No carbon brakes but has
    Split Top Tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post

Yamaha.
    https://electricbikereview.com/forum...-ypj-yz.30410/
    I'm getting a woody.
    No carbon brakes but has
    Split Top Tubes.
    There seems like there is something wrong with the fork on that fucking monstrosity... like the lowers are too short?

Inverted xfusion fork. Good first effort. Looks cool from the top with the split top tube.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Inverted xfusion fork. Good first effort. Looks cool from the top with the split top tube.

Ahhhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    There seems like there is something wrong with the fork on that fucking monstrosity... like the lowers are too short?

Dirt bike fork?

At this point, if anyone doesnt understand what riding an eeb is like youre
    A. Havent considered any of their actual functions and are biased and willfully ignorant
    B. Have read up on them but havent ridden one, still biased , a bit of a slow learner
    C. Have ridden one a time or 3 , still biased and willfully ignorant and should probably wear a hockey helmet 24/7

Not saying theyre everyones "thing" just stating the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post

Yamaha.
    https://electricbikereview.com/forum...-ypj-yz.30410/
    I'm getting a woody.
    No carbon brakes but has
    Split Top Tubes.
    Yamaha pffft

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/moto...imited-edition

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Do we want to talk about inverted single crown forks on heavy ass bikes? #bringbacktheshiversc

That letter from the Montana advocacy guys was spot on. E-bikes are cool, but they make for dicey propositions if bundled in with human powered bikes from an advocacy perspective.

If a portion of the $$ that the endemic and non-endemic e-bike producing companies spend on development was put into formulating an access strategy, we’d all be better off. Putting on blinders in regards to the inevitable progression of batteries and motors and insisting on piggybacking onto legacy mtb access battles is disingenuous.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Because you dont ride one youre willing to say eebers are piggybacking onto mtb access. In most cases emtb riders were mtbers that built trail and pushed for trail to the point we have current access.
    There will be seesawing kneejerk reactions to access but the overall access will increase because rider numbers get access. My forecasting>your forecasting

You mad bro?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I find it strange that many trails that are frequently shuttled do not allow ebikes. Do people think that the downhill is going to be ruined by ebikes? They'll skid all the turns into oblivion or something?

Probably has something to do with the trail in question being designated as non-motorized. That is just a wild guess.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Because you dont ride one youre willing to say eebers are piggybacking onto mtb access. In most cases emtb riders were mtbers that built trail and pushed for trail to the point we have current access.
    There will be seesawing kneejerk reactions to access but the overall access will increase because rider numbers get access. My forecasting>your forecasting

“In most cases...”. really? The gentleman from Montana who wrote that letter would disagree.

Dude, you’re in rural BC. Your govt gives huge grants to build trails and also allows harvests of massive swaths of forest...just sayin, your relationships to forest and access issues are worlds apart from what we get to deal with down here; particularly in urban interface/adjacent trails.
    I get that you love your ebike and how it allows you to ride from the top of the lift to the top of the worlds longest flow trail, but down here where we’ve spent decades trying disconnect ‘mechanized’ from ‘motorized’, the rather sudden appearance of these motor assisted bikes is destabilizing to many access efforts.
    Good day sir.

All paved MUT's in Colorado were Non-Motorized, until the Governor signed a bill allowing E-bikes, at Municipalities discretion.
    We have a really nice MUT system here and a parking problem in town. It's been a huge success and I see people commuting on E-bikes all the time now.
    Not allowing them on Paved MUT's, just because an already existing antiMTB group will use it against all bikes, is stupid.

All avid riders, will be on an E-bike at some point of their life.

I have a townie e-bike and it’s great, I love it, I drive my car less because of it.
    E-bikes are an excellent transportation solution and paved MUTs are a completely different issue than non-motorized single track.

Maybe where you live. Here it's guys in jeans with kneepads on top with wierd fitting endurpo fullfaces with wobble steering and reeboks.

Read some of your posts in this thread man. You're basically calling everyone who doesn't recognize the genius of ebikes stupid, prejudiced, or dishonest.

Those things are fucking heavy and I have no interest in riding them downhill. That's just the truth.

