Page 115 of 197 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 4912
    Wonder if someone yelled at him critically while he was vulnerable crumpled in the dirt?

https://swind.life/products/swind-eb-01-mountain/

6x as powerful as a class 1 emtb. Bet she has some kick

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Wonder if someone yelled at him critically while he was vulnerable crumpled in the dirt?
    Thanks for the laugh!

You mean for riding an ebike, or just for being a giant douchebag in general?

So, my buddy Pete was riding DH at Tamarack a few weeks ago. Some fuckstick was riding his ebike UP the DH trail, and hit Pete, breaking his finger, and now he needs surgery. (NO EBIKES ALLOWED) Dude gave hIm $200, but now refuses to pay for the surgery. Pete has hired a personal injury lawyer.
    Sean Mcclendon is the shithead.
    supposedly a ‘pro’ ebiker or some shit.
    He works at Deity.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

This must be him. "known for his lax style and sick whips"
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/sean-m...sion-2010.html

Must've been training for this video.

Ebiker or not Sean sounds like a douche that apparently is illiterate.

Good on Pete for getting himself a personal injury lawyer. Not sure how much he'll get out of Sean, but either way, ignoring the rules of a trail is just shitty behavior.

I ended up riding a RIP e9 this weekend to the other side of the Boise ridge road and back. I can certainly see their place in the scheme of things and I've never actually enjoyed riding up 8th Street to the ridge road like I did on Saturday and Sunday. The moto trails dropping down are still sandy and loose, but sure was a fun way to go explore.....and I didn't run out of battery power.

Yeah, this isn’t really about ebikes vs. non ebikes, it’s about shitheads who don’t take responsibility for their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yeah, this isn’t really about ebikes vs. non ebikes, it’s about shitheads who don’t take responsibility for their actions.
    Yep, too much of that going around in the world today. Pete as in Pete M? I think we both know him if that's the case.

Absolutely. He worked for me for years.

If you're riding up a trail that is very obviously a dedicated, fast dh trail you're a douche and deserve to have your world turned inside out. On the e-mtb I climb fire/work roads and doubletracks whenever possible if they're available.

Eeber was in the wrong because of signage. Id like to see the vid if there was one. Just curious of how it could be avoided , if thats even possible. Some dh trails allow them both ways and its without issue. Thinking of squamish where mtb has taken over some of the old moto trials trails so you might see mtbers going down or moto trials, and occasionally emtb, going up. No idea on this trail where the accident happened but wondering if oppsite direction riders where to be expected(legal) would the accident have occured? Griz just did the emtb shootout with vitalmtb. Vital and griz(Mclendon)seem like decent folks and somewhat hesitant to be involved in emtb , or atleast cautious to enter the fray, but they seemed to have fun on them and did all the testing on moto trails out of respect to trail advocacy issues.Sucks that he did that and sucks more that someone got hurt. Hope it isnt too bad. As mtbers we do break fingers. Mine have healed without issue or any healthcare after the fact. Hopefully your friend is the same

Eeber was in the wrong because of signage. Id like to see the vid if there was one. Just curious of how it could be avoided , if thats even possible. Some dh trails allow them both ways and its without issue. Thinking of squamish where mtb has taken over some of the old moto trials trails so you might see mtbers going down or moto trials, and occasionally emtb, going up. No idea on this trail where the accident happened but wondering if oppsite direction riders where to be expected(legal) would the accident have occured? Griz just did the emtb shootout with vitalmtb. Vital and griz(Mclendon)seem like decent folks and somewhat hesitant to be involved in emtb , or atleast cautious to enter the fray, but they seemed to have fun on them and did all the testing on moto trails out of respect to trail advocacy issues.Sucks that he did that and sucks more that someone got hurt. Hope it isnt too bad. As mtbers we do break fingers. Mine have healed without issue or any healthcare after the fact. Hopefully your friend is the same

Pete's finger was pretty fucked up. Multiple fractures in a finger bone that wouldn't heal properly with a simple splint, thus surgery to keep all 3 parts of the bone that was fractured back in place.

Had my 1st encounter with E-riders at the top of Leverich about a week ago.

They were completely clueless, old and AFAICT were on some rentals.

I gave them a great big, "good morning, beautiful day isn't it" and went on my way. If they tried to ride down that trail it would be more than enough punishment.

Occasionally you get idiots who try and ride up the downhill only portion of that trail in spite of the signage. Douches be douches no matter what they are riding.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I saw Pete’s FB post...I had no idea it was Griz riding up. I figured it was some white tennie wearing doughy fuck. Griz, if anyone, should know better than to ride up a DH trail. That sucks he’s being a douche about it. He was the most Pro-E on that really good Vital podcast about the E-mtb test, fully embracing his desk jockey/dad status.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Pete's finger was pretty fucked up. Multiple fractures in a finger bone that wouldn't heal properly with a simple splint, thus surgery to keep all 3 parts of the bone that was fractured back in place.
    Damn! Hope your buddy will heal quick
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Had my 1st encounter with E-riders at the top of Leverich about a week ago.

They were completely clueless, old and AFAICT were on some rentals.

