Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58
Results 1,426 to 1,435 of 1435
  1. #1426
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,663
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Notice how none of them have acknowledged any positives but instead likened them to mx bikes when they’re clearly designed for mtb ing.


    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Or 'PedalMX'!
    McMountainbiking. (TM)

    Ba dap da da da. I'm Lovin' it.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 11-11-2018 at 08:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  2. #1427
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    4,546
    Got to play with this thing today...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	255117

    Amazing. I can see the appeal; so damn easy on the uphills. Just sit and spin and watch the scenery go by. But it’s a tank on the downhills; very slow steering response.

    In a few years, when the weight on these things drops, I would be all over a bike like this.

  3. #1428
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    4,066
    Go big
    Ural shows off slick electric motorcycle with sidecar using Zero's powertrain - Electrekhttps://apple.news/A1iprieyMSbOQi-vj88d1Xw
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

  4. #1429
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    842
    Just bought my GF an ebike that a college buddy was selling (Spesh Turbo Levo). Always had a negative/condescending view until I put aside my ego and superiority complex and realized it's practical benefits. I gotta admit the whole thing Spesh did is really well thought out and executed. 140mm travel, fatty plus tires... just a nice package. She's only ridden it twice but 1) she's riding again and 2) she loves it. Passed me pedaling right up a steep section I have to hike-a-bike....didn't see her again until the top. Tons of traction. Yes it is 50lbs but honestly it does not ride like it. The extra weight (and travel, of course) is actually better for her descending and smooths out more chatter. Puts us roughly on the same level and allows her access to rides she would never be able to otherwise, and at 20% assist is still a pretty good workout.

    I haven't taken it on a ride yet but it's definitely got the wheels turning, so to speak, opening up my mind to things I just previously dismissed as impossible, not fun, or just didn't think about:

    How would that trail or that feature be going with an extra 5-10mph? What if I did that ride/feature as fast as I could going UPhill?! How does this change eastern sierra spring skiing with rode access?? Tioga Pass... Bikepacking?

  5. #1430
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by sierraskier View Post
    Just bought my GF an ebike that a college buddy was selling (Spesh Turbo Levo). Always had a negative/condescending view until I put aside my ego and superiority complex and realized it's practical benefits. I gotta admit the whole thing Spesh did is really well thought out and executed. 140mm travel, fatty plus tires... just a nice package. She's only ridden it twice but 1) she's riding again and 2) she loves it. Passed me pedaling right up a steep section I have to hike-a-bike....didn't see her again until the top. Tons of traction. Yes it is 50lbs but honestly it does not ride like it. The extra weight (and travel, of course) is actually better for her descending and smooths out more chatter. Puts us roughly on the same level and allows her access to rides she would never be able to otherwise, and at 20% assist is still a pretty good workout.

    I haven't taken it on a ride yet but it's definitely got the wheels turning, so to speak, opening up my mind to things I just previously dismissed as impossible, not fun, or just didn't think about:

    How would that trail or that feature be going with an extra 5-10mph? What if I did that ride/feature as fast as I could going UPhill?! How does this change eastern sierra spring skiing with rode access?? Tioga Pass... Bikepacking?
    I found the the uphill to be fun and i have to pay a lot of attention not too run into things.
    After on the east side approaches, i also got a fat e bike for that.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app

  6. #1431
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    6,165
    So after a week of commuting on my ghetto conversion ebike...I love it.

    We're fucked when it comes to trail access. These things WILL take over. Let's cross out fingers it doesn't get us completely banned from too many rad riding spots.

  7. #1432
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    6,640
    As a cottage industry product. Someone hold make adapters so you can unbolt your motor(for service or warrantee or just because) and bolt in a regular bb crank setup. No down time or closed trail.
    Might be possible to make adapters for some of the bigger motors to mount a smaller motor like the Shimano or new Brose. Eg: Bosch to Shimano or upgrade your Brose to the new smaller Brose mag. Especially if your commuter has a motor, you’d have a backup. Trademark post-15% royalty is fine

  8. #1433
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    6,640
    Try uphill freeride on your “typewriter” bike


  9. #1434
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ootarded
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    So after a week of commuting on my ghetto conversion ebike...I love it.
    Awesome. Ghetto rebuilds are definitely the way to go IMO, nona dat re-dick-u-lass $4k shit, and ebikes make commuting and city riding kinda fun. I'm doing another Bafang/UPP build on my wife's old Bridgestone MB-3, so she can use it to get to work instead of driving.

    Just in case, I've been charging batteries in the fireplace, and never unattended, even though I think the UPP builds are pretty safe overall, with all of the stories you hear about Li-ion fires from no-name battery packs.

  10. #1435
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Awesome. Ghetto rebuilds are definitely the way to go IMO, nona dat re-dick-u-lass $4k shit, and ebikes make commuting and city riding kinda fun.
    Yup. 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •