Page 89 of 197 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 4901
    $2 I love how they tilted the motor up, it has so much better clearance than most other mid drive bikes. I know that I slam my motor into rocks and logs at least once every ride forgetting that the clearance sucks.

Yeah the shutdown thing happens when I'm spinning fast and quickly transition to heavy torque and slow spin. I think I just have to remember to bump the assist up one as I hit those spots or be ready to bail as the assist cuts out and 45+ pounds of bike stops working with me.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    $2 I love how they tilted the motor up, it has so much better clearance than most other mid drive bikes. I know that I slam my motor into rocks and logs at least once every ride forgetting that the clearance sucks.

Yeah the shutdown thing happens when I'm spinning fast and quickly transition to heavy torque and slow spin. I think I just have to remember to bump the assist up one as I hit those spots or be ready to bail as the assist cuts out and 45+ pounds of bike stops working with me.
    the clearance on my Bulls bike is MUCH better than on my regular bike ( a Troy}! WheneverI get on it after riding the bulls for a while I get a bunch of pedal strikes.

My buddies shop now carries Kona, gonna see if he can get a Remote Ctrl in large.
    watch out for snakes

Ya SB!! The Equiver gon b tight.

We may have to apply for a BBi stop in revy in summer. An Ebbi ! Numbers are getting legit

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tion-1.5278601

this ^^ is pretty interesting

IRSU commander Sgt. Ron Cronk said while many of these bikes are built with a throttle to allow cyclists to coast without pedaling, B.C.'s regulations say motors are meant only to "assist the pedaller."

Section 3(2) of B.C.'s Motor Assisted Cycle Regulation says "the motors of a motor assisted cycle must turn off or disengage if the operator stops pedalling, an accelerator is released or a brake is applied."

"If you can start from a stop [by] twisting the throttle and not pedaling, you are now considered a [Class 5] motor vehicle, and the bike has to be registered and insured," said Cronk.

"There's certainly a lot of confusion out there," said Cronk. "Dealerships that are selling these things need to be regulated, because they're giving misinformation."
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sounds fair. Im still pedaling how i did previous to having the eeb. I push it some days and others i spin at endurance pace. Zero conflict. Actually quite the opposite. The most shared trail has been the stoke clmb off the top of the gondi at rmr.. bikers climb it and hikers runners go both ways. I havent been on any 2 way trails for bikes yet. I dont forsee any problem. Blind corners its ez to slow down and pay attention. Actually easier to pay attention having the assist to dig you out of the slowed pace. The climber would be on more of the losing end of most collisions. The same attentiveness applies

Oh for sure, I really don't mind stopping at any point anymore, up or down is fine.

I think I might take my acoustic bike out for a spin some time soon, wonder if I'll like it or feel like I'm missing something. I know I'm going to feel like I'm working too hard.

I put a bunch of new parts on my transition scout with lighter wheels/tires to sdll it. Coulfnt resist trying it. Surprise! It was super fun. Felt a little slow for 5 minutes , as ive been exclusively on the eeb , after that i didnt think about it. Felt quick with the lighter wheels. Going back and forth on the same ride switching with friends from my eeb to their bikes felt like they had flat tires. Im going to sell my scout and get an enduro bike (160ish travel) and have the eeb with a touch more travel(because E) so i can take them both on any trail difficulty. Scout is super fun and i czn get it down the steep dh trails but those trails are more playful on a longer travel bike, especially with dorps to falt

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Oh for sure, I really don't mind stopping at any point anymore, up or down is fine.

I think I might take my acoustic bike out for a spin some time soon, wonder if I'll like it or feel like I'm missing something. I know I'm going to feel like I'm working too hard.
    It's fun going back and forth between bikes now that it's cooling off and less humid. The Troy feels so light when I jump on it now. I put an oval ring on it early in the summer. Makes the bike climb a little easier I think.... It's slower but my rides don't look all that different on the HR monitor
    Last edited by Iwantmy2dollars; 09-15-2019 at 04:46 PM.

My Joulborn Playa Journey painted playa dust camo so it looks like I'm levitating on the playa.
    Folds down to fit almost anywhere.
    Love this fukking bike. 40 mile range at 23 mph.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	294115

Nice, I take it the battery showed up in time.
    watch out for snakes

Shit, i want a commuter, a cargo, a folder, a 150 E mtn and a 180 E enduro now. Just a slight prob though

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Nice, I take it the battery showed up in time.
    In the nick of time. What a fukking blast it was on the playa!

The guys that make these bikes did a pop up shop in Reno to distribute 700 of their bikes to people who ordered them for the burn and helped me out considerably. 700 bikes in three days at avg $2k per bike. That's big biz.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    My Joulborn Playa Journey painted playa dust camo so it looks like I'm levitating on the playa.
    Folds down to fit almost anywhere.
    Love this fukking bike. 40 mile range at 23 mph.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	294115

Awesome! There's power out there to charge I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    In the nick of time. What a fukking blast it was on the playa!

