Page 52 of 197 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4901
    Haha. The “I” in “UCI” stands for “international” ICYDK. Instant legitimacy. Murica loves to win these “I” things. Probably need some trails to win. Politics yo. #winning #notasheepleofhate

Should help in grain standards as well as the governing body will be testing wattage, software,wheel sizes and battery storage/output

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Haha. The “I” in “UCI” stands for “international” ICYDK. Instant legitimacy. Murica loves to win these “I” things.
    ROFL. Pick a hundred random people off the street and I'll bet you 99 of them think "UCI" is some kind of STD.

I couldn’t find the vid. Can’t remember if it was posted on the forum here or not. It was an experiment at a dr office. In the waiting room one unsuspecting patient shows up and takes a seat. An occasional buzzer would sound and everyone would stand up for a second before sitting back down for no reason other than a mysterious buzzer. Eventually the unsuspecting patient ,that took the last seat , started following everyone else standing. Even after, one by one, they took all the other actor/patients were taken away. She stood by herself after every buzzer. Enter a new patient , he also started standing for no reason but following the first unsuspecting patient. Sheeple. That’s the North American anti ebike ranter. Sheeple brainwashed to hate. To scared to buck the trend. Pros and cool kids start using them and we’ll have some fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ROFL. Pick a hundred random people off the street and I'll bet you 99 of them think "UCI" is some kind of STD.
    Politics man. All those corrupt big governing bodies are lock step with the politicians. IOC, UCI, FIFA come to mind. All the suits are buds. Shit is now legit. #winning #won #pinnedeverywhere #sooofun

Sheeple. That’s the North American anti ebike ranter. Sheeple brainwashed to hate. To scared to buck the trend. Pros and cool kids start using them and we’ll have some fun
    Your ability to ignore reasoned arguments and troll is pretty A+ Almost as good as your ability to sound stupid. Almost

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Your ability to ignore reasoned arguments and troll is pretty A+ Almost as good as your ability to sound stupid. Almost
    Don’t worry,eventually that buthurt will subside. Eventually
    #winning

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Ideally, you should get batteries sourced from Japanese or Korean companies, i.e. Samsung, LG or Panasonic. Chinese sourced batteries are a lot less expensive, but probably less reliable, though I don't know to what extent.

unitpackpower has been pretty reliable for me and others, and have a pretty good reputation among the ebike builder community. They also have an ebay site, if you prefer.
    I ordered a pack from Unit Pack Power, if my house burns down form faulty cell's I'am blame you guys. I did make sure the description claimed LG / Samsung cells.

The uci can fuck right off. That was my opinion before e-bikes existed, and it continues to be my opinion now. Those fart sniffers should stick to fucking up road racing.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The uci can fuck right off. That was my opinion before e-bikes existed, and it continues to be my opinion now. Those fart sniffers should stick to fucking up road racing.
    This.

How long before the UCI holds an e-moped Tour de France?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Looking at setting up a group buy on butthurt ointment
    I may need some to with all the additional mileage I’ll be doing soon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22A4F594-671E-4372-8FE9-72284361E247.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	249558

All that saddle time you will be getting, better order a 50 gal. drum.

So much for the argument that there will not be a need to mess with the power outputs.

You talk about the American way and Sheeple?

Part of the "American Way" is to take whatever is stock and begin to tweak it for more speed/power.

Electric Bike Thread

Sure people are going to tweak shit.
    My point was UCI are setting limits for their races ,based on standardized speed limits for the assist and power output, that is aligned with the current speed and power regulations in most countries. It seems most people have stayed within those limits were evokes are popular. In most cases the trail dictates the speed anyway, apart from going up. The market has widely said the power is there now, some are questioning the new/to be released Haibike motor being too much tourque, and they’re wanting the bike companies to be focusing on lighter weight and more battery capacity. Seems to be the consensus atm . More power and/or tourque is going to add weight and/or decrease battery life
    One thing is for sure, they’ll be good courses popping up everywhere. It’ll be easier to shape less hilly locales into good riding areas . The hill here in revelstoke is now making some trails and word is they’ll have a fleet of ebikes. With all the existing trails there now that makes a substantial e bike zone. That should make in excess of 20k vertical feet of quality trail in year one
    FTR , Canadians are sheeple too. Lots of anti ebike hate in North American in general from people without trail advocacy concerns. Followers of hate, fragile ego and ignorance of what emtb’s actually are(as evidence by the misinformed throttle motoX , no pedaling comparison). Crazy talk with no basis arguments from nosey neighbors . “You must ride this way because I do, even though your way has no detrimental effect on my riding”

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    All that saddle time you will be getting, better order a 50 gal. drum.

So much for the argument that there will not be a need to mess with the power outputs.

You talk about the American way and Sheeple?

