Page 90 of 197 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmy2dollars View Post
    Wow, I'm a little surprised that there are so many bikes looking for a home. There was some speculation that if these bikes started to take off in the states, there wasn't enough manufacturing capacity to supply Europe and the North American markets. Saw today that there are a lot of RVs left on lots too so maybe things slowing down overall.
    Yes, thats my feeling too. I think sales are picking up but not quite flying off the shelves yet. The recent legislation should pump 2020 sales up.
    RV sales are an often used barometer for an impending economic slow down. Eeb sales will grow but will it maintain pace of manufacturing? Maybe that will offset the rrsp increase with continued sale pricing/fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

"Hey, man, I got a new Harley today."

I owned a new Harley. For a day. Flipped it. For a profit.

Saw this today. $7k 2 motor in each wheel. Electric scooter really.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2x2elecrtic.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	417.3 KB 
ID:	295436
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post

Hunting rig?

Electric tote goat.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Electric tote goat.
    Good comparison...

Interesting, Oregon company.

Also on their website.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 8.19.24 AM.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	749.1 KB 
ID:	295461

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Hunting rig?
    That's my guess. Truck and bike covered in a silver grey dust.

Chatted with this guy. Told me he has some health / equilibrium issues and lost 100 lbs peddling this rig. The boomer market for utility electrics is going to be a huge IMO.

Name:	Elec3wheeler.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	295475
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

That's my guess. Truck and bike covered in a silver grey dust.

Chatted with this guy. Told me he has some health / equilibrium issues and lost 100 lbs peddling this rig. The boomer market for utility electrics is going to be a huge IMO.

Name:	Elec3wheeler.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	295475
    Thats what id like to get me mom on before/after her knee replacement. Ill save that pic. Looks perfect with those bars and ez strp over

Here is the product info. Though not legal as an ebike able to ride in BLM and National Parks lands now but how would you be able to enforce it. I think this product just represents the power creep that is inevitable with trail ebikes.

A permanent-magnet brushless motor provides 15kW of power, allowing you to reach top speeds of 50mph.
    The FRX1 runs on a Lithium-ion 2.2 kWh battery pack, delivering a max range of 62 miles. The battery can be recharged in just 2.5 hours using a standard socket. Need to go further? The FRX1 integrates fully adjustable regenerative braking to generate up to 10% of the battery capacity, meaning nothing stands in the way of your ride.
    Integrating the internal transmission system with 9 pedaling gears, the FRX1 is designed to generate maximum power with a relatively low pedal rate, protecting the battery and prolonging your ride.
    Equipped with both super-pedal-assist and twist throttle riding modes, 203mm of front travel, and hard hitting hydraulic downhill disc brakes, the FRX1 is like nothing you’ve ever experienced before, providing incredible control and power, no matter the conditions.

Would you please adjust your font coloring. Thx.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    Here is the product info. Though not legal as an ebike able to ride in BLM and National Parks lands now but how would you be able to enforce it. I think this product just represents the power creep that is inevitable with trail ebikes.

A permanent-magnet brushless motor provides 15kW of power, allowing you to reach top speeds of 50mph.
    The FRX1 runs on a Lithium-ion 2.2 kWh battery pack, delivering a max range of 62 miles. The battery can be recharged in just 2.5 hours using a standard socket. Need to go further? The FRX1 integrates fully adjustable regenerative braking to generate up to 10% of the battery capacity, meaning nothing stands in the way of your ride.
    Integrating the internal transmission system with 9 pedaling gears, the FRX1 is designed to generate maximum power with a relatively low pedal rate, protecting the battery and prolonging your ride.
    Equipped with both super-pedal-assist and twist throttle riding modes, 203mm of front travel, and hard hitting hydraulic downhill disc brakes, the FRX1 is like nothing you’ve ever experienced before, providing incredible control and power, no matter the conditions.
    It’s a freight train. It’d be ok on moto trails but it’d suck on mountain bike trails. Get a grip man. Your forecasting has nothing todo with the real world. Nothing but alarmist hyperbole. Obviously no clue what most eebers want and obviously havent tried a class 1 bike

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Good comparison...

Interesting, Oregon company.

Also on their website.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 8.19.24 AM.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	749.1 KB 
ID:	295461
    FFS, just buy a god damn dirt bike.

I know, silly me, why would I think somebody will want to make a trail ebike that is lighter, more powerful, and faster than the current ones on the market. I doubt anyone will tinker or hack the engine systems for greater performance. I am sure the current designs will not be improved on and the status quo maintained. I must live in fantasy world maybe I need more medication.

I had to forward that to a couple of dirt/mountain bikers. That thing looks like a very bad bicycle (no seat height adjustment and 9 speeds to cover a range up to 50 mph?) but may be a pretty good dirt bike, particularly for techy trails. Odd that electric dirt bikes are getting to be lighter than gas. The tech will continue to fill in between, obviously.