The guys that make these bikes did a pop up shop in Reno to distribute 700 of their bikes to people who ordered them for the burn and helped me out considerably. 700 bikes in three days at avg $2k per bike. That's big biz.
    Whoa, that is impressive.

Inquiring minds want to know how you managed the charging?
    watch out for snakes

Just thought this was funneh

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Regarding DIY kits, anyone seen these yet? https://www.revelpropulsion.com/ came across them on mtbr
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Regarding DIY kits, anyone seen these yet? https://www.revelpropulsion.com/ came across them on mtbr
    It looks really dialed. Only gain 10lbs, has a tourque sensor. Just looks clean then for some unknown reason they make the bb and cranks square taper and ruin what seems to be s great little kit. Still curious what the price is , i couldnt find that. I like the bb mount theyre doing

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Whoa, that is impressive.

Inquiring minds want to know how you managed the charging?
    My RV has a 4K generator on board, powers my AC and everything I need for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    It looks really dialed. Only gain 10lbs, has a tourque sensor. Just looks clean then for some unknown reason they make the bb and cranks square taper and ruin what seems to be s great little kit. Still curious what the price is , i couldnt find that. I like the bb mount theyre doing

I saw $1225 posted somewhere in the mtbr thread for the kit (including battery).

Some more info here: https://www.electricbike.com/the-rev...50w-mid-drive/
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    I saw $1225 posted somewhere in the mtbr thread for the kit (including battery).

Some more info here: https://www.electricbike.com/the-rev...50w-mid-drive/
    I think if I had the money I’d look to these guys
    https://www.instagram.com/paradoxkinetics/

They both have a similar problem in that you can get an actual emtb for not much more $. That’s where the GAO fang looks attractive. 1g and quiet with a good rep. $225 extra is damn close though. Great first effort. Surprising they were smart enough with the mounting system and tourque sensor and didn’t make a good crank interface. Not sure on the actual quality of the crank outside the axle/crank interface but I think that’ll have be good quality. Sometimes that stuff is better left to the user to use their own equipment. Talking out my ass a bit but still square taper gives me the cringes

DOH! Dropped my battery the other evening. It partially landed on my foot. Did a ride the next day and it seems fine.

Talked to my shop buddy about new Kona ebikes, he is getting them next year. How ever I did spy a specialized emtn bike for sale used. Think it is a two year old or so model. Priced at $2.5K.
    watch out for snakes

I think if I had the money I’d look to these guys
    https://www.instagram.com/paradoxkinetics/
    2hr range? 1500w though.

I put 20 miles on my BBSHD on a fat bike yesterday and didn't even use 15% battery. It's a little heavy, but the torque the thing puts out is crazy, probably gonna snap the chain soon. Built mine for $2400 all in, bike, motor, parts. Still gotta figure out the controller to derate it some.

Time will tell if the DIY route is worth it, but I have a decent comparison. Wife has a Benno cargo ebike, I have a DIY fat e bike that was half the price and goes twice the speed.

All the kona bikes have taken a giant leap the last couple hears. Grdat looking bikes, regular and emtb. That new emtb is one of my favourites of the new eebs. A friend is head of product developement for them. Taliking to him about visiting for some riding in squamish. Wont be able to make it this year. Hopefully get a chance to try that new bike in the spring.
    2500 sounds decent. I think the warrantee on the motor/battery are 2 years though. I wonder if commencal will have their black friday sales again this year? Last year they had 40% off on black friday. 4g cad for the bike i was wanting (32 usd) . I guess it depends on their stock. They still have a couple 18/19 bikes in stock up here in large/xl sizes. Might be diffeŕent there. Specialized has some big blowouts on too. I hear they have lots of stock and theyre at 30% off now to clear out. The new kenevo is getting released worldwide but theyre holding back the release in the states because they still have a lot of stock of kenevos. Base model levo too(just needs a dropper added)

All the kona bikes have taken a giant leap the last couple hears. Grdat looking bikes, regular and emtb. That new emtb is one of my favourites of the new eebs. A friend is head of product developement for them. Taliking to him about visiting for some riding in squamish. Wont be able to make it this year. Hopefully get a chance to try that new bike in the spring.
    2500 sounds decent. I think the warrantee on the motor/battery are 2 years though. I wonder if commencal will have their black friday sales again this year? Last year they had 40% off on black friday. 4g cad for the bike i was wanting (32 usd) . I guess it depends on their stock. They still have a couple 18/19 bikes in stock up here in large/xl sizes. Might be diffeŕent there. Specialized has some big blowouts on too. I hear they have lots of stock and theyre at 30% off now to clear out. The new kenevo is getting released worldwide but theyre holding back the release in the states because they still have a lot of stock of kenevos. Base model levo too(just needs a dropper added)

Wow, I'm a little surprised that there are so many bikes looking for a home. There was some speculation that if these bikes started to take off in the states, there wasn't enough manufacturing capacity to supply Europe and the North American markets. Saw today that there are a lot of RVs left on lots too so maybe things slowing down overall.