Part of the "American Way" is to take whatever is stock and begin to tweak it for more speed/power.
    No “I” in ebkes bud. You can be the “rebel”

Please define

"no detrimental effect on my riding”

a) trail access
    b) trail user interactions
    c) trail impacts from increased use and range
    d) public perception
    e) trail user rules and enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    Please define

"no detrimental effect on my riding”

a) trail access
    b) trail user interactions
    c) trail impacts from increased use and range
    d) public perception
    e) trail user rules and enforcement
    A) I stated in my post I was referencing people’s stances that weren’t related to advocacy. That’s another argument whether they should be included or their overall effect
    B)if I ride an e bike up a shuttle road and down a trail what’s the dif? Some two way trails maybe e bikes aren’t going to work. Nowhere did I say there shouldn’t be common sense regulation
    C)trail/environmental impact would be slightly less at shuttle areas and slightly more elsewhere. In the big scheme of things comparatively speaking there’s not a lot to support an overwhelming increase in environmental degradation. It will separate trail users over a larger area. E bikes are also a good tool to haul trail tools farther into the backcountry . More riders(11%) = more trail $’s
    D)public perception is ignorance. Say no to ignorance duh
    E)trail use rules and regs should be common sense not ideology based. Start with shuttle and one way trails are open then decide which 2 way trails are useable or designate alternate “climb to” routes for access. Conflict would be minimal with common sense regulation. We seem to get along fine now giving right away where necessary to avoid conflict

It’s not rocket science. There’s countless other countries that have paved the way. I guess you can stick your head in the sand and stick with the imperial system even though there’s more to lose than gain. It’s fun and they’re going to be everywhere and I can easily use one without conflict and even lessen my environmental impact so your lose my gain. Oh well

Totally faking it!! Must be getting large paper

EMTB or not, this is just a beautiful bike . Could be the perfect North American entry as it can be a normal acoustic 30lb enduro bike(without the battery/motor) or a 39lb EMTB . Zesty with a shorter stroke shock and same eye to eye can be 140mm rear travel. Add a dual position 150-180 Tavel rs lyric and it’s a quiver killer

Hey Grinch you got your DOT approved helmet and DOT approved tires and full insurance for your electric motorcycle yet?

Sounds like RSTBC is scrapping the draft plan they had for all Crown land trails in BC, the original just defined them as a separate user group from moto and from bikes. Now it seems they are going to be considered full motorized and have some insurance and DOT regs thrown in.

EMTB or not, this is just a beautiful bike . Could be the perfect North American entry as it can be a normal acoustic 30lb enduro bike(without the battery/motor) or a 39lb EMTB . Zesty with a shorter stroke shock and same eye to eye can be 140mm rear travel. Add a dual position 150-180 Tavel rs lyric and it’s a quiver killer

That is a beautifully built machine. If you didn't know any better it could pass for a fully human powered bicycle. $ 8800.00 isn't that far off from other high end carbon setups.

Perfect for "Smashing the Trails", as the Rep says.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Hey Grinch you got your DOT approved helmet and DOT approved tires and full insurance for your electric motorcycle yet?

Sounds like RSTBC is scrapping the draft plan they had for all Crown land trails in BC, the original just defined them as a separate user group from moto and from bikes. Now it seems they are going to be considered full motorized and have some insurance and DOT regs thrown in.
    I have no idea really on current regs or how these new ones will apply. I find it hard to believe they’d be ticketing Mt bikers for non dot helmets and tires though putwho knows
    I see the local cycling club here has put out a survey on members thoughts on EMTB access. The ski hill is building trails and apparently will have a fleet of emtb’s.
    I think it could be a great marketing approach for a community or communities. “The number 1 destination for emtb’s in North America”
    Shirk, you should build one. How is your curent diy build doing? Build a high single pivot with the Shimano 7000 mid drive with your current B.B. type pivot tech would be dope

Not that I would ever spend $9K on a bike, but are there any Lapierre dealers in North America? My local E-Bike shop can get just about anything but they said they couldn't get those. The Lapierre North America facebook page hasn't been updated since 2015, and forum postings indicate they stopped selling bikes here in 2016.

Bulls has a similar bike that should be available here though.

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    Not that I would ever spend $9K on a bike, but are there any Lapierre dealers in North America? My local E-Bike shop can get just about anything but they said they couldn't get those. The Lapierre North America facebook page hasn't been updated since 2015, and forum postings indicate they stopped selling bikes here in 2016.

Bulls has a similar bike that should be available here though.
    Good question . I figured there was a North American distributor. I seem to remember some mags getting in on a cheap price on lapierre’s. I think they had a sale on lower end regular full suspension bikes
    The bulls does look very similar. I think it’s a 140mm travel bike though. Pretty sure it has a weight limit as well(200lbs? Not sure)

So I rode an ebike today up the trails behind my house. It is so clearly NOT mountain biking. It's not close to biking. It is just a bullshit scam to ride electric motor bikes on bike trails. (I knew this but the experience was shocking so I felt like it's worth a mention) The "Assist" the motor provided is pretty much stupid. I caught myself wondering how anyone could honestly feel like they were participating in any part of mountain biking on that thing. Buy a moto. Ride it, then go mow your lawn. You'll get a better workout and you won't be try to scam your way into the fold of a group that wants nothing to do with you.

Who rides a bike for a workout? If you were riding for a workout the ideal choice would seem to be a 40 lb Schwinn Cruiser. Going from A to B for fun? Electric assist makes too much sense.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    So I rode an ebike today up the trails behind my house. It is so clearly NOT mountain biking. It's not close to biking. It is just a bullshit scam to ride electric motor bikes on bike trails. (I knew this but the experience was shocking so I felt like it's worth a mention) The "Assist" the motor provided is pretty much stupid. I caught myself wondering how anyone could honestly feel like they were participating in any part of mountain biking on that thing. Buy a moto. Ride it, then go mow your lawn. You'll get a better workout and you won't be try to scam your way into the fold of a group that wants nothing to do with you.
    Really?
    A little biased here?

I bought a180 mm travel front and rear e bike and it's absolutely great.
    I'm riding now 13 hours a week instead of 9 and do twice the downhill.

Getting more exercise, same average pulse and max pulse rate as before.

What's not too like?
    Plus, the downhills are more fun with the bigger suspension travel.

Not quite like a downhill bike, but pretty close.

Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app