I owned a new Harley. For a day. Flipped it. For a profit.

I test rode that thing at Overland Expo in May, and to be honest, it really sucks. Basically no suspension or power. It felt like riding a 1978 Honda Trail 90 without the noise. I couldn't understand who the market for it is. A class 1 eMTB is like 1000% more fun and practical, or a modern gas powered dirt bike if you must have a throttle.

I've noticed that I ride just a little bit faster than my friends on acoustic bikes but a lot slower than most on e-bikes. Maybe it's because I'm the only one on a hardtail but I don't think so. I think a lot of people just crave the speed and since they have the tool to get them there they're taking advantage of it. I can't tell if all of the blown out turns are from e-bikes, dirt bikes or just because it's so damned dry the trail edges are crumbling. The part about being faster than all the acoustic riders kinda sux, the mosquitoes are feasting on my ass because I'm always sitting still waiting for them Heh, I haven't waited for anyone other than my wife for 30 years

PSA check your rear spoke tension. I've apparently been beating the life out of my back wheel, the thing was wobbly when I checked it the other day. I think it's good to go now but I may change my thinking on 46mm carbon wheels and go with something more enduro oriented. I sure do like the burly look the wide rims and 3" tires give it and it is nice and plush and they're also super stiff laterally (when the spoke tension is right ) so it corners like it's on rails. Some people say that they can't toss e-bikes around like their regular bike, maybe so but I don't find it to be so much so that it slows me down. In fact I think through a lot of fast descending including quick edge to edge twisty stuff I'm faster than on acoustic bikes until it gets too chunky then the ultra stiff hardtail beats me up too much and I have to back off. The frame is stiffer than any regular bike has ever been.

On the health front, this bike has done wonders for me recovering from the heart attack and the doctors in the hospital fkng me up after that last December and January. I can get out and hammer for 2 hours at a time now with just a few rest breaks. I can sustain a heart rate in the 140's for 30 minutes or so with spikes to 160 without blowing up, when I got it in the spring I struggled to hold the 130's for more than a few minutes and 145 would force me to stop with terrible headrushes. I vary the assist level to keep the hr in the right range but now generally run in eco until it gets really steep or techy when I'll punch it up to keep things running smoothly but otherwise it has taught me to run higher cadence for longer because that's what keeps the assist engaged and the hr steady in the range where I want it. I'm curious now to get back out on the old bike to see how it has translated but I'm having way too much fun with the e-bike to make the change back, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I've noticed that I ride just a little bit faster than my friends on acoustic bikes but a lot slower than most on e-bikes. Maybe it's because I'm the only one on a hardtail but I don't think so. I think a lot of people just crave the speed and since they have the tool to get them there they're taking advantage of it. I can't tell if all of the blown out turns are from e-bikes, dirt bikes or just because it's so damned dry the trail edges are crumbling. The part about being faster than all the acoustic riders kinda sux, the mosquitoes are feasting on my ass because I'm always sitting still waiting for them Heh, I haven't waited for anyone other than my wife for 30 years

PSA check your rear spoke tension. I've apparently been beating the life out of my back wheel, the thing was wobbly when I checked it the other day. I think it's good to go now but I may change my thinking on 46mm carbon wheels and go with something more enduro oriented. I sure do like the burly look the wide rims and 3" tires give it and it is nice and plush and they're also super stiff laterally (when the spoke tension is right ) so it corners like it's on rails. Some people say that they can't toss e-bikes around like their regular bike, maybe so but I don't find it to be so much so that it slows me down. In fact I think through a lot of fast descending including quick edge to edge twisty stuff I'm faster than on acoustic bikes until it gets too chunky then the ultra stiff hardtail beats me up too much and I have to back off. The frame is stiffer than any regular bike has ever been.

