Page 67 of 197 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Don't let anyone ever tell you that you don't get a good workout riding an e-mtb. I rode again today and I'm whooped. Humping that thing up and over downed trees and through crazy ass rock gardens really works the upper body.
    Good stuff. Hard to put that thing down I'd guess. Embn did an episode where they went out for a one hour push on an single track loop. Average heart rate was a bit higher on the emtb because of the extra muscle on the down. That was their average daily routine pushing on the pedals. I'd be happy to have the option on a rest day to use the higher setting just to go get a lap in where I otherwise wouldn't. Recovery ride and actually get sone vert in.

Here's the guys building the new "enduro trails" area in town. Has a climb trail that will access 3 dh trails in the initial stage. They're building the flow/jump trail. Build a section, tamp it and then test it with the emtb. Really good builders so I imagine itll be a nice addition. Next mountain over from the ski hill

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx3XDsrn...d=ebip4s516mud

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Since i got a e mtb in September, i got in better aerobic shape, probably because
    1. I ride 12 hours a week instead of 8
    2. I'm less in the anaerobic zone and more in the aerobic one.

I still can easily get anaerobic and do a few times a week.

I should day though, 12 hours a week when not in ski season.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

That's a good start to the season for sure. Plenty of trail in 12 hrs

Marine is going to win a WC this year I'm betting, possibly the surprise win at champs. Best style on the bike. I was wondering if/when she'd get a scott emtb. Fairclough and crew are all about them

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx2u1r-l...d=u7natsqbbe98

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Good stuff. Hard to put that thing down I'd guess. Embn did an episode where they went out for a one hour push on an single track loop. Average heart rate was a bit higher on the emtb because of the extra muscle on the down. That was their average daily routine pushing on the pedals. I'd be happy to have the option on a rest day to use the higher setting just to go get a lap in where I otherwise wouldn't. Recovery ride and actually get some vert in.

Here's the guys building the new "enduro trails" area in town. Has a climb trail that will access 3 dh trails in the initial stage. They're building the flow/jump trail. Build a section, tamp it and then test it with the emtb. Really good builders so I imagine itll be a nice addition. Next mountain over from the ski hill
    I never wore a hr monitor until recently but I'm averaging in the high 120's with peaks around 160. I'd be curious how much higher that is than pre heart attack and on an acoustic bike.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I never wore a hr monitor until recently but I'm averaging in the high 120's with peaks around 160. I'd be curious how much higher that is than pre heart attack and on an acoustic bike.
    I'd like the option to hook one up. Something I think about. I don't need meds but bp could be lower. Too much avalanche bacon me thinks. Maybe I should have aspirin in the emergency kit. Itd be nice to have the maps on the app too

watch out for snakes

Its here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lAKKCyj.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	283978

Pretty easy to assemble, a bit of adjustments. The initial rides around the block are promising. These things are a hoot! The pedal assist feels like being pushed.
    I have a rear rack and panniers on order. Look out tow path!
    watch out for snakes

Got passed by a guy on one of those ^^^ on the local rec path going up over a hill the yesterday. I heard a rumbling of the fat tires and a bell and he was gone. At first I was disgusted, but then I realized, it's not a bad way to get to work without breaking a sweat and it keeps a car off the road. No skin off my back.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    it's not a bad way to get to work without breaking a sweat and it keeps a car off the road. No skin off my back.
    I'm considering one for this purpose. I'd avoid a toll, and I think I could go home to office with only four stop lights.

It's a slippery slope. Soon you'll be wearing Jean's with white stitching, affliction it's and no helmet.
    Nice ride Scotty. Epowa!!

New Shuttle. Spendy...but < 45lbs.

https://www.pivotcycles.com/en/bike-shuttle-us
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

"Don't let anyone ever tell you that you don't get a good workout riding an e-mtb. I rode again today and I'm whooped. Humping that thing up and over downed trees and through crazy ass rock gardens really works the upper body."

Looking super fit in this photo - go ebikes!

