Page 111 of 197 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    1" with a quill stem, eh. The bikes fit is a bit cramped for my comfort and I found that the fit "is what it is" with that stem. Too many cheap mountain bikes bikes available to build on.

If I up the budget and be patriotic and spend my Corona check, might get a pair of ebikes for the Mrs and me.

I see Rad Rovers go by the back yard on occasion. The look of the stance / geometry fits my eye. Front suspension. Rear hub drive. I'd still want some rear suspension for washboard sections of the forest service roads. 3" would work. I should test ride one for the experience of ebiking.

Attachment 322403
    my sister came down to wait out the apocalypse with me. I talked her into renting an e bike. she rented this bike. I will check it out tomorrow but she did 20 miles the other day and was pretty happy. anything particular you want me to check out? looks like a tank 65lbs
    off your knees Louie

The Rad Rover is local built, not pricey and I don't see many used for sale so it piqued my interest. Your impressions from the seat would be welcome. I'm really looking for a 2 wheel version of my 2000 Jeep TJ. Check these thoughts please. Does it feel like 65lbs as a bicycle? A 65lb motorcycle on FS roads sounds sweet. How would it handle moderate speed single track? Is braking smooth and even? Hard tail thoughts? Since it's a rental, how high did you huck it?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    The Rad Rover is local built,
    You're in China?
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Local importer?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    I have a friend who bought a solar generator, was pretty expensive but he said He wanted to be ready for the apocalypse, that was last fall, thought he was being ridiculous then, I’ll see if I can dig up what he got, but I seem to remember it being in the 3 grand range. I picked up a spare battery as I’m not much of a camper anymore but if I had a camper van and was gonna spend some time in more remote places I’d consider it

Edit: this is what my buddy got and what he has to say about it.

It's awesome...used it a ton during black outs. Solar panel is a joke though. If you use on briefcase panel (big fucker) takes a full week to charge the unit...you need a few panels to make a difference and the aren'r cheap or small.

https://www.amazon.com/Goal-Zero-Por...SpF6gLAunq7pIY
    Thanks for looking that up and yes that is probably the best option to get a reliable charge without a wall charge. Besides the $$ this is not the option I want as my Van setup is minimal with a floor, bed and a couple of storage boxes and is going to stay that way. So that amount of power is way overkill for me plus regardless of the charger it takes a long time to charge a Ebike battery. Anyway, in my situation I think it is best to take my pedal bikes to places that don't like ebikes like Bend and places where we are out in the field and no chance for a wall mount. So, on trips might be best option to camp for a couple of days and stay at a motel for a nite. We can then eat out and get a shower as well. Thanks again just looking for options.

Bafang Bigfoot update, battery bag one of two zippers shit the bed. Non drive side crank arm wiggled loose on a ride and didn't notice right away. May have pooched it, stupid square tapered cranks don't like to be loose.

Otherwise I've been cranking out the gravel miles while trails are thawing out. Can easily do 40km level 1 assist on half a battery. Really giggled when I climbed the hill leaving town going to my place at 15km/hr level 3assist, it's 9%grade. Non e bike speeds are 5km/hr.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Bafang Bigfoot update, battery bag one of two zippers shit the bed. Non drive side crank arm wiggled loose on a ride and didn't notice right away. May have pooched it, stupid square tapered cranks don't like to be loose.

Otherwise I've been cranking out the gravel miles while trails are thawing out. Can easily do 40km level 1 assist on half a battery. Really giggled when I climbed the hill leaving town going to my place at 15km/hr level 3assist, it's 9%grade. Non e bike speeds are 5km/hr.

Check and tighten the BB tightener bracket every once in a while. You might noticed the motor shifting when you goose the throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post

Dammit... I'm pretty sure I want one for mine but it's really not in the budget right now.

And I don't really know my way around a bike and worry I can't do the install myself.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

here you go wooley12
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebike.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	272.9 KB 
ID:	324725
    the bike can handle graded forest service roads. Seems like the walmart version of an ebike. Heavy at 65 pounds so a little bit difficult to put on the bike rack. Geometry seems weird and the weight makes it seem a little off balance. I would say ride it. If it feels comfortable to you and is your price range the functioning electric parts seem to work ok. She probably has 100 miles on it with no problems.
    off your knees Louie

Thanks. That looks like what I'd be dealing with 90% of the time. How did it carry that 65lbs? Balanced and low or high and noticeable? I really need to corner an ebike rider going by the house and get some seat time on the different power systems.

like a 1986 Grand Wagoneer
    off your knees Louie

Got it.