On the health front, this bike has done wonders for me recovering from the heart attack and the doctors in the hospital fkng me up after that last December and January. I can get out and hammer for 2 hours at a time now with just a few rest breaks. I can sustain a heart rate in the 140's for 30 minutes or so with spikes to 160 without blowing up, when I got it in the spring I struggled to hold the 130's for more than a few minutes and 145 would force me to stop with terrible headrushes. I vary the assist level to keep the hr in the right range but now generally run in eco until it gets really steep or techy when I'll punch it up to keep things running smoothly but otherwise it has taught me to run higher cadence for longer because that's what keeps the assist engaged and the hr steady in the range where I want it. I'm curious now to get back out on the old bike to see how it has translated but I'm having way too much fun with the e-bike to make the change back, lol.
    I found that i ride with a higher heart rate with higher assist, probably because i go faster uphill, which means more vertical feet per minute, or more total effort.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Im going a few km/h faster but for the mpst part the trail dictates the speed(traction, corners , tech limit the motor power thats usable). Its nice on the tech trails that lack flow and wet rooty climbs that i might avoid on rainy days. The few extra km/h and touch of motor over run make those trails fun again on those days. Good for night rides too, when you dont carry as much speed even with lights, that little assist injects a little flow to the night riding apprehension. Those couple extda km/h and a touch of motor over run inject some fun flow to those sections. When the climbs are less tech, not too steep and in strakght sections im adding 8-10 km/h but line of sight is good there. Im just not seeing a conflict arising. Im pulling over and letting prople pass as before. My bike by mistake came eith a 25km/h max assist. Its supposed to be 32km/h in N America and the only place im finding i want the 32km/h is getting to and from the trail and occasionally on the trail when i want to carry speed up a hill after descending down into the uphill. In that case itd be nice to have the 32km/h to carry the downhill speed up the hill. In most cases, just those few extra km/h would be enough and as soon as youre into the climb youre back to being limited by trail obstacles and traction. Im in the process of setting up an appointment at my local shop where shimano remotely set my motor to the 32 km/h max. Not a big deal so far but itll be nice to have in those parts i described above. I guess those super powered bikes would rocket on non tech trsils that are relatively straight and not too steep. I call that commuting

Ps- thats super cool to here your progression gravitylover. Scary beginning but sounds like you're having a blast

Riding the BAM on a long uphill ride with friends on their 20 year old analog bikes it was a challenge to hang back with them. Ended up in 1st gear and PAS 1 most of the way. On the back down I had to let it roll more. Fun times with beers consumed, fire towers climbed and leafs peeped.
    watch out for snakes

I find that even on level 1 I'm still generally faster because I have to keep up a pretty high cadence and can't stay in 1st gear so average ~6mph on the ups. That's a consistent speed rather than radical speed up and slow down like acoustic riders do so I can watch them disappear behind me after a half mile or so or a really steep section. Ehh, it is what it is.

Re: heart rate. rod9301- I tend to bump the assist level but back off on my effort so I don't spike since that's my goal but if I don't hit that paddle in time and force it over a steep roller or something I'll pop too high and feel like shit for the next few minutes. These partially blocked arteries are a real pain in the ass, I have one that's 30% and another (the widowmaker) that's 70%, that's why steady is so important. High is okay but steady is the key as those spikes coud dislodge something and do me in.

Has anyone tried the new Box 9 speed wide ratio drivetrain? It seems to me to be an almost perfect e-mtb solution to fast wearing, finicky 11 or 12 speed stuff.

Well Specialized, after the launch of the new Enduro I was expecting to be blown away with an upcoming Kenevo, however, I'm finding this new bike to be extremely underwhelming.

Buddy of mine cobbled together this fully E powered bike and I've been testing it out for the past month. He wanted to test the various parts to see if it all works before committing to a full install on a decent bike. Test unit is an old junker he got for free. 1500 watt hub drive. Battery system is primarily used for tools like leaf blower and chainsaw. Bike does 60km/hr on true flats and has pretty good umph for reasonable grade uphills. Batts last about 20 minutes at full throttle. I'd bring three on a ride and cruise around town for an hour. Awesome throttle twisting fun. Due to a structural back issue I can't pedal a regular bike but have a quiver of recumbents. The long wheelbase unit with front fairing is gonna get the full E mod next spring. Pulling a little trailer, it'll be gas buck saving grocery getter and highway shoulder cruiser to the local swimming holes and hiking trailheads.

Name:  P1110702.JPG
Views: 414
Size:  350.8 KB

Name:  P1110703.JPG
Views: 354
Size:  270.3 KB

Name:  P1110705.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  320.6 KB

Name:  P1110704.JPG
Views: 346
Size:  283.0 KB

Name:  P1110701.JPG
Views: 345
Size:  224.2 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Ha! Sick. I recognized that EGO battery/charger from my chainsaw.

So try not to lose your battery. Rode home from work after a 12+ hr day with a little buzz on. Bike path was pitch black, no moon, my lights were totally insufficient. Also, it was all downhill for 3-4 miles and since it was so dark I left the display turned off because the light made it hard to see. Crashed a few times, but nothing too hard as I was going pretty slow.
    Then I reached the uphill, ~2.5 miles of 500’ vert. Normally not that tough, but on a 45 lb fat bike, at midnight after a long day, yeah let’s turn on the motor! Wait. No motor. Won’t turn on. Get to a lighted spot right at the bottom of the hill and check out the bike. Where the fuck is the battery? That $600 block of power that I need to get up that hill!

Ride around for an hour in the dark looking, rode all the way back to work, but never found it. Ended up grinding the rest of the way home and rode back over the hill the next morning to look for it.

After another few hours of searching, found it laying in some tall grass without a scratch on it.

Now I’ve got new lights coming, a frame bag to hold the battery better, and hopefully learned a few lessons. Apparently there’s more of a learning curve to this ebike commuting shit than previously expected.