Pretty cool interactive map of eMTB trails all across the country.
    From the Pivot site:
    https://arcg.is/CWeWq

Also to note is my bike has regenerative braking, so in addition to cutting off the motor when I brake it also gives a bit of charge back to the battery. That was a pleasant surprise.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    "Don't let anyone ever tell you that you don't get a good workout riding an e-mtb. I rode again today and I'm whooped. Humping that thing up and over downed trees and through crazy ass rock gardens really works the upper body."

Looking super fit in this photo - go ebikes!

Ha! I dunno 'bout dat Alive and back to getting out and getting after it but I still need to drop another 15-20 to get back to my old fightin' weight

Pretty cool interactive map of eMTB trails all across the country.
    From the Pivot site:
    https://arcg.is/CWeWq
    Isn't it sad how there isn't a single real trail in all of NY State other than a really short rail trail in the middle of nowhere. The struggle is real

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Its here!
    The initial rides around the block are promising. These things are a hoot! The pedal assist feels like being pushed.
    yesss- with the ebike there's always a wind at your back

Got passed by a guy on one of those ^^^ on the local rec path going up over a hill the yesterday. I heard a rumbling of the fat tires and a bell and he was gone. At first I was disgusted, but then I realized, it's not a bad way to get to work without breaking a sweat and it keeps a car off the road. No skin off my back.
    and yesss again. the commuter ebike only solves problems. less cars, happier & healthier people
    even if you hate ebikes for trails, the commuter makes sense and is a great application of the technology
    skid luxury

I rode my e-commuter to Wilson and back recently on a super windy day...what I noticed is that if I pushed even at maximum (human) wattage, the wind was still a non-issue.it was a day I wouldn’t have gone riding on my roadie...I am going to use the commuter on windy days (and wet trail days) to get a hell of a fast workout. Once you exceed the assist, you are just time-trialing anyway.
    It was SO fun on an otherwise craptacular day.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

That Pivot looks damn nice, love to try one out. Short of winning the lottery i will never own one tho. Would actually like to set my dad up on one.

Was passed by a lady on the trail this week on an ebike, she certainly was flying and putting fourth as much effort as i was.... didn't really bother me at all.

I must add that on the pedal assist, even on the 1 setting, it kicked in instantaneous and even a couple times when I was just shifting weight from one side to the other like cornering. Also the boost going around a turn seems to give a push enough to make the turn a bit wider. Things to get used to.
    watch out for snakes

The wife's vintage Bridgestone MB3 had been sitting in the garage idle and unloved for what seems like forever. Mounted a Bafang mid-drive with a UPP rackmount power pack and the bike now has new life as a stealth supercommuter, you can barely tell it's an ebike. It's able to get her to work as fast as her car (taking traffic & PITA parking at the U into account), and waaay more fun.

Name:	IMG_4269.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	284033

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    I must add that on the pedal assist, even on the 1 setting, it kicked in instantaneous and even a couple times when I was just shifting weight from one side to the other like cornering. Also the boost going around a turn seems to give a push enough to make the turn a bit wider. Things to get used to.
    totally. mine is 50+ pounds so definitely something to adjust to - particularly when wet out on the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    The wife's vintage Bridgestone MB3 had been sitting in the garage idle and unloved for what seems like forever. Mounted a Bafang mid-drive with a UPP rackmount power pack and the bike now has new life as a stealth supercommuter, you can barely tell it's an ebike. It's able to get her to work as fast as her car (taking PITA parking at the U into account), and waaay more fun.

so awesome. love the OG bridgestone too.
    similar commuting situation for me. essentially within 5-10 min difference riding vs driving
    But riding there, the day is infinitely better.
    skid luxury

The wife's vintage Bridgestone MB3 had been sitting in the garage idle and unloved for what seems like forever. Mounted a Bafang mid-drive with a UPP rackmount power pack and the bike now has new life as a stealth supercommuter, you can barely tell it's an ebike. It's able to get her to work as fast as her car (taking traffic & PITA parking at the U into account), and waaay more fun.

Dude. That thing is hawt. And yep, pedaling into the U is far superior.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How much does a mod like that run?
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.