Now that said, I both get joe's point, and also think it's a miserable state of affairs that mountainbikers are in a position that they have to tell everyone that "no, we're not the real culprit, it's those nasty motorized users". That's bullshit. I think ebikes are goofy, but class 1 ebikes don't do shit other than piss off the wilderness society.........well guess what, us mountainbikers already did that anyway. We do have a common adversary and it's not each other.

I don't expect anyone who lives outside of the united states of smug superiority to understand just how ridiculous it is here with the non-profit "conservation" business model in full swing. It's just fucking stupid down here.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I have a townie e-bike and it’s great, I love it, I drive my car less because of it.
    E-bikes are an excellent transportation solution and paved MUTs are a completely different issue than non-motorized single track.

I agree, but Mr. Tucker’s editorial doesn’t clarify that and the.title implies the opposite.

^^^ Ummmmm what?

On our public lands, motorized electric bicycles (e-bikes) should be managed for what they are: motorized vehicles. This is not to say that the Southwest Montana Mountain Bike Association (SWMMBA) opposes electric motorized bicycles. Indeed, many of our members own and ride e-bikes, but on motorized trails, of which there are many.
    Seems pretty clear that he is talking about dirt covered trails.

As for the title of the Op-ed. the local fishwrapper usually handles the titles and almost always fucks that part up.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    “In most cases...”. really? The gentleman from Montana who wrote that letter would disagree.

Dude, you’re in rural BC. Your govt gives huge grants to build trails and also allows harvests of massive swaths of forest...just sayin, your relationships to forest and access issues are worlds apart from what we get to deal with down here; particularly in urban interface/adjacent trails.
    I get that you love your ebike and how it allows you to ride from the top of the lift to the top of the worlds longest flow trail, but down here where we’ve spent decades trying disconnect ‘mechanized’ from ‘motorized’, the rather sudden appearance of these motor assisted bikes is destabilizing to many access efforts.
    Good day sir.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Maybe where you live. Here it's guys in jeans with kneepads on top with wierd fitting endurpo fullfaces with wobble steering and reeboks.

Read some of your posts in this thread man. You're basically calling everyone who doesn't recognize the genius of ebikes stupid, prejudiced, or dishonest.

Those things are fucking heavy and I have no interest in riding them downhill. That's just the truth.

Now that said, I both get joe's point, and also think it's a miserable state of affairs that mountainbikers are in a position that they have to tell everyone that "no, we're not the real culprit, it's those nasty motorized users". That's bullshit. I think ebikes are goofy, but class 1 ebikes don't do shit other than piss off the wilderness society.........well guess what, us mountainbikers already did that anyway. We do have a common adversary and it's not each other.

I don't expect anyone who lives outside of the united states of smug superiority to understand just how ridiculous it is here with the non-profit "conservation" business model in full swing. It's just fucking stupid down here.
    I stand by my comment(in full) and other recent comments regardless of which side of the border. The only difference is time frame and level of ignorance. It also seems that level of ignorance , in both their eventual acceptance and the actual traits that make their weight better on the dh in certain situations , directly relates to the amount of tribalism and need of a foil.
    As in my previous comment, you dont want one, dont get one. Theyre here to stay and they rip dh and jump well

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    You mad bro?
    Did that sound mad? You slow bro ?

Sad.
    The biggest threat to mountain biking is mountain bikers.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Sad.
    The biggest threat to mountain biking is grinch.
    Fify

Also, what Joetron said.

You feel threatened? What a pussy

Bikers be a dysfunctional family.
    watch out for snakes

I stand by my comment(in full) and other recent comments regardless of which side of the border. The only difference is time frame and level of ignorance.
    You are correct, that is the difference: south of the border the discussion is always focused on "permanent" policies. You have the luxury of imagining time can be on your side and we do not. (If you age out before it happens, was time really on your side?) And of course people have been trying to explain our access problem to you since before you ever actually rode an e-bike, and the level of ignorance doesn't seem to be changing, so it's hard to blame that on the border, either.

Stay passionate bro. And start sharing more trails with real motorcycles; a lot of what you're saying will be verified (in principle) and you might catch some of the nuance.