Page 129 of 197 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 4901
    You and trailtoaster taken notes. Great to hear. Go try it. Report back and compare notes with throttle king after both your wet rooty tech days

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Nice looking bikes. I see some nice builds on them. There's a thread on emtb forums of people doing up their rails. A couple really nice ones. T mo had a 180 fork on hers at the ewsE and im betting a 60mm stroke shock

The new Bosch motor is really good. Shop guys are getting 45+kms with 1000m of climbing done regularly with juice still in the battery.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    The new Bosch motor is really good. Shop guys are getting 45+kms with 1000m of climbing done regularly with juice still in the battery.

I want a bosch bike for sure. I heard they sip the powah. Thats pretty good considering the distance. I hear theyre the most dependable by far. A friend i recommended a cube too, because of the bosch gen 4 had his controller fixed/replaced in a day. I think bosch keeps good stock of parts for them. Thats been most of the reports. Ive only heard one report of someone having to wait a bit but it wasnt an obscene wait. "Bearing man" in the uk has had them apart and has been servicing everything on the gen3 and says no problem to service the gen4 if/when needed. Thats bearings/axle/sleeves. No confirmation on the ability to replace the tourque sensor if needed. Thats the last thing i'm curious about.

So e bikes are just for old, out of shape people?

Jeremy Heitz anyone?

https://youtu.be/5bk75FP-hsk

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

Jeremy Heitz anyone?
    That was entertaining, thanks.

They broke the stereotype by not surrendering.
    U.P.: up

Jeremy Heitz anyone?

Awesome! Im hoping emtb fastforwards the development of trail system that link BC's mountain towns. Taking a summer off will have a whole new meaning

Awesome! Im hoping emtb fastforwards the development of trail system that link BC's mountain towns. Taking a summer off will have a whole new meaning

My local area is doing just that, we just got a 35km paved trail from Invermere to Fairmont. Next phase is Invermere to Radium. Hot springs to hot springs. The amount of elderly on Ebikes on this trail is amazing. Local shops are selling townie e cruisers like crazy.

My local area is doing just that, we just got a 35km paved trail from Invermere to Fairmont. Next phase is Invermere to Radium. Hot springs to hot springs. The amount of elderly on Ebikes on this trail is amazing. Local shops are selling townie e cruisers like crazy.

I was thinking offroad but thats pretty cool. Between ebikes and that trail thats a great resource to get people out on the trails. Maybe eventually the columbia basin trust will link us all

Thinks are wraping up hereClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20201023_153702.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	344689

Better traction 2day
    #rootsrockreggae
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201024_150750.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	344772

Jeremy Heitz anyone?

That was a fun video, but not necessarily a ringing endorsement of big days on ebikes. Dead, heavy bikes don’t seem too sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    That was a fun video, but not necessarily a ringing endorsement of big days on ebikes. Dead, heavy bikes don’t seem too sweet.

Not to you, right now,

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post

It was a ringing endorsement and 50lb heavy bikes are sweet but please continue commenting on something you are unaware of

I was thinking offroad but thats pretty cool. Between ebikes and that trail thats a great resource to get people out on the trails. Maybe eventually the columbia basin trust will link us all

Thinks are wraping up hereClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20201023_153702.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	344689

The beauty of having this paved system is the ability to have single track spur trails branch off the main pathway. Add Ebike to be able to access trails without loading a bike in a vehicle and not riding on the road.

The beauty of having this paved system is the ability to have single track spur trails branch off the main pathway. Add Ebike to be able to access trails without loading a bike in a vehicle and not riding on the road.

Great to see the development around invermere. So many new trails im hearing of. Such a nice spot with the lake/beach surrounded by options. Always thought steamboat could have more trails. Nice dirt and pitch for building

Great to see the development around invermere. So many new trails im hearing of. Such a nice spot with the lake/beach surrounded by options. Always thought steamboat could have more trails. Nice dirt and pitch for building

The terrain at Steam boat is fantastic for MTB I agree, the moto users have been building unauthorized trails like crazy there meanwhile the MTB club is following the rules and waiting for trail proposal approvals that take years.

Rogue MTB builders are tired of waiting for official approvals so they are getting after it in hidden spots in the valley. 2 new DH trails were built this summer. More will follow next year.

The terrain at Steam boat is fantastic for MTB I agree, the moto users have been building unauthorized trails like crazy there meanwhile the MTB club is following the rules and waiting for trail proposal approvals that take years.

Rogue MTB builders are tired of waiting for official approvals so they are getting after it in hidden spots in the valley. 2 new DH trails were built this summer. More will follow next year.

Well not all bad then. Things are happening over there. Together with swansea, thats some good dh options

Get your kids on the right track early!

Stacyc-12eDrive-Kids-Balance-Bike
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Has anyone ridden a Kona?
    Considering one for the Moto trails.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Has anyone ridden a Kona?
    Considering one for the Moto trails.
    Kona looks like a great option. Im waiting to see how the ep8 motor does after a year. The bike itself has really nice geo and lots of standover. It will take 29 and 27.5. Haven't ridden one. There on hold for the ep8 fix. The bolt pattern is the same as the e8000 so it was supposed to allow current bike molds to not be redesigned but i think tolerances were off on the ep8 so theyve got a fix in the works. I think i heard january for most bikes.

Snowline went up a couple thousand feet so valley trails melted out a bit with the rain. Lots of dabs today. More work to doClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20201030_162358.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	345694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201030_162320.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	345695

Kona looks like a great option. Im waiting to see how the ep8 motor does after a year. The bike itself has really nice geo and lots of standover. It will take 29 and 27.5. Haven't ridden one. There on hold for the ep8 fix. The bolt pattern is the same as the e8000 so it was supposed to allow current bike molds to not be redesigned but i think tolerances were off on the ep8 so theyve got a fix in the works. I think i heard january for most bikes.

I would do it in a minute if it were 10 pounds lighter...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I would do it in a minute if it were 10 pounds lighter...
    Ive heard that somewhere. I guess you'll have time to see if the ep8 is good then. Moto trails i think you'll want a full powah emtb. I wouldnt mind an sl weight option but that won't replace the 85-90 nm full powah emtb for me. Currently im going slow on tech clombs like similar to what sections of the mpto trails might have. Its nice to have the 85-90 nm tourque to spin lower revs because its easier and funner just finding traction that way than spinning like we normally do on mtb's. Using the rear brake occcasionally to modulate the power in boost, like moto trials riders will do, so the tires don't spin out in snow or wet roots. The new ep8 and the bosch gen4 will allow you to get full power out of their tourque reliant settings. "Trail mode" for the ep8 and " emtb mode" for the bosch. My e8000 doent have full power in trail mode only boost and boost doesn't work off the tourque sensor quite the same. In boost mode the tourque sensor just engages the boost mode at full power. In trail mode the tourque sensor feeds off your input. You can feather the power or push harder and it gives you more or crank on it and it gives you even more. You can modulate the power but i can't get the full power like the new ep8 or bosch gen 4.
    As for weight, i think you'd learn to appreciate the weight on moto trails. Check the vital shootout. They tested on moto trails and liked the weight quality on those trails

This is about as light as they get for full power. Proper tires and its 45lbs
    https://www.mondraker.com/us/en/2021...y-carbon-rr-sl

I could make mine 46lbs from the stock 48 but i have it at probably 53 with dh tires , no carbon, slx cassette for more steel cogs, steel freehub body., normal coil rear shock. I want that performance more than less weight. Might as well have more travel , coil and dh tires if you have assist. More capable almost every where

And finally, mondraker frame that doesn't look like a tree fell on it.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    And finally, mondraker frame that doesn't look like a tree fell on it.
    Looks like they sell them worldwide. I dont think ive seen one irl. Seems like they were 6 or 7 years ahead of everyone with their geo. I think theyre pricey. I didnt look