Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 3837
  1. #3801
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    13,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    Haibike Fat Six (the hardtail with the Yamaha not the Bosch crap) fit 4.8 tires.
    Think its discontinued but a lot of clowns bought them around 2018 for cheap because they overproduced and were selling them for under 3G. Yamaha is an old school workhorse and serviceable. Guessing a bunch of the people who bought that bike road it like a hipster, probably find a chary one with a bunch of garage dust.
    Sounds like a solid option. Might have to do a fat six search on kijiji

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  2. #3802
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,477
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yes i had assumed they were 26. Ill keep my eye out for a deal on whatever wheelsize. Im not ready to sink a bunch into one. ShortyJ hub motor makes sense in that regard
    Actualy a very reasonable assumption cuz I only figured it out myself after buying the new bigfoot 3 with the bigger wheels and then the old bigfoot which had the smaller wheels
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  3. #3803
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,590
    26" vs 27.5" fat bike tires isn't as much of a difference as you'd think. I think the widest 27.5 tire is about 4.5" where you can get up to 5+" on 26"... the contact patch and wheel diameter is pretty close between those two... ending up at 29 to 30+" height.

    I'm actually glad I have 26" because there are (currently anyway), more tires available in 26" size.

    In other news... holy shit the motor is a game changer! Maybe a little premature but I rode it to the pub via nose hill Park to hit some trails on the way. Mostly downhill but some single track and some punchy little climbs.

    The kit I bought has magnet ring that looks like a cadence sensor, but I think for this kit it just acts like an indication of motion... an on/off switch. Then how much power is delivered seems to be a function of the pedal assist level and your speed.

    Each pedal assist level appears to have a target speed it wants to help you get to. For level one that's about 10km/h, level 2 is about 15, etc. If you're going slower than that speed the motor helps but when you get past that speed it puts a constant 26 watts in as long an you are pedaling... which just takes the edge off my huge knobby tires on the flats.

    But on the punchy climbs, I gear down like normal but it gives me just enough help to not make it miserable, and I'm still getting a workout. Yes!!!

    I did most of this ride in level 1. Not only does it only help up to the target speed but each level seems to have a maximum wattage output. I didn't even get up to 250watts on quite steep little climbs but it was enough to help me climb stuff I failed at before the motor, last year.

    The ride home is over 200m of climbing and I'm going to do some of it in low assist for sustained time and see how that goes, and some at higher assist and see how lazy I can take my drunken ass home. That's the next big test of this setup.

    Still have 96% battery upon arrival (Google says 12km and bike says about 10km so I might need to change something)... so I think the ride home should be a breeze!



    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shorty_J; 10-17-2021 at 03:43 PM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  4. #3804
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,590
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Actualy a very reasonable assumption cuz I only figured it out myself after buying the new bigfoot 3 with the bigger wheels and then the old bigfoot which had the smaller wheels
    Why did you buy the second one?

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  5. #3805
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,590
    Uphill... even more fun. Probably because I'm so dad bod and its such a struggle.

    Was mostly in PA2 (out of 9) but put it up to 5 for the final steep 20m or so before home. (Edited... inwas PA2).

    Used less than 20% of my 15AH battery, got a workout, and had about 4 times the fun at 1.5-2 times the speed.

    I'm pleased!

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shorty_J; 10-17-2021 at 08:53 PM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  6. #3806
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Why did you buy the second one?

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Gf was lusting after FAT bikes,

    Found it on FB, only 500 $ for a virtualy un-used 3 or 4 yr old small sized Norco FAT bike which was a smoking deal, the former owner was a horse woman who wasnt really into bikes near as I can figure
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  7. #3807
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,477
    For all you Fat fucks

    I am not a fat fuck who needs to llose weight cuz I am 162 with a BMI of 24

    But ever time i ride the e-bike I lose weight

    I never used to go sub 160 BUT if I do a fasting weigh in at 7 am

    if I have ridden the bullit the day before instead of being 162 I will be 159
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  8. #3808
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,590
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Gf was lusting after FAT bikes,

    Found it on FB, only 500 $ for a virtualy un-used 3 or 4 yr old small sized Norco FAT bike which was a smoking deal, the former owner was a horse woman who wasnt really into bikes near as I can figure
    If it's older it might work with a bafang mid drive. Pretty sure pano-dude converted his older bigfoot with that. Not sure if that is frame size dependant or not.

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  9. #3809
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,590
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    For all you Fat fucks

    I am not a fat fuck who needs to llose weight cuz I am 162 with a BMI of 24

    But ever time i ride the e-bike I lose weight

    I never used to go sub 160 BUT if I do a fasting weigh in at 7 am

    if I have ridden the bullit the day before instead of being 162 I will be 159
    I'm a fat fuck and this is music to my ears.

