reign style frameset. BTW E-bikes are allowed on that trail system or at least a lot of it. Good trails, well built and for bikes although hikers are allowed on most of it along with horses. The new flow trail is pretty damn good although it is new and still a bit rough.

First thing they started off with after we recognized each other was them apologizing and making lame excuses for riding E. There is no reason for that, it is a personal choice.

After we caught up on the past couple of years the conversation turned to their choice. We all agreed that within 3-5 years C-1 E bikes will be allowed on most if not every trail the P bikes are allowed on.

They went on their way, we went on ours. No puppies were harmed during the encounter.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Formulated opinions based on no evidence and only bias doesnt not make "intelligent" dialogue

Had the Bullit out on the inaugual rid yesturday ... wow

instead of usual 5 min drive to the p-lot just ride, still working pretty hard cuz you don't get stopped and sit there trying to stave off a heart attack you peddle at a steady pace over everything for more of a sustained aerobic effort as opposed to going anaerobic till you blowup/ die , you just go a lot further for me anyhow, I had it mostly in trail mode only went into boost a couple times

EP8 Motor aside, its a great bike, with a 64 degree head tube this is another level of bike to get around hairpins but I got used to the 5.5 and I can get used to this (the 5.5 was a great bike) I have slammed the seat all the way forward to help me get the bike around, shifts great , brakes are great, everything works great, with 170mm of travel its more bike than I need ... keeping it

Haaaa awesome! Let the games begin

Had the Bullit out on the inaugual rid yesturday ... wow

instead of usual 5 min drive to the p-lot just ride, still working pretty hard cuz you don't get stopped and sit there trying to stave off a heart attack you peddle at a steady pace over everything for more of a sustained aerobic effort as opposed to going anaerobic till you blowup/ die , you just go a lot further for me anyhow, I had it mostly in trail mode only went into boost a couple times

EP8 Motor aside, its a great bike, with a 64 degree head tube this is another level of bike to get around hairpins but I got used to the 5.5 and I can get used to this (the 5.5 was a great bike) I have slammed the seat all the way forward to help me get the bike around, shifts great , brakes are great, everything works great, with 170mm of travel its more bike than I need ... keeping it
    What do you mean by another level of bike to get around hairpins?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk