Page 78 of 197 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    So is the Brose motor both torque and speed sensing?
    Yes, all of the factory mid drives are I think. The big difference in Brose is k it's belt driven. It has a soft whir compared to Yamaha, Bosch and Shimano. It also has less take up slack and a less abrupt start up. it also has a nice feel when unpowered. I haven't ridden the Rocky power play or the new Fazua systems but so far the Brose has been the one that seems most natural and quietest

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    LapzzzAttachment 291748

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    👍👍. I need some of that!

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    You might, but I definitely don't.
    I use a heart rate monitor that also measures calories.

No matter what the sport, bc skiing, mountsin biking, e mountain biking, running, i use about 500-600 calories an hour.

Which i figure is about my limit of riding hard, but not crazy.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by m56b63 View Post
    Yes, all of the factory mid drives are I think. The big difference in Brose is k it's belt driven. It has a soft whir compared to Yamaha, Bosch and Shimano. It also has less take up slack and a less abrupt start up. it also has a nice feel when unpowered. I haven't ridden the Rocky power play or the new Fazua systems but so far the Brose has been the one that seems most natural and quietest
    I saw a picture of the Brose with the cover off online but did not notice it had a belt.

One thing I do notice with my hub drive 750W Bafang motor is the slightest pedal movement with PAS on and the motor kick in nearly instantaneously which has caused me some bike handling issues mostly when walking with the bike. Pretty sure mine is speed sensing only.

Replaced my cheapo factory grips with a set of Chinese ergon knock offs that are for the right hand grip shift setup. Its a tad long but the clamp gets good enough purchase on the right side bar to be tight. My bike has a twist throttle. The old ones had no clamp and would constantly twist while I was riding. So annoying.
    watch out for snakes

LapzzzAttachment 291748

SWEET!
    watch out for snakes

Cant dispute the work out if youre completely tapped wonering if you can make it to the bottom. No heart rate check just the "completely hanging check". Drooling had to get off and walk a couple switchbacks. 1700ft climb off the top of the gondi each lap. First 2 laps were in trail mode(i shouldve timed it) then had to conserve battery on the last lap so did that in eco. 5640ft of dh/lap .motor shut off 80ft from the truck in the upper lot and felt like i was dragging a boat anchor. Tendins in my fingers are cooked, legs cramping on the last down. Absolutely worked. J need more fitness and more downs. Out o shape and major rust built up. Bike park is pretty damn good. A few of the jumps dont make sense but there is a bunch of great little sections. Hip to hip, a few nice step uos, and quite a few transfers. 5640ft is a lot to memorize

Views mehClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190819_124137.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	291805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190819_170438.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	291806Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190819_153420.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	291807

Looks way crowded.
    watch out for snakes

Haa, i was expecting line ups, especially at the base, with the mountain coaster people. I rolled onto both the base and mid station gondi straight away. 15-20 riders id see each climb or waiting yo drop in at the top and a few hikers here and there. Little congestion on the one trail. Im not sure what its like on the weekend. Laps take about an hour and a half . Gondi up, 50ish minute climb, 10-15 minute chill at the top and 20-30 minute dh. I didnt time anything but i think that was my time to make sure i got on for last lift. Took a couple breaks on each downhill to straighten the fingers.

So mine has a walk mode in the controller but it doesn't do anything. Every now and then it's needed and would be awfully nice to have. How do I enable it?

Did you try it in a high gear? If its in the easiest gear its like nothing is happening

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So mine has a walk mode in the controller but it doesn't do anything. Every now and then it's needed and would be awfully nice to have. How do I enable it?
    What Grinch Said plus, on mine you have to continually hold the switch that increases the power level. My bike starts slow and seems to pick up speed the longer you have it held down. 3rd or 4th gear and itll move the bike about 2 or 3 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmy2dollars View Post
    What Grinch Said plus, on mine you have to continually hold the switch that increases the power level. My bike starts slow and seems to pick up speed the longer you have it held down. 3rd or 4th gear and itll move the bike about 2 or 3 mph
    Haa props for the better off dead quote for the username. M series is like someone has stuck a kick me sign on your back

Nice looking whip grinch.