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  10. #3810
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    13,678
    Im on the oprah diet. Mega ot over the winter packs it on. Shed over 20lbs this summer because of the consistency the emtb affords. Always start out just going for a rip and it ends up longer. Rest day, f it , thats what boost lapz are for. Same for everyone i know that got one. Theyre riding more hrs and more days. Pretty cool to see how much fun theyre having. Ive got old man muscle now so ill never get back to 140 top fighting weight but i can see 150-155, maybe by the time snow covers the ground. No shoulder season with the eeb. Shitty spinning out on the antique bike is tech fun on the eeb

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  11. #3811
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,477
    I am the epitomy of not fat but i still lose weight riding the e-bike

    So IMO what happens IS that riding the E-bike puts me in THE right HR zone TO burn fat

    go for a long ride get to the top of a climb and check the pulse it will be lowish probably 100 BPM ?

    now do some research on fat burning

    SO when we ride them acoustic bike we are often redlining the heart rate which is not what burns the dad fat

    BUT I am losing weight cuz I am riding at a lower BPM lower than what you would think will burn fat
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  12. #3812
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    13,678
    ^^this. Plus when you build your endurance and burn that fat youre training your body to not burn all your sugars at once. Youll use those more for high output. And when you do put in an effort if intervals or sprints youll recover quicker and be able to do more intervals or sprints because of it. They wont be long intervals though. You have to do more intervals to lengthen those to the 2 minute length.
    The emtb gives you motor pacing and your training , that would otherwise be road work, and still get more lapzzz. Class 1 assist is the perfect happy medium, emphasis on the happy

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  13. #3813
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,562
    Very true.

    I lost weight since the e bike. I'm also riding 12 hours a week instead of 8.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  14. #3814
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
    Posts
    3,579
    Happy birthday to me! Just bought a Moose E Fat. And pedals. And a dropper. And studs.

    Shitmano E8000. 1x11. 27.5x4.8 Studable Vee Tire Snow Avalanche tires.

    It spent time on the stand this afternoon getting the dropper housing installed. Tossed the QR seat post clamp in favor of a bolt. All I need now is for the studs and dropper to arrive. I'll probably need some green anodized grips and bar plugs to match the pedals. It's only a size medium but the dropper will go too high for me if I want, if I need it I have a longer stem. I had to pull the trigger for a couple reasons, there are no large E Fats on the horizon & I get cost plus $100 while I work at the bike shop. Snow is imminent and I'm not sure how much longer I'll be working in the bike shop.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

  15. #3815
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    7,469
    Iím envious, thatís a nice fatty.

  16. #3816
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    8,840
    In 3 weeks (or so) the fat-e bike that the company I rep will be here in the US. It's currently a fairly low spec but it's a 500W hub drive with a 48V battery so it's not terrible. The drivetrain is similarly low grade but it's a fairly robust looking Shimano 7 speed. The kicker is the frame is built ready to accept a mid drive motor so you can choose your own system when you're ready. Retail price is under $2500 US. I'll post pics as soon as I can in a few weeks but I hope to be able to get some info to you all if there's interest so we can set up a buy through a shop somewhere..

  17. #3817
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,477
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    In 3 weeks (or so) the fat-e bike that the company I rep will be here in the US. It's currently a fairly low spec but it's a 500W hub drive with a 48V battery so it's not terrible. The drivetrain is similarly low grade but it's a fairly robust looking Shimano 7 speed. The kicker is the frame is built ready to accept a mid drive motor so you can choose your own system when you're ready. Retail price is under $2500 US. I'll post pics as soon as I can in a few weeks but I hope to be able to get some info to you all if there's interest so we can set up a buy through a shop somewhere..
    Its cool that it come center mount compatible but won't you just be competing in that < 3000 $ bike low spec market which should be be pretty lucrative ?

    I do see lots of those bikes around small town, a couple of non-gear head buddies have ordered them on-line/ delivered to their door for 2700 $ they are bascily electric motorcycles that don't need to be peddled, I don't know how much rough duty i would expect from them ?

    The Giant hardtail I won last summer was < 3k brand new and it was a center mount

    but there are only maybe 5 real mountain bikes in town

    real as in real expensive
    Last edited by XXX-er; 11-04-2021 at 04:17 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  18. #3818
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,477
    I only got out on 1 ride after the 5" of snow, the Bullit does handle snow amazingly well but mtn biking is done, till spring

    Besides snow shutting down the mtn biking after a couple months riding/ 600kms/ 50hrs the Bullit is throwing an E010 code 45 seconds after startup which is a system error which really doesnt say much, it is the same error I get if the bike moves at all during a power-on sequence, normaly I just re-boot but that is not working

    Shopbro said to make sure that battery interface is really clean, so i cleaned the contacts also put contact enhancer on the electrical connections, I connected via bluetooth with the Shimano E-tube program to update the firmware to the latest ( it was .1 down) read the error codes but all it sez is I got E010 system errors which I already know and I still get the system error throwing codes,

