Page 74 of 197 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 4901
    That was thr nice thing on my demo. In the heat of the day i was spinning up the fsr to the dh trails comfortably . A good workout still but on my regular bike it gets steeper and steeper tgen just stays steep til tge top. A lot of first gear trying to keep turning ocer the pedals. Not very oftrn i have ti step off but it really strings me out by the top. So nice to just spin at endurance pace and still do it quicker. Cant be arsed to climb that hill back to back days. With the eeb i wanted to do another lap straight away. Was fkn awesome

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Been working way too much and this hot and humid weather is not helping but got a nice ride in this morning on the BAM. A mixture of road, single track, gravel road and tow path or hiking path surfaces. Was surprised how much regenerative braking added back to the battery on the single track down. All in all it was just under 15 miles and used about half the battery when I checked at the shut down.

The fat tires really feel nice and I only used PAS 5 on the two hills one being 33% grade for a about 200 yds or so. Mostly I was in PAS 3 and this gave me a nice brisk pace of around 17 MPH. Stopped and chatted with some other bikers, they were fairly interested in the Ebike.

ETA, when I plugged my battery in it was showing three out of four green dots on the battery itself so looks like I used a lot less juice than the dash showed.
    Last edited by SB; 07-18-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    watch out for snakes

I freaking love Peter Sagan!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Sounds like they would be a few years out...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I take it they were talking about bikes?
    watch out for snakes

Heh heh. Bit of an accent eh and then rat takes it to another level.

All the pleasure of doing a great climb but without the struggle and I feel great at the top rather than totally blown. Yup I'm hooked.

Agreed, I have only done the short but steep hills on the Ebike near my house but getting up and still having breath and ability is nice. After a long hard climb, on a regular bike, I often need a rest and sometimes have to stop part way to let my heart rate get down.

The older I get the more I have to work at staying in shape. Having a bit of help in any shape or form is great.
    Last edited by SB; 07-22-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Truth in advertising? This is what will stoke conflict.

"Where can I ride ebikes?

Our ebikes are class 1 250w 20 mph bikes. They pedal assist and do not give assistance above 20 mph. These bikes are legal everywhere a regular bike is unless there is a local ordinance against them. In the Lake Tahoe area these bikes are legal on all single track trails, bike paths, roads, fire roads, and OHV areas." well maybe that is stretching it a bit.

https://tahoeebikes.com/faq/

Mountain biking is a booming sport and ebiking is the newest form of it. Climbing uphill is a breeze and 2-3 times faster. Downhill the ebikes low center of gravity and plush suspension have you riding with supreme comfort and control. Ebikes allow people of any fitness levels to enjoy the fun of mountain biking in beautiful Lake Tahoe.
    Uh huh.

Yeah, not so much.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/ltbmu...stelprd3824321

I riding up a long climb yesterday (not on an ebike) and passed someone who asked "is that an ebike?". Put a smile on my face .

Its sn ad but its great. Moms booked for knee replacement next year, be nice to get her an E trike to start

This is pretty cool too

I remember I saw an interesting video where a blind guy rode an electric bicycle on his own. He orientated himself with the help of echolocation, this is not news, all the blind learn it and he didn’t go fast, but it looked cool from the outside.

One of the things that bugs me about the Steps motor is how low it hangs and how far in front of the bb it is. I've been smacking the shit out of that poor thing on rocks, trees, you name it and it has been dead nuts reliable. It's a good thing that housing is so tough. 45 pounds of bike and my sloppy ass on top of it makes for a heckuva combination when clearance is important. BAM!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    One of the things that bugs me about the Steps motor is how low it hangs and how far in front of the bb it is. I've been smacking the shit out of that poor thing on rocks, trees, you name it and it has been dead nuts reliable. It's a good thing that housing is so tough. 45 pounds of bike and my sloppy ass on top of it makes for a heckuva combination when clearance is important. BAM!
    Ya looking at mine tiday, im wondering if i shouod get a guard. Cant hurt i guess. Rockguardz makes made to fit carbon guard that snaps on ez. I think the one i picked uo for my demo8 was $60-70 cad alk tge way from the uk. Something like that, pretty reasonable. Ive seen another guy making a more substantial one that looks like you could grind on it for years. Think and bulky but looked decent, ill try and get a link

The new Commencal ebikes have a burly bash guard for the motor with slide rails. One of their hardtail bikes has the mid motor drive angled up for better clearance.

This is a big deal as where I ride there are many rocks and log overs to deal with.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    The new Commencal ebikes have a burly bash guard for the motor with slide rails. One of their hardtail bikes has the mid motor drive angled up for better clearance.

This is a big deal as where I ride there are many rocks and log overs to deal with.
    Yes, i think that was the main difference between their 2018's and the 2019's or maybe you mean the 2020's. The 20's look amazing, i havent seen the skidplate on those yet. I can see me getting lazy ,and with the extra heft, casing a few rocks and logs

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I can see me getting lazy
    well you're in the right thread for it!

Salty , youll get old one day buck. No shame

Guys stop with e bikes are only for old people.
    They are also for anyone who what's to get more Downhill with a longer travel bike, like 200 mm

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

They're for covering 50 miles of playa in 100 degree heat at Burning Man.

Plus, I'm old, mutherfukker!

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Guys stop with e bikes are only for old people.
    They are also for anyone who what's to get more Downhill with a longer travel bike, like 200 mm

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk
    They are for both and more. True. I can only dream what id be like to have one in my 20's. 15g/day hell ya