Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111
Results 2,751 to 2,758 of 2758
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    1" with a quill stem, eh. The bikes fit is a bit cramped for my comfort and I found that the fit "is what it is" with that stem. Too many cheap mountain bikes bikes available to build on.

If I up the budget and be patriotic and spend my Corona check, might get a pair of ebikes for the Mrs and me.

I see Rad Rovers go by the back yard on occasion. The look of the stance / geometry fits my eye. Front suspension. Rear hub drive. I'd still want some rear suspension for washboard sections of the forest service roads. 3" would work. I should test ride one for the experience of ebiking.

Attachment 322403
    my sister came down to wait out the apocalypse with me. I talked her into renting an e bike. she rented this bike. I will check it out tomorrow but she did 20 miles the other day and was pretty happy. anything particular you want me to check out? looks like a tank 65lbs
    off your knees Louie

The Rad Rover is local built, not pricey and I don't see many used for sale so it piqued my interest. Your impressions from the seat would be welcome. I'm really looking for a 2 wheel version of my 2000 Jeep TJ. Check these thoughts please. Does it feel like 65lbs as a bicycle? A 65lb motorcycle on FS roads sounds sweet. How would it handle moderate speed single track? Is braking smooth and even? Hard tail thoughts? Since it's a rental, how high did you huck it?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    The Rad Rover is local built,
    You're in China?
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Local importer?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    I have a friend who bought a solar generator, was pretty expensive but he said He wanted to be ready for the apocalypse, that was last fall, thought he was being ridiculous then, Iíll see if I can dig up what he got, but I seem to remember it being in the 3 grand range. I picked up a spare battery as Iím not much of a camper anymore but if I had a camper van and was gonna spend some time in more remote places Iíd consider it

Edit: this is what my buddy got and what he has to say about it.

It's awesome...used it a ton during black outs. Solar panel is a joke though. If you use on briefcase panel (big fucker) takes a full week to charge the unit...you need a few panels to make a difference and the aren'r cheap or small.

https://www.amazon.com/Goal-Zero-Por...SpF6gLAunq7pIY
    Thanks for looking that up and yes that is probably the best option to get a reliable charge without a wall charge. Besides the $$ this is not the option I want as my Van setup is minimal with a floor, bed and a couple of storage boxes and is going to stay that way. So that amount of power is way overkill for me plus regardless of the charger it takes a long time to charge a Ebike battery. Anyway, in my situation I think it is best to take my pedal bikes to places that don't like ebikes like Bend and places where we are out in the field and no chance for a wall mount. So, on trips might be best option to camp for a couple of days and stay at a motel for a nite. We can then eat out and get a shower as well. Thanks again just looking for options.

Bafang Bigfoot update, battery bag one of two zippers shit the bed. Non drive side crank arm wiggled loose on a ride and didn't notice right away. May have pooched it, stupid square tapered cranks don't like to be loose.

Otherwise I've been cranking out the gravel miles while trails are thawing out. Can easily do 40km level 1 assist on half a battery. Really giggled when I climbed the hill leaving town going to my place at 15km/hr level 3assist, it's 9%grade. Non e bike speeds are 5km/hr.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Bafang Bigfoot update, battery bag one of two zippers shit the bed. Non drive side crank arm wiggled loose on a ride and didn't notice right away. May have pooched it, stupid square tapered cranks don't like to be loose.

Otherwise I've been cranking out the gravel miles while trails are thawing out. Can easily do 40km level 1 assist on half a battery. Really giggled when I climbed the hill leaving town going to my place at 15km/hr level 3assist, it's 9%grade. Non e bike speeds are 5km/hr.

Check and tighten the BB tightener bracket every once in a while. You might noticed the motor shifting when you goose the throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post

Dammit... I'm pretty sure I want one for mine but it's really not in the budget right now.

And I don't really know my way around a bike and worry I can't do the install myself.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season