Page 100 of 197 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 4901
    I want to do that to my Fatboy.

I looked at that setup a couple years back and seriously considered it.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Dolphin battery? Lots of good reports on those baofangs. Supposed to be fairly quet

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Dolphin is the model name of the battery. I believe Panosonic battery cells inside.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ah i see. Ibwas visualizing a dolphin size/shape battery , so it wouldnt fit. Panosonic aims to be a player on the market. Their motors are slowly getting some market share. I think i heard they have good tourque, quiet and smooth power delivery

I blew off taking a trip with the bike today because it was 12* this morning and I didn't want to put the battery through that. How bad would a 100 mile trip be for it in really cold temps?

I’d say one of the notable assets of an Ebike is how nice it is to dress warm, start the ride in comfort and manage sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Dont do it!! You and the battery will probably die!
    IWM$2 will know how to survive though

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I blew off taking a trip with the bike today because it was 12* this morning and I didn't want to put the battery through that. How bad would a 100 mile trip be for it in really cold temps?
    Buy or make a battery cozy. Batteries are exothermic when in use so running them at low temps is not as bad as you might think. Sure, at -40 you'll fuck them up a bit but at 0 it's not a problem.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Did about 25mi and 4300’ today with about 6% battery left at the end. Fantastic, high 50s weather.
    Heading back with tools to do some trail work tomorrow.
    Merry Kissmyass!!

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/health-...e-injuries/amp

E-bikes and electric scooters are becoming increasingly popular in the United States, but the powered bikes carry a higher risk of severe injuries than traditional bicycles and a different pattern of injury risks compared with scooters, a recent study finds.
    The authors analyzed emergency department data collected from 2000 to 2017 by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission’s National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS), on injuries involving all three types of vehicles.
    While people riding e-bikes were more likely to suffer internal injuries and be hospitalized compared to the other riders, powered scooter users had higher rates of concussion. E-bike injuries were also more than three times as likely to involve a collision with a pedestrian than either scooter or traditional bike injuries, the researchers report in the journal Injury Prevention.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Ya no one here wants anything to do with unsafe activities. Stick to lawn darts ya hack

Finished my ride with about 10psi in the rear tire and didn’t realize until loading the bike on the rack. CushCore FTMFW!!!

Finally had time to install the Bafang and get a test ride in. Took some fiddling and I had to make some spacers but it fits. Initial impression is wow it's got torque, the motor stays on for a second after I stopped pedalling.

The 30t chainring I ordered must be a poor cut, chain only meshes on half of it. Stock chainring is an ugly steel 46 t it'll do for now.

National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS)

The Fuck? I need to start something like this with 7 sexy interns, profit, then spend the winter traveling and skiing with the #1 intern.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Finished 2019 off with a proper ride on the Bafang and is it ever alot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Finished 2019 off with a proper ride on the Bafang and is it ever alot of fun.
    Finished off my 2019 by snapping my chain and having to walk home on a sub zero night. Careful with the torque on the gears! Threw a Bafang on a Mukluk a few months ago. Super fun, but a little finicky, think I need to mess with my chainline.

Nice looking rig to have in the stable. I can see that getting a lot of use

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Finished off my 2019 by snapping my chain and having to walk home on a sub zero night.
    KMC Chains.
    Change often, like the oil in your car.
    Stick with the E-Shifters that only let you make one click at a time.

2x that. Kmc's are working well and cheap. I just add a chain and/or brake pads on to my chain reaction orders for free shipping. Always have a couple spares and brake pads everywhere(truck, packs, tool box)

Went for a nice 8 mile ride yesterday, first in a few weeks due to conditions, and didn't need to come out of eco for the whole ride. I was pretty happy with that. Hero dirt abounds right now which is nice. I even remembered NOT to plug in the charger when I got home, good battery management habits are happenin'

I think I finally nailed the setup on my fork because I was pointing it and sending it through sections that have been unnecessarily difficult for a while, the right stiff wheels and tire combo helped too. If anyone is thinking they need a different/better fork the Wren is the ticket. I'm running 150mm travel on a bike that was stock with 120 and it's damn near perfect. I run about 30% sag so the A2C isn't much more than it's "supposed" to be but the front end is way more supple and active than it was with the Sektor (?) that came on the bike. https://wrensports.com/product/inver...spension-fork/ I have one on my fatty and my steel hardtail too If you want a discount code for stuff from these guys let me know.

If you're gonna need to do some drivetrain parts replacing before next season really kicks in take a good look at Box Components. The new Prime 9 wide range stuff is pretty hot and the e-bike line will start shipping sometime next month. It's 9 speed so thicker, stronger chain, cogs, etc. and it's an 11-50 cassette so you're not losing any of the range you just have wider gaps. You'll be able to get a complete group (shifter, cass, der and chain) for well under $300 for the 2 level and about $600 for the top level. Personally I'm not sold on the top one yet but I'm waiting for samples to arrive here in the US, as soon as I get them on the bike I'll do a review. The lightweight, non e-bike, stuff is also on the way and IMO 9 speed just makes sense on a bunch of levels. http://prime9.com/

Box 2 is rebranded Sun Race.

The cassettes are made there but not the same at all. There's different ramp and tooth profiles and different carriers.

So, Hans Rey has some new videos of him riding e-bikes with MissyGiove and others.
    lol and behold, he got a little fat!
    Coincidence?
    I think not.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, Hans Rey has some new videos of him riding e-bikes with MissyGiove and others.
    lol and behold, he got a little fat!
    Coincidence?
    I think not.
    Nice troll bud. Hans would destroy you on any bike evdn though he's old and has the dad bod. Genetics, look it up. Dude rides everything all the time. Put danny mac in the hurt locker on kilimanjaro. You couldnt carry no ways jock strap. Check yourself. That missy vid is so last year. Try harder bud

Electric Bike Thread

I think rideit’s post was funny.
    I don’t bike for fitness, I bike for fun. For me, getting out with the Mrs and charging downhill is fun. Bike for your own reason, not someone else’s. Good for Missy and Hans for getting out and having fun.
    If I want exercise, I’ll go jog, or road bike or find a gym. Fuck that though.

I can 1000% guarantee you, Missy is not out there to exercise. But she’s fun as fuck.