Page 69 of 197 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4901
    Dentists:

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/p...-S960CAR-S465#

But, hey, somehow it's cheaper than their non-motorized versions.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Dentists:

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/p...-S960CAR-S465#

But, hey, somehow it's cheaper than their non-motorized versions.
    I was just looking at that and I was also shocked at the price. Its also only 26 pounds and does not look like it has a motor. E mountain bikes will be in this territory soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I was just looking at that and I was also shocked at the price. Its also only 26 pounds and does not look like it has a motor. E mountain bikes will be in this territory soon.
    That's kinda what I'm waiting for. I'm happy on regular bikes, but I'll prolly add an e-bike a few generations down the road..but it won't be a Pinarello...or a Specialized!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'm finding that the 4 piston Guide brakes aren't nearly powerful enough. I'm going to try a few different compound pads and see if that helps but I don't think so. The brick needs more bite to haul it's heft down.
    :
    That’s a lot of thought about brakes. I personally thing the brake issue is overblown. Again, it comes down to an extra 20#, not an extra 150#. If brakes can stop a 200# WC DHer going 45mph on a 30# analog bike, they can stop my 165# ass on an Ebike.
    We rode up and walk moded up stuff that was too steep to ride up (would just wheelie out) last weekend. Turned around and came back down. Steep and chunky. Bike (and brakes) did brilliantly.
    Then again, we’re rocking Saints with 203mm front & back. I dare someone to tell me that Saints don’t have enough modulation in the same breath that they’re telling me their Sram brakes lack power.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Now try a 4g descent with half of it steep enough to require hand holds to hike/climb up it. You'll be able to tell which brake you want ,and in what order, pretty quick. I dont like having to use more than one finger. It was pretty obvious when I was up to 3 or 4 on my guides that they weren't the right choice for that bike. Steep, long and tech requires good one finger brakes with the rest of your digits to grip the bar. "Man purse" made the decision apparent

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Tested a Specialized Kenevo the other day, and was a impressed. Cool features on the app, ohlins coil shock was plush, motor was quite and it had great power.
    I didn't like the ohlins air fork, probably needed a service found it was harsh on small chatter bumps. The heavy weight is noticeable but didn't hold it back on the down. It jumped well and and was pretty agile for how heavy it was. Tight, steep switchbacks were interesting, really needed to be light on the pedals and even drag the rear brake to keep the front end down.
    The terrain was our local shuttle area, access by the climbing trail. Climb time was half of what it normally takes and I had a ton of gas in the tank still.
    Overall I think it's a great bike but not what I'm looking for, it did not have the Enduro bike feel compared to the Rocky Mountain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Tested a Specialized Kenevo the other day, and was a impressed. Cool features on the app, ohlins coil shock was plush.
    Overall I think it's a great bike but not what I'm looking for, it did not have the Enduro bike feel compared to the Rocky Mountain.

This is why we went with the Levo, but made mods to get what we liked about the Kenevo. Mrs jm2e loves the 27.5 hoops on hers so I might be going that route soon. Wagon wheels are the only thing I don’t love about mine.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Now try a 4g descent with half of it steep enough to require hand holds to hike/climb up it.
    Man, I wish 4k’ descents were my “problem”!!!
    That was life in Italy for us last summer. Fucking magical.

Seen a couple of e Mtn bikes on the trails at this weekend Davis Mtn bike fest. A pivol and Levo.
    watch out for snakes

Tested a Specialized Kenevo the other day, and was a impressed. Cool features on the app, ohlins coil shock was plush, motor was quite and it had great power.
    I didn't like the ohlins air fork, probably needed a service found it was harsh on small chatter bumps. The heavy weight is noticeable but didn't hold it back on the down. It jumped well and and was pretty agile for how heavy it was. Tight, steep switchbacks were interesting, really needed to be light on the pedals and even drag the rear brake to keep the front end down.
    The terrain was our local shuttle area, access by the climbing trail. Climb time was half of what it normally takes and I had a ton of gas in the tank still.

There’s going to be some good options around here this year but they’re mostly the dh trails so I’m looking at a kenevo. Rocky would be a great option. They have one of the top bikes, especially with that motor. Toptube height is probably 4” higher than my current bike though. Haven’t been to Swansea in years(used to be a fave spot) but following what you guys are up to. Looks like a major upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Man, I wish 4k’ descents were my “problem”!!!
    That was life in Italy for us last summer. Fucking magical.

Ya I like the guides but dropped into that trail to finish and half way down I thought I was going to die. There’s really only about 4 trails in town where I want/need at least 160 travel, burley treads, slack, high front end and real brakes. Any variance of those and it’s possible but more survival time than play time, at least for me. Not much margin for error, especially “man purse”, makes equipment decisions ez

Buddy has a Pivot E-Bomination (or whatever it's called ) - hasn't had it too terribly long - took it into the shop for tune up and some new wheels & tires and they discovered the rear triangle was borked - cracked. Off to warranty-land for who-knows-how-long.

ETA: He also trashed the rear wheel (crabon), which is why it was in the shop in the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Buddy has a Pivot E-Bomination (or whatever it's called ) - hasn't had it too terribly long - took it into the shop for tune up and some new wheels & tires and they discovered the rear triangle was borked - cracked. Off to warranty-land for who-knows-how-long.

ETA: He also trashed the rear wheel (crabon), which is why it was in the shop in the 1st place.
    Good company so I imagine they fix him.up. shouldn't be without the fun machine too long

F
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

Is it who I think it is?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

One thing I did notice this weekend was how muddy the trails were. Nearly every body had 2-3 lbs of wet gloppy mud packed into their bikes. One buddy even experienced his chain coming off and had to clean his ride off before he could get it to stay on and ride.

How is the wet and muck going to affect the midmotor drives on these bikes?

In the manual for mine it says to not immerse the bike in water(duh). And to not leave it out in the rain, also duh.

If ones ebike got crusted up with gunk it seems it would be a nono to blast it with the garden hose like we do for a standard bikes. Maybe let it dry and brush off then wipe down?
    watch out for snakes

Electric Bike Thread

Mountain bikes are designed to be ridden in rain and mud. These aren’t fragile butterflies. Ride through creeks, ride in the rain, hose it off afterward, don’t use a pressure washer (just like you shouldn’t with an analog bike).

Last edited by jm2e; 06-16-2019 at 10:43 AM.

I am a bit concerned about having to drive with it on the hitch rack in a heavy rain. It seems like that can't be good for it with all of the electronics. Creek crossings and general riding don't worry me too much but hours encased in wet goopy mud probably can't be good either. I'll find out soon enough I'm sure.

I’ve ridden my Shimano equipped bike all winter, in all weather, without any problems.

Driving with it on the back hitch rack, in slushy conditions, really caked it with grime. I just power washed it off.

It did overheat once riding up Aspen Mountain. It was so dry last summer, the moon dust was terrible and it clogged up the cooling fins.

^^^ Pro tip, keep fins clean.

The wet mud would give some cooling via heat transfer. If there are air vents one should probably check these once in a while to insure good air flow.

Many motors have a set of fins on the shaft to induce air flow over the motor internals there by cooling the inside. Not sure if these small Ebike motors would have that, probably deleted to save space and weight considerations.
    Last edited by SB; 06-17-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Is it who I think it is?
    Si.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WruBJJz.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	286092

Got mah rack on and sum bags, had to drill holes to get it this low. May modify further to drop it sum moar.
    watch out for snakes

Looking pretty dialed. That seat should have some comfort. Looks like a Brooks with a couple big springs to take the edge off

For what it's worth, rode a buddy's new Levo Expert Saturday. First time on an ebike. I don't know what to think, really. It goes up real fast, I'll tell you that. The weight makes your ride differently, as does the boost effect continuing a half pedal after you stop. Not my bag, but this dude would probably be done riding hard technical terrain without it due to an injury - so I'm pumped he has it as an option.

Don't let anyone ever tell you that you don't get a good workout riding an e-mtb. I rode again today and I'm whooped. Humping that thing up and over downed trees and through crazy ass rock gardens really works the upper body.
    Was talking to that same friend about this this weekend. He keeps his on the lowest setting for the most part, and his contention is that you work your ass off cause you are so stoked and enjoying the speed, but that you never have to go into anaerobic debt since you tend to just get the boost for the really hard crux. Which he likes since it allows him to ride further, harder, for a longer workout.

Me, I enjoy anaerobic, because I am stupid.

That's a good explanation. Some times its nice to just spin off a loop and some times I want to push the pedals. More often then not I end up pushing but gradually I think itll be less and less

I am a bit concerned about having to drive with it on the hitch rack in a heavy rain. It seems like that can't be good for it with all of the electronics. Creek crossings and general riding don't worry me too much but hours encased in wet goopy mud probably can't be good either. I'll find out soon enough I'm sure.
    That’s a concern. I can’t remember how much of an increase in water psi they get on the rack at highway speed but it’s a fair bit. Not 1000psi pressure wash though. Brits seemto be leading in the beta testing in that regard. As you would know, most motors are covered for 2 years warrantee. Most cases it seems to be from water ingress. This guy has got a hold of most, if not all, of the motors that may be past warrantee replacement and made replacement bearing kits for sale and step by step replacement tutorials. He makes it look so ez. I’m sure it’s not but it’s do able for cheap

https://www.emtbforums.com/community...-at-last.5741/