Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136
Results 3,376 to 3,382 of 3382
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Aggg tempted to do a garage build full suspension bike. Some little Italian start-up is making a retrofit unit that functions that same as the Rocky Mountain bike with a small cog driving the chain.

Stuff a small battery up inside the downtube giving just enough power for the quick hit lunch hour power hour ride.

I like that idea, especially w a small battery/normal downtube if the bb is seperate from the motor like the rocky's. It can serve as a regular mtb apart from an extra 4/5lbs for the motor, especially if its a common easily replaceable bb

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I like that idea, especially w a small battery/normal downtube if the bb is seperate from the motor like the rocky's. It can serve as a regular mtb apart from an extra 4/5lbs for the motor, especially if its a common easily replaceable bb

This idea is burning further into my head. I like many people are time constrained so I really don't need 600wh+ of battery. Build the bike around a smaller form factor 300wh battery thus keeping weight even lower in both weight and COG.

Looking back at what Vouilloz did with the Lapierre Overvolt GLP 2 he looked at battery options to drop weight.

The look of this thing has grown on me. It comes with the lighter 500wh block mount battery rather than the heavier in downtube option, and it opens the option to run the smaller lighter 300w option.

Basically build a bike around mounting a Rockery Overtime size battery (300w) and own a second one that you can toss in your pack. The smaller 300w batteries weight about 4lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    This idea is burning further into my head. I like many people are time constrained so I really don't need 600wh+ of battery. Build the bike around a smaller form factor 300wh battery thus keeping weight even lower in both weight and COG.

Looking back at what Vouilloz did with the Lapierre Overvolt GLP 2 he looked at battery options to drop weight.

The look of this thing has grown on me. It comes with the lighter 500wh block mount battery rather than the heavier in downtube option, and it opens the option to run the smaller lighter 300w option.

Basically build a bike around mounting a Rockery Overtime size battery (300w) and own a second one that you can toss in your pack. The smaller 300w batteries weight about 4lbs.
    Yes im leaning toward that. Half the time with my E i do end up riding longer yhamn expected. 4lbs would be nothing to carry. The water bottle mount extender batteries are a good idea as well. People seem to be able to get a lot of km's out of their levo sl's with the extender. The bottle mount extender makes the bike possible to fly with just using the extender, if thats on your radar. I think its 200w max for carry on luggage. Thats not a concern right now for me (pandemic) but i wish yt just used a shimano battery so i could take the bike on flights and rent a battery on location. Easier to track down shimano or bosch batteries

I don't think I'd ever fly with it. This would be the lunch hour power hour machine.

Perfect. Be interesting to see what you come up with and how the motor battery perform.
    Theres a lot of benefits to extra weight if you have tourque/assist but there's also a lot of benefits to a light weight option. It takes me a bit to adjust to either switching back and forth but not too long. A little extra weight centralized is going to be sweet

I think this is a mags account. Not positive as i get mixed up on who's who. Anyway i like their pics. Very good photog. Turns out theyre an eeber. Interesting statsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210321-102250_Instagram.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	368323

Anyone have any suggestions for 160mm aluminium cranks for a shimano motor? My lower line shimano cranks are bent and i think xt cranks are delayed for a while