Page 58 of 197 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Notice how none of them have acknowledged any positives but instead likened them to mx bikes when they’re clearly designed for mtb ing.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Or 'PedalMX'!
    McMountainbiking. (TM)

Ba dap da da da. I'm Lovin' it.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 11-11-2018 at 07:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Got to play with this thing today...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	255117

Amazing. I can see the appeal; so damn easy on the uphills. Just sit and spin and watch the scenery go by. But it’s a tank on the downhills; very slow steering response.

In a few years, when the weight on these things drops, I would be all over a bike like this.

Go big
    Ural shows off slick electric motorcycle with sidecar using Zero's powertrain - Electrekhttps://apple.news/A1iprieyMSbOQi-vj88d1Xw
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Just bought my GF an ebike that a college buddy was selling (Spesh Turbo Levo). Always had a negative/condescending view until I put aside my ego and superiority complex and realized it's practical benefits. I gotta admit the whole thing Spesh did is really well thought out and executed. 140mm travel, fatty plus tires... just a nice package. She's only ridden it twice but 1) she's riding again and 2) she loves it. Passed me pedaling right up a steep section I have to hike-a-bike....didn't see her again until the top. Tons of traction. Yes it is 50lbs but honestly it does not ride like it. The extra weight (and travel, of course) is actually better for her descending and smooths out more chatter. Puts us roughly on the same level and allows her access to rides she would never be able to otherwise, and at 20% assist is still a pretty good workout.

I haven't taken it on a ride yet but it's definitely got the wheels turning, so to speak, opening up my mind to things I just previously dismissed as impossible, not fun, or just didn't think about:

How would that trail or that feature be going with an extra 5-10mph? What if I did that ride/feature as fast as I could going UPhill?! How does this change eastern sierra spring skiing with rode access?? Tioga Pass... Bikepacking?

Quote Originally Posted by sierraskier View Post
    Just bought my GF an ebike that a college buddy was selling (Spesh Turbo Levo). Always had a negative/condescending view until I put aside my ego and superiority complex and realized it's practical benefits. I gotta admit the whole thing Spesh did is really well thought out and executed. 140mm travel, fatty plus tires... just a nice package. She's only ridden it twice but 1) she's riding again and 2) she loves it. Passed me pedaling right up a steep section I have to hike-a-bike....didn't see her again until the top. Tons of traction. Yes it is 50lbs but honestly it does not ride like it. The extra weight (and travel, of course) is actually better for her descending and smooths out more chatter. Puts us roughly on the same level and allows her access to rides she would never be able to otherwise, and at 20% assist is still a pretty good workout.

I haven't taken it on a ride yet but it's definitely got the wheels turning, so to speak, opening up my mind to things I just previously dismissed as impossible, not fun, or just didn't think about:

How would that trail or that feature be going with an extra 5-10mph? What if I did that ride/feature as fast as I could going UPhill?! How does this change eastern sierra spring skiing with rode access?? Tioga Pass... Bikepacking?
    I found the the uphill to be fun and i have to pay a lot of attention not too run into things.
    After on the east side approaches, i also got a fat e bike for that.

Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app

So after a week of commuting on my ghetto conversion ebike...I love it.

We're fucked when it comes to trail access. These things WILL take over. Let's cross out fingers it doesn't get us completely banned from too many rad riding spots.

As a cottage industry product. Someone hold make adapters so you can unbolt your motor(for service or warrantee or just because) and bolt in a regular bb crank setup. No down time or closed trail.
    Might be possible to make adapters for some of the bigger motors to mount a smaller motor like the Shimano or new Brose. Eg: Bosch to Shimano or upgrade your Brose to the new smaller Brose mag. Especially if your commuter has a motor, you’d have a backup. Trademark post-15% royalty is fine

Try uphill freeride on your “typewriter” bike

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    So after a week of commuting on my ghetto conversion ebike...I love it.
    Awesome. Ghetto rebuilds are definitely the way to go IMO, nona dat re-dick-u-lass $4k shit, and ebikes make commuting and city riding kinda fun. I'm doing another Bafang/UPP build on my wife's old Bridgestone MB-3, so she can use it to get to work instead of driving.

Just in case, I've been charging batteries in the fireplace, and never unattended, even though I think the UPP builds are pretty safe overall, with all of the stories you hear about Li-ion fires from no-name battery packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Awesome. Ghetto rebuilds are definitely the way to go IMO, nona dat re-dick-u-lass $4k shit, and ebikes make commuting and city riding kinda fun.
    Yup. 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Things are moving ahead. Concerted effort providing tools and education for legislators and land managers on “all” things bike and advocacy

I like how in once sentence they say ebikes arent THAT much faster, then they say ebikers can go a distance in an hour that would take non motorized bike 4 or 5 hours.

That's 4 or 5 times faster. Which is it?

I think they mean top speed. The advocacy group is not just ebikes. They’re just putting the facts out there for land holders to make decisions. They seem honest. I think they’d lose their credibility otherwise. Sounds like they’re in favour of responsible fact based decisions. Where the facts are murky , on allowing ebikes or bikes in general in certain areas , they seem to suggest openings on a trial basis

No. They specifically said ebikes arent much faster than non motorized bikes and then they said motorized bikes could go a distance in a hour that would take a non motorized bike 4 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    No. They specifically said ebikes arent much faster than non motorized bikes and then they said motorized bikes could go a distance in a hour that would take a non motorized bike 4 or 5.
    I'm my case, it y takes me 30 minutes to climb something that before was 40-45 minutes.

Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    You may want to go to the site and dispute it with them. I think it’s a good resource for cycling in general, not just focused on ebikes. The vid was an interview. The meat and potatoes is their studies they’ve conducted, that are on the site

Here you go, straight from the “home” of mountain biking.

https://www.marinij.com/2018/12/12/c...am-e-bike-use/
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Here you go, straight from the “home” of mountain biking.

https://www.marinij.com/2018/12/12/c...am-e-bike-use/
    They're arguing about whether to allow e-bikes on fucking FIRE roads? Gimme a break...

"Others were concerned about the e-bike speed presenting a risk to hikers and other fire road users."

Jeezus the population around that area is fucking irritating.

Electric Bike Thread

Lol... yep! Just sharing some perspective. My wife used to work for county open space so you can imagine some of the stories she has.

Fortunately we live one county north where it’s all good.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    They're arguing about whether to allow e-bikes on fucking FIRE roads? Gimme a break...

"Others were concerned about the e-bike speed presenting a risk to hikers and other fire road users."

Jeezus the population around that area is fucking irritating.
    Are ATVs and motorcycles allowed on those same FIRE roads?

Asking for a friend.......

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Are ATVs and motorcycles allowed on those same FIRE roads?

Asking for a friend.......
    In Marin? Heaven forbid.

Did Santa bring one to anybody?

Oops looks like Vimeo doesn’t embed “deity-watts wrong-caldwellvisuals” is a good one

And once again, the mountain biking community makes little progress because infighting is louder than a united voice for progress.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    And once again, the mountain biking community makes little progress because infighting is louder than a united voice for progress.

Saying that I can tell you’ve never been part of a real fight. How idealistic of you.

You can call me Saint Dick

However many are in a shit ton.