I gave them a great big, "good morning, beautiful day isn't it" and went on my way. If they tried to ride down that trail it would be more than enough punishment.

Occasionally you get idiots who try and ride up the downhill only portion of that trail in spite of the signage. Douches be douches no matter what they are riding.
    Nice to see you have an open mind and glad you just enjoyed your day

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I saw Pete’s FB post...I had no idea it was Griz riding up. I figured it was some white tennie wearing doughy fuck. Griz, if anyone, should know better than to ride up a DH trail. That sucks he’s being a douche about it. He was the most Pro-E on that really good Vital podcast about the E-mtb test, fully embracing his desk jockey/dad status.

Its tempting to try challenging climbs on trails that you know so i kind of get where he's coming from. Doesnt make it right. A lot of dhers , as you probably know, almost think of broken fingers as something minor. This break doesnt sound minor though and i hope he steps up and makes it right without the need for lawyers

JFC man, I don’t give a fuck what bike is involved...DONT RIDE UP DH TRAILS AT OPEN BIKE PARKS. It’s so simple. “Tempting”.....c’mon dude. You don’t need to defend every tiny bit of #ebikelyfe. Lifts were running and Griz has probably ridden down that trail 200 times.

No it's not tempting to ride up a DH trail at an open bike park. It's tempting to ride up silly steep things far off in the woods when there's nobody around though, I'll give you that. In fact, I tend to aim for some of the craziest climbs around just to see if I can but I don't think I'd do it on a weekend or other busy day because I don't want to be the guy that ruins someone else's day.

If anyone is looking for a good buy on a good city bike that folds up and fits in the trunk of your Uber after you ride to the bar and drink too much, this might be what you're looking for. Sold for $1400 last summer. They're going to all fat tire bikes, I think, and wouldn't be surprised if the price on these fell some more. I have the pro version and have been riding the hell out of it for a year and have only had to tighten a couple bolts on the kickstand.

https://www.joulvert.com/collections...-folding-ebike

JFC man, I don’t give a fuck what bike is involved...DONT RIDE UP DH TRAILS AT OPEN BIKE PARKS. It’s so simple. “Tempting”.....c’mon dude. You don’t need to defend every tiny bit of #ebikelyfe. Lifts were running and Griz has probably ridden down that trail 200 times.

Triggered much? I said he was in the wrong meaning he shouldnt have done it. Both of those things doesnt mean its not tempting or youre excused from doing it. I said in the previous post i have no idea of the trail or the actual situation, if it was blind turn or whatever. There was no previous suggestion that it was at a bike park dh trail on a dh trail or a link. You fuckwits ban them everywhere. How was i supposed to know it was a bike park. Remain on your high horse bud idgaf
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    No it's not tempting to ride up a DH trail at an open bike park. It's tempting to ride up silly steep things far off in the woods when there's nobody around though, I'll give you that. In fact, I tend to aim for some of the craziest climbs around just to see if I can but I don't think I'd do it on a weekend or other busy day because I don't want to be the guy that ruins someone else's day.
    See above. Youre making shit up

“E=rideit;6050159]So, my buddy Pete was riding DH at Tamarack a few weeks ago. Some fuckstick was riding his ebike UP the DH trail, and hit Pete, breaking his finger, and now he needs surgery. (NO EBIKES ALLOWED)”
    You literally replied to this comment. Granted you said there are DH trails that allow 2-way traffic...but I’m getting used to your nonsense. The original post also states that Pete needs surgery, but you missed that. So yeah man, I’m triggered when I hear that my friend Pete got hurt in a dumb incident involving a dude who used to race pro DH riding up a resort DH trail on an e-bike the week after I heard the guy say he only rides e-bikes because he has desk job and kids and is not as fit as he once was. I was tempted to respond and talk some shit, so there ya go. There is no defense for what Griz was doing.

“E=rideit;6050159]So, my buddy Pete was riding DH at Tamarack a few weeks ago. Some fuckstick was riding his ebike UP the DH trail, and hit Pete, breaking his finger, and now he needs surgery. (NO EBIKES ALLOWED)”
    You literally replied to this comment. Granted you said there are DH trails that allow 2-way traffic...but I’m getting used to your nonsense. The original post also states that Pete needs surgery, but you missed that. So yeah man, I’m triggered when I hear that my friend Pete got hurt in a dumb incident involving a dude who used to race pro DH riding up a resort DH trail on an e-bike the week after I heard the guy say he only rides e-bikes because he has desk job and kids and is not as fit as he once was. I was tempted to respond and talk some shit, so there ya go. There is no defense for what Griz was doing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I didnt know what tamarack is. Apparently its a bike park. I was wondering what kind of trail it was if it wasnt a bike park just out of curiousity. You also gleaned over my posts like i missed things in rideits original post, or forgot, and not knowing it was a bike park. Then you got triggered and all self righteous. Not surprised. Condescending is your mo .I get it you hate ebikes and me for various reasons. Id suggest the ignore function. Then you can preach at will

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Nice bootlicking bud. Slurp it up. Maybe you and gavitylover can switch boots occasionally