Haa props for the better off dead quote for the username. M series is like someone has stuck a kick me sign on your back

Hey thanks! Didn't know if anyone would get the reference. I used to rip the downs yelling that at my friend Jack.... Kind of a running joke. Hadn't thought of it till I needed to come up with a name. Funny movie from a simpler time . Emtb's are the consolation prize I guess ��

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Nice looking whip grinch.
    Thanks man. So far soo good

Grinch, you say your wrists hurt, understandable with all that downhill. Ever try any of the Ergon grips? Their really nice. Gottm on all our bikes now

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I've got an old Surly 1x1 that I'm thinking about throwing a Bafang 750W on and fitting it for commuting mainly. Any issues with rocking one of these on a single speed? I could throw on a rear derailleur of course, but trying to do this thing on a budget.
    The BBS02 motors generally need gearing to keep you from burning them up, electric mid drive motors like to run at high rpms. So if you are riding on any sort of hills and can't shift, it will bog down the motor which results in heat which results in broke.

You could look at the BBSHD which is much more heavy duty but it's significantly more expensive and weighs a lot more. I converted a single speed Kona Unit and the drivetrain stuff wasn't too expensive. You want older 8 speed stuff because the cassettes are made of steel and the chains are stronger. I think I paid $20 for a steel Sunrace widespeed cassette, $15 for a KMC chain, and $50 or so for a SRAM 8 speed derailleur and shifter. Way cheaper than burning up a motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmy2dollars View Post
    Grinch, you say your wrists hurt, understandable with all that downhill. Ever try any of the Ergon grips? Their really nice. Gottm on all our bikes now
    I havent. Arthiritis has set in. Was wondering if i could continue riding back in the early 90's after many years/miles fully rigid hammering through horse steps. Suspension then was a merlin ti bar and the widest tire available(at the time that was fisher fattrax2.02 or spesh hardpack 2.025). Real suspension gave me life but the damage had started. Thinnest grips are best for me for grip. Best grips i ever had were ultra thin oakley bmx but ive settled on tge thinnest lock ons now. Tried glue on renthals but its a pain if you have to swap things on the bar. Good travel suspension thats supple on braking bumps helps a lot. Going back to a small diameter aluminium bar and trying my levers at half frenchy angle and going to add those 220 rotors. Also part of the reason ill boost the travel in the fork. Its something i do focus on

Cant dispute the work out if youre completely tapped wonering if you can make it to the bottom. No heart rate check just the "completely hanging check". Drooling had to get off and walk a couple switchbacks. 1700ft climb off the top of the gondi each lap. First 2 laps were in trail mode(i shouldve timed it) then had to conserve battery on the last lap so did that in eco. 5640ft of dh/lap .motor shut off 80ft from the truck in the upper lot and felt like i was dragging a boat anchor. Tendins in my fingers are cooked, legs cramping on the last down. Absolutely worked. J need more fitness and more downs. Out o shape and major rust built up. Bike park is pretty damn good. A few of the jumps dont make sense but there is a bunch of great little sections. Hip to hip, a few nice step uos, and quite a few transfers. 5640ft is a lot to memorize

As a side not to this, if i had my normal base level fitness id still probably tap out before the battery if i used eco all day. That being said, theres lots of uber fit pink lungs that could drain the 540w battery , of the decoy, using eco mode all ride. Theyd still have a good workout though and could climb somewhere around 6500ft , without any flat approach, and maybe over 7500ft with the release of yt's 650w battery scheduled to release early next year

Quote Originally Posted by saukit View Post
    The BBS02 motors generally need gearing to keep you from burning them up, electric mid drive motors like to run at high rpms. So if you are riding on any sort of hills and can't shift, it will bog down the motor which results in heat which results in broke.

You could look at the BBSHD which is much more heavy duty but it's significantly more expensive and weighs a lot more. I converted a single speed Kona Unit and the drivetrain stuff wasn't too expensive. You want older 8 speed stuff because the cassettes are made of steel and the chains are stronger. I think I paid $20 for a steel Sunrace widespeed cassette, $15 for a KMC chain, and $50 or so for a SRAM 8 speed derailleur and shifter. Way cheaper than burning up a motor.
    Good to know, thanks. I can definitely go for gear on the bike too, just thought the singlespeed would be nice and simple. Definitely hills round here to contend with. Might upsize it to a 29er anyway

^ Not only do I have few problems with regulating things a bit better I look forward to it, especially if it will reduce the proliferation of unnecessary garbage out there like excessively powered class 2 'bikes'. Unfortunately the enforcement is where the problem is, the resources are not there (anywhere) to put people on the ground watching and waiting for the problem bikes to arrive. Whether it's as they're arriving here in the country or as people get on them and ride. There are just too many places that people ride to have rangers monitoring things sufficiently. If it's really so terrible then local law enforcement ought to be stopping me as I'm driving around with my bike on the rack but again, resources...

