Check Out Our Shop
Page 202 of 203 FirstFirst ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 5069
    Coming soon to a skintrack near you: https://www.cyrusher.com/pages/electric-snowboard

I think those things are pretty tough but i still managed to break a sideplate on an X01 chain, the symptom was poor shifting and a lot of crunching that could not be fixing wanking about with the adjuster either way, so putting it in the stand i could see the broken plate right away but I still got home and I was impressed with how the X01 hung in there
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Coming soon to a skintrack near you: https://www.cyrusher.com/pages/electric-snowboard
    This will have the same problems that electric (and non electric) fat bikes have, it would need a groomed (solid) surface to work. Trying to use that in anything resembling powder will just bury itself.

Yep. Fat tires are about traction, not float.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

that site doesnt have any bikes I would be interested in if one was to judge by the bikes on that site

9 months around the world on a yammy

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7o3PC2I...M1amp2ODZmY2Fx

Sent from my SM-S711W using TGR Forums mobile app

finding power to ride 20000 miles might be a tough one

Yup, considering i havent done that in the 5yrs ive had mine

I don't think anyone is making the e bike i want. Am i wrong? Near me there are places that are just amazing to bike, but are so much work to get to. We're talking 2.5.kft of climbing up old mining roads, super gravelly and loose, which wouldn't be that bad, except while it is all rideable, its all just steep enough you kind of want to be out of the saddle, with no real rests and you end up walking a good chunk. Then another 2.5kft of slightly more rolling climbing, but with steep techy singletrack climbs. Eventually leads to amazing natural single track riding on game trails, over exposed sort of high alpine slickrock, with views of 13ers and 14ers, on a narrow ridge that drops away steeply on both sides. Its amazing. But its like, you not only have to be fit to do it, but just, in the right mood. Its like some sort of catharsis ritual to get up there. Or think, something like biking Mt Elbert. Not sure if e bikes areallowed there, but just an example for the kind of stuff I'd use it for. Things I can do without an ebike, but might do more often with one.

"High Alpine" ebike criteria

-Lightweight,
    -Must have a resistance free roll when out of battery.
    - Walk assist
    -Don't need much travel, but should have a geomotry that can deal with very steep climbs and very steep loose descents.
    -Grip is essential
    -Also don't need a huge amount of torque, if it can be sort of light (for an ebike) I'd rather have efficiency and range.
    -Efficiancy and range.
    -no hardtails.

Removeable battery would be nice, so its lighter on shorter rides, which might be steeper and gnarlier than longer rides. Can always take extras for the long rides, and leave them beside the trail when they're dead if you're coming back that way.

Seems like the ebike market, for mtb, is pretty much about people wanting something to help them get a massive huge travel freeride bike to the top of the bike park without a lift.

There are some things that seem nice, but not quite optimized for this, and I'm hesitant to buy anything when it feels like well maybe in a year or two they'll come out with something like this. The ebike market is always changing, and improving, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't and keep catering to lazy freeriders.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Sounds like you want an SL ebike. A couple years ago options were very limited, but now there are lots of choices. To meet your specific criteria, you will have to weed out most of them. If Fazua would actually release their battery extender that might be where your search should begin.

Heckler SL or another bike with the Fazua 60 motor would tick those boxes. The motor has no noticeable drag to me when off (the extra ~8 lbs over my enduro bike is more noticeable when pedaling). It has a walk mode - the way you access it is thumb down to motor off, then push and hold the ring controller sideways. In Rocket (boost/turbo) mode, the torque/power is on par with a full power ebike in their trail setting. In River (mid power), it's a bit more than a full power's eco mode. In Breeze, it's basically just sipping on the battery enough to counter the added weight and take the suck off climbs. You can also press and hold up the ring controller while climbing for an extra 12s of boost, adds about 10-15% more power briefly. It's nice for short steep bits - I use it when doing trail work with a heavy pack on. My buddy (~180 lbs, moderate fitness) says he's done about 7k vert on it in Breeze on fire roads. I regularly do 4.5-4.6k in Rocket in 2:15 (~165 lbs, above average but not XC fitness).

The Heckler SL is 160/150 (basically a Bronson with motor), and I ride it on the same trails I take my Nomad on. The Pivot Shuttle SL is 150/132. My HSL is built up burly (Vivid air, DH tires, Reserve HD wheels, etc. and about 44 lbs with pedals). The owner of the shop I got it from has his HSL built up as light as possible (Float DPS shock, 1 piece bar & stem, XTR 11sp, Reserve 27mm rims on DT 240 hubs, XC pedals, light tires, etc.) and said his is right at 39 lbs.

Latest info I've heard is that the range extender will finally be released this fall.

I've heard fazua has reliability issues

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Another to look at might be the Trek Fuel EXe; multiple models to choose from.
    TQ motor is light, quiet, and small with little or no resistance when not engaged.
    Main battery is removable and they also offer a range extender.
    If you go all in with carbon frame/wheels and tubeless, comes in a bit over 40 pounds.

just get something without a motor so you won't be lazy and actualy you are usually wrong about everything

Haa ya i was thinking, why bother?
    Leroy should write a stern letter to a few companies so they know what emtbs to make!!

Also, unrelated but this is pretty informative

https://youtu.be/ub9SxevuwkI?si=dFxe8OTTVY4rvh6W

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Haa ya i was thinking, why bother?
    Leroy should write a stern letter to a few companies so they know what emtbs to make!!

Also, unrelated but this is pretty informative

https://youtu.be/ub9SxevuwkI?si=dFxe8OTTVY4rvh6W

well IMO it would be another vehicle ( literaly ) for Leroy to be unlikable

Are there E approved gun racks?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I've heard fazua has reliability issues

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    They did, but it seems like recent reports have been more positive.

Shimano users will rag on and be about to start legal action,

and then its the same with Bosch users

If you believe the user groups individualy

everything is fucked

Anyone get to try an E-Troy Lite yet?

I'm out of the loop, do they still make lite cigerettes ?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I was looking around at mid weight bosch sx bikes. That devinci stood out to me. Great numbers, travel and weight. Really strikes a nice balance i thought.
    It does seem like we have to pay a price for pretty much all the mid weight bikes though. Im not seeing any real bargains in that category and the devinci isnt more expensive. I checked the norco fluid vlt before that but i dont see a need for a 130/140 emtb. Then i got stuck on that devinci e lite for the same price with a better spec.
    Rumours that yt might have something in that category coming out mid july

Where would you ride?

Warren Lakes and the Summer Road are the only options from town that I know of.

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Where would you ride?

Warren Lakes and the Summer Road are the only options from town that I know of.
    Supposedly you can ride the Snowmass access roads now to access the bike park, Glenwood, a couple PC options, CMC, Rifle, Fruita, Rabbit Valley, trips to the Front Range, Ride to CB, Doctor’s Park, Teocalli, RFBD.

Supposedly you can ride the Snowmass access roads now to access the bike park.
    That would be nice. I saw Susan Cross riding an ebike on Snowmass last year and she indicated such.
    But there’s still a bunch of no ebike signs around.