We fell off the first page

I started finding the limits of my bike recently. I need a few degrees slacker up front and a burlier tire out back. We've had absolutely stellar hero dirt from heaven conditions for like a month and a half now, some places are in the best shape in 10 years or more. My old haunt is in the best shape in 20 years and I've been eating it up. Old Skool northeast abuse and tech, riding along doing your thing and these sounds come out of you from deep within and if you get it right they're followed with girly giggles, if you get it wrong it's a nuts to the stem grunt. Being on the e-mtb means I can hit obstacles at the right speed, pull the spin up into a move thing on a climb and roll up climbs that used to be pushes without being so whooped I miss the move.

Hey $2 we need to hook up, I know your trails are closed statewide so lets coordinate and I'll show you some Lower Hudson Valley goodz.

Im jelly. Still snowed in here. Park is closed so cant get up high for a ski. Hope the trails open soon.
    I see NY just made ebikes legal a couple weeks ago

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

We are actually supposed to get an inch or so tonight with a bit more north of me, if it's still on the ground in the morning I'm going to try and get out for the only snow ride of the year. My biggest storm was under 5" back in mid December but it was over ice and mud so wouldn't have been any fun to ride in. Otherwise it has been the most amazing conditions, just sublime.

Yeah but streets only, no dirt I guess we have to start somewhere. I am finding more places where towns or counties don't have a policy against them which almost means that it's ok to ride an e-mtb on their land so that's what's happening. It's a movement man...

Stimulus checks are here. 5 new ebikes went past my deck in the last 30 minutes.

Did you order yours?

Not yet. Most ebikes that I see go past are heavy low sprung utes with a rear rack to hold stuff heading up to the lake. I walk the tral a bit. I'm (ther goes 2 more, fat tires) gonna talk my way to a ride when the opportunity presents itself. I want to try before I buy and I've never been an early adapter. Get it from my mom maybe. Got her hand caught in the wringer before dad could convince her to let him buy her one of those new spin dry washer machines.

Definitely go try one asap. Cant bc ski around here without a big approach and yhe national park up high is closed. Still melting snow on the valley trails so went arpund town on some mostly dry flat walking trails mjxed with road. Went for a few hours in eco and only used about 30% of my battery. It was so nice. Im not into road work at all anymore. Give me dirt or death kind of thing. It was fun though. Nice endurance pace workout. Barely broke a sweat and like having a wind at your back. Perfect early season enjoyment. Just go everywhere and look around. No limits when you have that assist at your finger tips. I was full body tired after but at endurance pace i can recover and go the next day.
    Just watched this podcast. Pretty informative. Then near the end it talks on the new haibike and the lapierre. Cool bikes. That haibike with the gen4 bosch and the mega battery would be a hoot. I like it. The new Nico designed lapierre is so nice too. Such great designs

He makes a lot of good points. Level headed guy

Yeah I'm not putting my info with home address out there either.

Ya thats weird. Thieves would be all over that

The Jeff K-W video a pretty fair summary and he makes the important distinction of trails being opened on local basis after the fact. The downside that he doesn't list is that linking MTB access with e-bike access risks us losing access or funding in some places for both groups. There is another guy on youtube (who I won't link) who is a total dildo, mischaracterizing the situation and trying to make it sound like you can't ride an e-bike on most BLM trails already.

The trail conflict issue was one we had when the people who were "Nicest people who you meet are on a Honda" discovered dirt bikes. Advice form the AMA was to slow down and stop when passing hikers. Take off your helmet (important to look human) and say hi. Good for PR and It worked most of the time. Worked ok when I met the farmer 1 mile out onto his farm. Rode up to him and took my helmet off. I asked him for the best way out and he said "The way you came in." He wasn't smiling but didn't yell.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tahoe...d=FSEPRD719803

The Tahoe National Forest has removed its earlier statement, first published on this website July 9, 2019, which extended opportunities for class 1 e-bike riders to use recommended non-motorized trails in the Forest.

E bike use is currently not allowed on NFS roads and trails unless they are designated for motor vehicle use. E-bike use in the Tahoe National Forest is currently allowed only on NFS roads, on NFS trails, and in areas on NFS lands that are designated for motor vehicle use, as reflected on a motor vehicle use map.