Quote Originally Posted by saukit View Post
    I don't know why I haven't heard this before and why I didn't think of it myself but it makes good sense. I think I'll be downshifting a lot more often going forward. Thanks.

@Grinch - Go Ergon and don't look back, it really will help. I can ride a pretty fair length of time before my hands fall asleep or just don't work well anymore.

Pic just before last light last night after a 2 mile climb and before another 7 miles of singletrack goodness. That fork has so totally transformed the bike and turned it into a trail eating animal Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190820_194309.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	291922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190820_194226.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	291923

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    The fullness of time has turned me completely around. I’m having probably 5ish incidents a week with people being ridiculous with these things.

I was wrong, the whole thing is just a way to have an unregulated moped free-for-all.

I don’t even need to see the bike anymore. Old lady hauling wobbly ass against traffic on the wrong side of the street on some step-through beach cruiser? Ebike. Barely making the blind turn on the bike path scattering a family trying to take their little kids to the beach? ebike. 30 mph uphill on the sidewalk? Ebike.

I don’t know man, enjoy it while it lasts I guess...I really can’t see this expansion continuing without prompting some regulatory and enforcement responses.
    Living in a heavily touristed area with an amazing bike path system, I have yet to really notice many problems, yet. Tons of rentals round these parts too. For whatever reason, maybe it is because this is the first summer where ebikes were allowed, but I feel like there's been relatively few instances where they were a problem, of course, I'm not all-seeing. Maybe there have been a ton that I don't know about. I'm just psyched to get one to commute on a daily basis.

There has to be a learning curve, especially when it comes to appropriate speed and definitely courtesy and enforcing rules sadly has to play a part for some. Common sense rules , although common sense seems in short supply looking at some of the car driveds out there.
    Another thing i found funny that when i was climbing up the trail from the top of the gondi i would catch a few people on regular bikes and as soon as they looked back id tell them i was in no hurry , ill get by when its wide or your comfortable . Id just sit back a bit but they all stopped unnecessarily. Id just say hi beautiful day(it was), most would say something similar in return and wed carry on. The stoke climb is multi use as it accesses the alpone hiking as well as the 5620 dh trail. Hikers have right away. Most everyone was friendly. I always stopped to let the hikers by. Some looked at me like a weirdo for stopping . Those i just said hi and looked at the few or pretended to be finding purchase. i wasnt looking for a convo, no prob to stop as there wasnt that many people it was ez. Emtb's are promoted for use and rented at the resort/bike park. A few friendly families and seniors. Hikers were all cool. Most of the bikers too. 2 groups of 2 were kind of grumpy and just mumbled to each other and startdd bitching when they thought i was out of ear shot. A fit mom and her kid and 2 that stumbled a number of times on minor technical bits on the climb but obviously knew of the controversy surrounding eebs and were lemmings proud of their knowledge of said controversy, i guess they forgot that the gondola operates with a motor and the eebs are kind of promored at the hill. Whatever, over 90% just said hi and dome variation of beauty day or beauty place. Funny enough the bikers that didnt stop for hikers were the protester lemmongs and some fit experienced riders(they were friendly enough it seemed but they didnt really give way to the hikers oonsider it). Overall though, little drama , common courtesy, and brief friendly greetings, very similar as when im on a regular bike. . Hi and a smile goes a long way. Everyone should try it

Best grips i ever had were ultra thin oakley bmx but ive settled on tge thinnest lock ons now. Tried glue on renthals but its a pain if you have to swap things on the bar.
    If you end up hating Ergon like I did, you could try some silicone grips. The problem with the thinnest lock-ons is that the sleeve takes up some of the thickness, so you don't get much padding. The disadvantage to silicone is that they're not lock-on, but there's no sleeve, so it's all padding. I never thought I'd use a non-lock-on grip again, but they're worth it to me. The ESI Racer's Edge are just right.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.