Page 65 of 197 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4912
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Just noticed this, there are a couple companies that offer aftermarket aux batteries for the One Wheel...One guy routinely does 200 mile days on a board with a stock range of 18 miles.
    Is that for a hub motor? I was meaning something that fit existing plug ins and carrier placement for mid drive motor bikes. Shimano steps or brose motors in particular. Then the battery fitment would have to vary depending on the frame. External would be acceptable with a sturdy attachment for off road use and good placement on the frame out of harm's way. Itd have to have a cord from that mount position to fit to the existing battery connection . The best would be just the same design that came with the bike just an aftermarket knock off that's less expensive. The shell can be the same size for fit but offer less battery capacity just used as a top up with less weight. 500w has been fairly standard so maybe a 300w. An extra 300w would be great or could even be used for short rides at the same time have a lighter bike. There's definitely a market

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

All this talk of batteries and weight. Jesus.
    I'm not it it to do 6hrs of constant pedaling on any bike. If I was, I'd probably be shopping for lycra, clipless pedals and some kind of carbon hard tail thing that involves getting in better shape.
    I'm looking to have fun for a couple hours on something that hopefully goes uphill quickly and allows me to have fun when I turn around and go back down in gravity mode. And weight is an issue to people who are talking about Ebikes a lot more than it seems to be an issue for people who are actually riding ebikes. Word seems to be, weight isn't nearly as important as how it rides.
    But what do I know? I'm just a mindless troll yammering away on the internet about something I know very little about, but have a moderate curiosity in.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    All this talk of batteries and weight. Jesus.
    I'm not it it to do 6hrs of constant pedaling on any bike. If I was, I'd probably be shopping for lycra, clipless pedals and some kind of carbon hard tail thing that involves getting in better shape.
    I'm looking to have fun for a couple hours on something that hopefully goes uphill quickly and allows me to have fun when I turn around and go back down in gravity mode. And weight is an issue to people who are talking about Ebikes a lot more than it seems to be an issue for people who are actually riding ebikes. Word seems to be, weight isn't nearly as important as how it rides.
    But what do I know? I'm just a mindless troll yammering away on the internet about something I know very little about, but have a moderate curiosity in.
    Absolutely right, weight doesn't really matter

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    What bike did you get?
    got the Raleigh Superbe http://raleigh-canada.ca/superbe-ie
    This is my 2nd summer on it and have been very happy with it.
    I like that it's kind of stealth ebike too, with the battery on the back and kinda looking like an old bike. It was only $1500 or so full retail too
    Here's a pic from last summer- I added a handlebar with more sweep and attached the wine box
    I was interested to see how the battery held up after leaving it in the garage all winter and it's been a champ so far this week
    I'm so sad that it's supposed to be rain/snow mix the next few days bc I already hate having to be in the car. our pathway system here is also incredible though so that adds to the pleasure
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6535.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	282725
    skid luxury

It's here Basic assembly is done now I need to dial it in tonight. I'll get a picture in the daylight tomorrow after it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    It's here Basic assembly is done now I need to dial it in tonight. I'll get a picture in the daylight tomorrow after it's done.
    New bike day is the best day

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    got the Raleigh Superbe http://raleigh-canada.ca/superbe-ie
    This is my 2nd summer on it and have been very happy with it.
    I like that it's kind of stealth ebike too, with the battery on the back and kinda looking like an old bike. It was only $1500 or so full retail too
    Here's a pic from last summer- I added a handlebar with more sweep and attached the wine box
    I was interested to see how the battery held up after leaving it in the garage all winter and it's been a champ so far this week
    I'm so sad that it's supposed to be rain/snow mix the next few days bc I already hate having to be in the car. our pathway system here is also incredible though so that adds to the pleasure

Name:	IMG_6535.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	282725
    That's a sharp looking bike! Dig the old school townie look to it.

How long is your commute?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Word seems to be, weight isn't nearly as important as how it rides.
    I found the weight of the ebikes I've ridden to be pretty noticeable. Especially on techie trails and steeper stuff. On mellower / flowier trails, it mattered less.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I found the weight of the ebikes I've ridden to be pretty noticeable. Especially on techie trails and steeper stuff. On mellower / flowier trails, it mattered less.
    Interesting. Definitely acknowledging that everyone will have their own reaction. I'm totally fine with each individual getting what they want out of the sport.
    We rode down Longhorn and down Belcher Hill at White Ranch in Golden. Completely legal endeavors on an Ebike. On Longhorn, I was surprised how much I just didn't think about it being anything other than a well balanced enduro bike. Super duper fun. On Belcher Hill, pinning it through the chunky roadbed (different day, because everything else was snowed out), the heavy bike just felt more like a DH bike than a trail bike. In a good way. In both instances, we rode up Belcher Hill and enjoyed ourselves, smiling all the way. A climb that had been 100% not enjoyable previously on enduro bikes. Even when pushing the bike, weight wasn't nearly as much of an issue as I thought it would be.
    As with all bikes, getting it dialed in with components and cockpit fit that works for me is 1000x more important than weight (or battery life for that matter). How smooth and reliable the motor/battery is will be 100000x more important to me than battery size or mounting spot or spare battery availability.
    However many are in a shit ton.

I'm looking to be between 37 and 44lbs for a good balance between weight and planted. It's there now but that takes more money than I have. In happy with the capability of a 50lb bike with what they're capable of(more laps , ability to climb hike a bikes, great for riding on an otherwise recovery day).
    The extra battery in the pack will be needed for some of the big vertical possibilities around here if you want to get to the top in places that you'll need more than eco setting occasionally, or the ski hill where you have to climb 1500ft above the gondi or possibly climb 500ft back to the gondi base to get more than 2 laps. Dh laps around here are 4-7000 ft. Youlk need more than 500w to get a full second lap of the 4000ft dh trails. 7000 requiring some trail and boost mode might need 2 500w batteries or atleast close. Not a bad problem to have

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Is that for a hub motor? I was meaning something that fit existing plug ins and carrier placement for mid drive motor bikes. Shimano steps or brose motors in particular. Then the battery fitment would have to vary depending on the frame. External would be acceptable with a sturdy attachment for off road use and good placement on the frame out of harm's way. Itd have to have a cord from that mount position to fit to the existing battery connection . The best would be just the same design that came with the bike just an aftermarket knock off that's less expensive. The shell can be the same size for fit but offer less battery capacity just used as a top up with less weight. 500w has been fairly standard so maybe a 300w. An extra 300w would be great or could even be used for short rides at the same time have a lighter bike. There's definitely a market

ya 750W hub motor. One company sells the parts to attach and hook up an EGO battery. Of whatever wattage you want to afford. Other kits have the batteries in a backpack. It's obviously voltage specific, but 'range' will soon be almost endless if the OW progression of savvy entrepreneurs finding a niche kicks in.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

ya 750W hub motor. One company sells the parts to attach and hook up an EGO battery. Of whatever wattage you want to afford. Other kits have the batteries in a backpack. It's obviously voltage specific, but 'range' will soon be almost endless if the OW progression of savvy entrepreneurs finding a niche kicks in.
    Oh ok. Ya I hear there's a few advancements in the pipe. Might be a while though. I'm ok with a hub motor for a commuter . Probably end up with one for some light errands around town

My e-folder has a pretty small hub motor and battery inside the frame. I've done 25 mile rides with it and still had half battery left and usually keep it on the middle (of 3) setting. It's a pretty stealth looking rig because of the small hub motor that hides behind the cassette. Unless you notice the controller and wires, that run down along the regular cables, you wouldn't know it's an e-bike. Unfortunately it rides and handles like a folding bike with 20" wheels but that's not such a bad thing.

Well, kinda related. I thought that this scooter thing would kill urban ebikes, but, cities are pushing back. Thank god. ER rooms breath a sigh of relief.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/p...ntl/index.html

Name:	20190516_104140.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	282784

Haha it's that new sticky rubber stuff... I don't know why it flipped the pic over.

Day 1 already getting inverted! Sick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, kinda related. I thought that this scooter thing would kill urban ebikes, but, cities are pushing back. Thank god. ER rooms breath a sigh of relief.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/p...ntl/index.html
    ya fuck those things. I do like the bike share programs in some cities, New Orlean's Blue Bikes were awesome a few weeks ago...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Day 1 already getting inverted! Sick!!
    I laughed.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Lol, touche GL!

I am kind of leaning toward a cruiser bike with a rack I can still carry a small load from the store with. I called and talked to a very nice person at Commencal about some of their Emtn bikes. If I were to go this route I would get one of their offerings.

I really like your bike Bbear.

I was just in Costco today and they had an entry level Ebike that was a basic mtn style with a hub drive. I could find no specs or price but that just shows you they are out there and gaining speed. Literally.
    watch out for snakes

Where are the self-driving bikes so I can take a snooze-cruise to work? Current offerings seem to just have motors, what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Where are the self-driving bikes so I can take a snooze-cruise to work? Current offerings seem to just have motors, what gives?
    Truedat. We were supposed to have mf jetpacks by now!!!

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That's a sharp looking bike! Dig the old school townie look to it.

How long is your commute?
    thanks. commute is aboot 5 miles each way
    I can get a few days out of a charge and at least half the time I also ride home for lunch and back too

Truedat. We were supposed to have mf jetpacks by now!!!
    and where is my flying car??
    skid luxury

I am checking out a medical supply store on fleabay, they have a fat tire ebikes for dang good price, $1500ish.

They have the exact same specs as similar brand name bikes that start around 3K.

Probably made in the same factory in China.

I can live with matte black as the color.
    watch out for snakes