Page 62 of 197 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 4912
    Gas prices are getting ridiculous and set to really jump. More and more these make sense. My Tundra is limiting my travel/fun. I like the stealthy class more than flash on that. Surprised it doesn’t have a big “cannondale” on the side of it. Low key but I’d still want a very good lock I think

Some myths debunked from a regular mtber? One hour non stop boost mode hammer training sesh from Fairclough and Wilkins=intense. I'd have to train to do that

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Just announced that they'll be allowing Class 1 bikes on our local bike paths. I think that it is a good thing, but a lot of folks are losing their minds over it.

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/loc...c-path-system/

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Gas prices are getting ridiculous and set to really jump. More and more these make sense. My Tundra is limiting my travel/fun. I like the stealthy class more than flash on that. Surprised it doesn’t have a big “cannondale” on the side of it. Low key but I’d still want a very good lock I think
    You can just turn your fully eMTB into a commuter with some different wheels. I commute 28 miles on mine twice a week, which means I've reduced driving to only 2 days a week max and can go weeks without filling up the truck. Strap on a rack, some cheap lights, and off you go. No need to buy a separate commuter. This pic shows the difference between the road tire and knobbies on the front.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0367.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	280204

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    You can just turn your fully eMTB into a commuter with some different wheels. I commute 28 miles on mine twice a week, which means I've reduced driving to only 2 days a week max and can go weeks without filling up the truck. Strap on a rack, some cheap lights, and off you go. No need to buy a separate commuter. This pic shows the difference between the road tire and knobbies on the front.

Name:	KIMG0367.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	280204
    I wouldn't have that much of a commute but I'll probably do something similar. Just throw a rack on for groceries and downtown trips. Eventually get a commuter or cargo or just a hardtail unit with the same motor to have a back up, or atleast that's the plan

I'm psyched, my Fluid VLT (plus hardtail) is on the way. By late next week I'll be the scofflaw on the trail giggling my way along.

Sick! Probably the nicest looking plus bike out there, e or non e

I'll get some pics for ya

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'll get some pics for ya
    Even though that risks making my wallet lighter, definitely need to see some pics

Ok, this one is sorta getting me hot and bothered (if it had better range and slightly higher speed...but I am sure that is on deck for gen 2)

https://electrek.co/2019/04/29/nua-e...um-e-bike/amp/
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

^^ I like the one that Budnitz makes. It's a hub motor that charges an internal battery as it's being used. It's so slick. I can't find it in their website to link a pic for the thread

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ok, this one is sorta getting me hot and bothered (if it had better range and slightly higher speed...but I am sure that is on deck for gen 2)

https://electrek.co/2019/04/29/nua-e...um-e-bike/amp/
    Pure elegance. I could almost invent a usage for myself to justify one. So clean

Just tried an ebike for the first time yesterday. They were installing a rack on my new car (I know, I know, but, it was free, and there was like four guys involved), and some dude who was a serious roadie was trying one in their big parking lot. He was flying around and giggling, so, they let me try it. I was flying around and giggling. What fun!

Really good deal on last year's Specialized , from 3500 down to 2200. Tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Just tried an ebike for the first time yesterday. They were installing a rack on my new car (I know, I know, but, it was free, and there was like four guys involved), and some dude who was a serious roadie was trying one in their big parking lot. He was flying around and giggling, so, they let me try it. I was flying around and giggling. What fun!

To a degree, specialized is ahead of the curve when it comes to ebikes. A lot of companies are really closing the gap but they still have a couple features up their sleeve. I heard they have a redesign on a few of their bikes that are going to drop really soon and that they're blowing out old models. Many of their last years models are still relevant. I've been looking the last couple days at the kenevo and figuring possible discounts. They didn't have the blowout price listed and I wasn't factoring being as discounted as what you tried. Going to have to check on pricing now. Damn, that gets the rubber burning.