    I'm not riding it anyhow not much of a rush to get it fixed so i will just take it in at xmas
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  19. #3819
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I only got it out on 1 ride after the 5" of snow Bullit does handle snow amazingly well but mtn biking is done, till spring

    On startup after a couple months riding/ 600kms/ 50hrs the Bullit is throwing an E010 code 45 seconds after startup which is a system error. Shopbro said to make sure that battery interface is really clean, so i cleaned the contacts also put contact enhancer on the electrical, connect via bluetooth updated firmware to the latest but its still throwing codes, I'm not riding it anyhow so i will just take it in at xmas
    I am interested to hear what the solution ends up being. There have been some E10 error threads getting activity lately.

  20. #3820
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,477
    With the snow there is no rush to get it fixed so it will probably be the new year till it gets fixed but definatley I will post, I'm betting its the battery

    As I mentioned if the bike moves at all during the POR sequence its normaI to get E010 but its now pretty much a hard down system error

    this is reminding me of work and that I am breaking 2 of the rule of 3T's with an E-bike
    Last edited by XXX-er; 11-23-2021 at 08:36 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  21. #3821
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    13,678
    Dreaded e010 code. A lot of times its the tourque sensor. After tou turn it on and with the bike on the ground irt flips that error as soon as you tourque on the pedals thats probably it. You cant replicate it in the stand. You need the bike tires on the ground to get enough tourque for the error. Lbs plugs it in to the puter and is prompted through a series of test to determine the code. Make sure they test the tourque sensor as i said.
    If thats the case i'd get it sent to shimano canada asap in case you have a long wait for restock of warrantee motors.
    My first motor had that issue at 1800km and it took 4 months for shimano can to get warrantee motors pre covid. New motor is working well after 3700km this summer

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  22. #3822
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,477
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Dreaded e010 code. A lot of times its the tourque sensor. After tou turn it on and with the bike on the ground irt flips that error as soon as you tourque on the pedals thats probably it. You cant replicate it in the stand. You need the bike tires on the ground to get enough tourque for the error. Lbs plugs it in to the puter and is prompted through a series of test to determine the code. Make sure they test the tourque sensor as i said.
    If thats the case i'd get it sent to shimano canada asap in case you have a long wait for restock of warrantee motors.
    My first motor had that issue at 1800km and it took 4 months for shimano can to get warrantee motors pre covid. New motor is working well after 3700km this summer

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    yeah its throing the E010 code pretty much right away even with the bike off the ground, sometimes after 45 sec and maybe every 15th time it completes it's POR . I was lucky the Bullit waited for the end of the season before shitting the bed, the Santa Cruz part has been awesume, while the Shimano part has failed, shop bro said to bring it in and they will put it on the puter, since its a 4 hr drive I'm gona wait till I go down at xmas which is only a month away
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  23. #3823
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    13,678
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah its throing the E010 code pretty much right away even with the bike off the ground, sometimes after 45 sec and maybe every 15th time it completes it's POR . I was lucky the Bullit waited for the end of the season before shitting the bed, the Santa Cruz part has been awesume, while the Shimano part has failed, shop bro said to bring it in and they will put it on the puter, since its a 4 hr drive I'm gona wait till I go down at xmas which is only a month away
    Great timing. Its very unpredictable and does happen to a number of units. A lot of units never have the problem and it seemed to jappen more with the e8000. Youll get a new motor i guess and hopefully it won't have that problem. You may get a new motor within days of a failed diagnostic test but then you may have to wait a while for shimano canada to have stock. Youll be looked after its just when. I'd plan for a long wait and hope for a short wait.
    Im seeing a couple euro companies building or planning on building fully serviceable motors with the shimano bolt pattern. In the near future we'll have some options if need be. One guy i see building adapters to mount bafang mid drive motors in place of bosch and shimano motors. It'd be nice to have a back up system of dome sort just to have or for trips

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  24. #3824
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,477
    the bike is only 2.5 months old so its on warranty and besides riding is done for probabaly 3-4 months

    its a bit of a downer for sure but a certain amount of shit will break or have problems so I'm not going to be all fuck shimano about it like some cheese eating school boy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  25. #3825
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    13,678
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the bike is only 2.5 months old so its on warranty and besides riding is done for probabaly 3-4 months

    its a bit of a downer for sure but a certain amount of shit will break or have problems so I'm not going to be all fuck shimano about it like some cheese eating school boy
    Early days. Try buying a bike and the motor dying end of may , shimano not returning calls for 3+ months then after numerous efforts the bike company secures a motor after 4 months and most of the summer missed. Im sure you'd be a shimano fanboi 4life eh.
    Nice bike as is mine but i want a bosch bike. 40% more milage on the same size battery, steady stock of parts and warrantee stock, super quick turn around, better tourque etc etc etc

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •