Page 68 of 197 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBill View Post
    How much does a mod like that run?
    Around $1000 depending on your options.
    https://www.bafangusadirect.com/bafa...ttery-p/60.htm

Got a proper 1st ride in this morning after work. Did a nice circuit around town which was mostly roads but I also detoured onto grassy trails on a sliver of park property. There is a short but steepish hill going up to the Bolivar surrender site and I put the pedal assist to the test here. It performed well and I did indeed need to pedal vigorously even using level 5 and a lower gear to maintain speed. Without it I would have been in granny gear at a walking speed by the time I got to the top.

The brakes are manual discs and stop reasonably well but are not hydraulics. The front suspension fork needed to be fully preloaded for my 200+ weight but works well for a spring style unit, it does also have a lockout. The Juggernaut tires worked great on the grass and pavement, I will test them out on the dirt trail nearby on a later ride. The weight of the battery and bike work well together and although its 68 lbs the bike is able to maneuver decently. I will probably look for a set back seat post for it as my longer upper body and arms need a tad more room.

All in all I am very pleased with this bike, it was a gamble to buy on line with out a chance for a ride or even kick the tires. I feel it is excellent bang for the buck and it has many features and stats on bikes costing several thousands of dollars more. I look forward to riding this one on many more rides. It would be a good town or commuter bike but I think it would be a great gravel and rail trail vehicle with easy mtn bike trails being within the outer limit of its abilities.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    The wife's vintage Bridgestone MB3 had been sitting in the garage idle and unloved for what seems like forever. Mounted a Bafang mid-drive with a UPP rackmount power pack and the bike now has new life as a stealth supercommuter, you can barely tell it's an ebike. It's able to get her to work as fast as her car (taking traffic & PITA parking at the U into account), and waaay more fun.

Attachment 284033
    Nicely done, new life for the old ride.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBill View Post
    How much does a mod like that run?
    Got the motor kit new for about ~$350 offa ebay (using a discount code from TGR!) and around $250 or so for the battery/rack combo direct from unitpackpower (UPP).

Another thing I like about DIY Bafang mid-drives is that you can get a higher quality battery and more powerful motor than you would if you laid out a shitload of $ for an off-the-shelf ebike, plus you get to keep most of the original bike intact. The only parts that get replaced are the BB, cranks, chainring and brake levers.

That's a sweet setup. Always on the lookout for a classic hand built 80's steely for a townie. That would make it the pride of the fleet.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Took the Bam out this weekend. Did several miles on gravel with a detour onto dirt and single track.

Very impressed with the pedal assist mode. Maintained a good clip of 18+ MPH the way out and back on level 3 of 5. Even used the throttle a bit to try it. Still got a nice pedal workout in but being able to cruise at speed was wonderful. Needed to stop by the LBS to have the bottom bracket adjusted, it was a tad loose and squeaking. Adjustment done and its fine. My bike seems to have the 20MPH limit but I may be able to over ride it when I get the manual for the controller.

Lots of fun but mine is not a full trail bike, it will do easy trail and grass well. Tooling around town was quite fun.
    watch out for snakes

Having so much fun on this thing. It's just silly Sorry no pics, having too much fun.

Anyone own a radwagon? Searched and found mention of them earlier in the thread, but no direct feedback. I get that hub motor is inferior to mid drive motor but I'm looking for an inexpensive long tail cargo bike to haul kids and stuff around town.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

I just can't win, all of my pics post sideways. I'm fucked up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190604_180556.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	284825

Invoice is in the mailClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190605_184924.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	230.5 KB 
ID:	284830

Hahaha. Do I get off easier if I pay in Canadian funny money?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Hahaha. Do I get off easier if I pay in Canadian funny money?
    I’ll run a tab

Someone needs to do something like this in N America. Slick looking battery extenders and they also recondition batteries. Extenders are compatible with all major systems except Bosch

https://www.e-booz.it/prodotti/

Name:	IMG_1596.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	285110
    Made a Deal with the Devil

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

Name:	IMG_1596.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	285110
    Made a Deal with the Devil

Sick!! Nice mods too. Coil and 4 pot shimano's

I'm finding that the 4 piston Guide brakes aren't nearly powerful enough. I'm going to try a few different compound pads and see if that helps but I don't think so. The brick needs more bite to haul it's heft down.

That e-mtb is some different kind of work out I tell you what. As much as mt biking is a full body thing it's even more so when the brick is nearly 50 pounds and the most rigid, tight mutha ride you could ever imagine. Think of the old Klein full rigid or C'dale rigid race bikes from ~1990. That kind of tight. Tomorrow it gets a 150mm fork with 46mm carbon wheels with 3.0"s on them. That oughta cush things up a little bit. Seriously though it really works the body from the glutes up and it forces you to ride a higher cadence so it puts out torque smoothly rather than jerky if you pedal in squares. It also ends up with a relatively low bb because the Shimano motor is still fairly bulky, the actual bb height is pretty reasonable but that big hunk o' plastic down there gets in the way. Thankfully it seems pretty tough because it has taken some hard hits

Holy mother of steeps can this thing climb! I've rolled up some stuff that made me giggle out loud

And then try a180 mm travel e bike.
    Rocks on the downhill.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Fun fun fun
    Yes I liked the feel of the guides. They're definitely not codes though. They suffered in power on long steeps so I switched back to my saints. Metallic pads helped but not quite enough. I see some people putting 220 rotors on their emtb's. I'm thinking o might try the new 4 pot slx with some 220's, especially if its 29 front 27.5+ rear

This contraption has appeared in my garage.

It's the wife's. Long story short, an injury makes this a worthwhile experiment. Today will be her maiden voyage on it.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It's the wife's. Long story short, an injury makes this a worthwhile experiment. Today will be her maiden voyage on it.
    I was commenting on the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I was commenting on the brand.

Ha! Yeah, the evil empire. Local shop and the specialized rep hooked up a completely ridiculous deal though.

Credit to Great Northern Cycle and Ski in Whitefish - they went above and beyond to set her up.

Looking forward to reports.

FWIW, delving into unknown technology made warranty and local dealer support a priority. Combine that with the Spec Ed Demo center in Boulder and it would have been hard to go another route.

However many are in a shit ton.

Interdasting

You guys and gals are going big in the E.
    watch out for snakes