Electric Bike Thread

I built got my Tesoro EQ built on Saturday, and it's been non-stop giggles ever since. 29 x 2.3 rubber, 100mm fork and 28mph pedal assist is nothing but good times around town. I am so fucking stoked on this thing. Just gotta get a rack/pannier setup so I can do grocery/beer runs and my car will stay parked for days at a time.

Name:	IMG_1003.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	280938
    Last edited by joetron; 04-30-2019 at 10:03 PM.

^^ I like the one that Budnitz makes. It's a hub motor that charges an internal battery as it's being used. It's so slick. I can't find it in their website to link a pic for the thread
    15mph max is a deal killer, but I like what they are doing.

https://uncrate.com/budnitz-model-e-electric-bike/
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I bet you didn't realize that I rep 4 different rack lines. I bet I could have helped you out

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    To a degree, specialized is ahead of the curve when it comes to ebikes. A lot of companies are really closing the gap but they still have a couple features up their sleeve. I heard they have a redesign on a few of their bikes that are going to drop really soon and that they're blowing out old models. Many of their last years models are still relevant. I've been looking the last couple days at the kenevo and figuring possible discounts. They didn't have the blowout price listed and I wasn't factoring being as discounted as what you tried. Going to have to check on pricing now. Damn, that gets the rubber burning.
    Don't go to the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I built got my Tesoro EQ built on Saturday, and it's been non-stop giggles ever since. 29 x 2.3 rubber, 100mm fork and 28mph pedal assist is nothing but good times around town. I am so fucking stoked on this thing. Just gotta get a rack/pannier setup so I can do grocery/beer runs and my car will stay parked for days at a time.

Name:	IMG_1003.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	280938
    Are those easily removable batteries or is one that the motor has to come out first?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    15mph max is a deal killer, but I like what they are doing.

https://uncrate.com/budnitz-model-e-electric-bike/
    Sorta but I think you just need to think more like a guy our age

Dayum, some killer Ebikes out there these days.
    watch out for snakes

There is a mile and a half climb that I have to do to get back to my house on every road bike ride I do and I’ve never been passed on it. It’s not like I’m the fastest guy in the world or anything, it’s just not many people do the climb at all. Yesterday an old fat guy sitting really upright on a 60 pound ebike just blew past me like it was nothing. Pretty funny.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I
    Are those easily removable batteries or is one that the motor has to come out first?
    I have no idea. It seems like it should just come out of the big hatch on the down tube

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Do you need a permit for that? Seems like you should, because it's a fucking weapon.

Don't go to the dark side
    :
    I know. It pains me to have to do it. Brakes will have to change and specialized wheels will die countless ways in no time and stand over is poor. Thing is I want at least 160 rear and reasonable length stays. The other option at that point is the yt decoy and , depending on thekenevo blowout price, could be $1500-2000 or more extra. Tech is developing so fast , I just have to get in as cheap as possible. There’s a lot of 150 rear bikes that I wish I could long stroke the shock to get them to 160-165 but the stroke is maxed for their eye to eye (norco, commencal, Rocky, bmc, felt, etc). DaVinci is 450mm cs uggh
    There’s nowrumours that the ski hill might be offering an add on price on top of ski pass for summer biking. I was worried they were going to try to get people to pay each time up the Gondi. 5620 ft mixed(machine built and natural) trail is built but it’s 1500ft climb from top of Gondi to the trail at the top of the hill. Going to need E and travel

When I visited Spain last November, I checked out bike shops in Madrid, Seville, and Granada, (always looking for a cool Jersey), and all three had a lot of e mtbs on the floor. A lot.

When I visited Spain last November, I checked out bike shops in Madrid, Seville, and Granada, (always looking for a cool Jersey), and all three had a lot of e mtbs on the floor. A lot.
    Not only this, but a lot of emtbs in trails.

Lots of young kids who ride Enduro are on ebikes

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

4 teh haterz

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime