Page 103 of 197 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4901
    When I'm out for the interview, I'll probably stay another day, rent a bike, and ride the trail. I'll see how long it takes and how much extra oomph it would take for me to do the ride in what I would consider acceptable commuting time. But we shall see. Maybe they won't even like me so it will all be moot.

Thanks for the advice!

Pretty interesting take on the Spec Levo SL from Enduro-MTB where they decided to include it in their BEST TRAIL BIKE 2020 shoot-out.

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/the-best-t...ke-mtb-review/

"However, there was one bike in the test field that put an even bigger grin on the faces of our eight-person test crew, eliciting many involuntary cries of joy: the Specialized Levo SL. Some of our test crew have more than six years experience with eMTBs and have also ridden lightweight eMTBs like the Lapierre eZesty and the NOX Helium. But none of us have ever ridden a bike that is as well thought out as the Levo SL! While it may be officially an eMTB, its agile handling belies that fact, differing only slightly from that of a non-motorised bike and making it feel more like a trail bike with a motor. The Levo SL is the logical evolution of non-motorised bikes and takes the riding experience to the next level! If you buy this bike, you get the handling of a classic trail bike with the benefits of an eMTB, minus the disadvantages you would get with a classic eMTB. We think the Specialized Levo SL Expert Carbon represents the next level of mountain biking and therefore secures this group test’s coveted Best Buy tip!"

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Pretty interesting take on the Spec Levo SL from Enduro-MTB where they decided to include it in their BEST TRAIL BIKE 2020 shoot-out.

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/the-best-t...ke-mtb-review/

"However, there was one bike in the test field that put an even bigger grin on the faces of our eight-person test crew, eliciting many involuntary cries of joy: the Specialized Levo SL. Some of our test crew have more than six years experience with eMTBs and have also ridden lightweight eMTBs like the Lapierre eZesty and the NOX Helium. But none of us have ever ridden a bike that is as well thought out as the Levo SL! While it may be officially an eMTB, its agile handling belies that fact, differing only slightly from that of a non-motorised bike and making it feel more like a trail bike with a motor. The Levo SL is the logical evolution of non-motorised bikes and takes the riding experience to the next level! If you buy this bike, you get the handling of a classic trail bike with the benefits of an eMTB, minus the disadvantages you would get with a classic eMTB. We think the Specialized Levo SL Expert Carbon represents the next level of mountain biking and therefore secures this group test’s coveted Best Buy tip!"
    I wish they had made the Levo SL similar to the eZesty adn the NOX Helium in that you can just take the battery and motor unit off and ride it as a slightly portly trail bike. The EZesty at least isn't outside the range of a budget trail/enduro bike weight wise without the battery. I could just replace my current, very similar class main bike and ride it with the motor/battery for commuting and when it make sense, and as a regular bike otherwise. Plus, having the detachable unit would make charging during the day for the ride home easy and limit the downsides of the small battery.

Disadvantages vs disadvantages

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Santa Cruz finally released there new ebike, looks pretty sweet, but seems light on range with the 500 watt battery.

The 700 watt battery on my levo has spoiled me. Spent last Thursday in Downieville and my friends on there 500 watt batteries were done after the first ride (about 5k vert) I did two more rides that day, did switch batteries after the second for a 10,200 vert day. Done plenty of rides since I got mine in which a 500 watt just won’t cut it.

Santa Cruz bike
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JedC_PqMYsg&app=desktop

$11k? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    ...looks pretty sweet...
    You think? I don't think it looks great at all. Maybe if it came out 3yrs ago, but a bunch are (on paper) have better specs, are cheaper, or are cheaper and have better specs.

I know you have to ride something to actually see if it's good, but ,on paper, I see no compelling reason to get this bike over a good number of e-bikes already out there.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Rode last Thursday with Kurt in this video in Downieville, it’s the thing I really like about ebikes it is opening up those stupid big rides with lots of overgrade trail on the way up. Some which were one and done on a regular bike for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p42r...WDRkPbmGVt8c40

What’s significant about this release is Minnaar. Another step in the normalizing of EBikes.
    Try to slag the GOAT. Go ahead. I dare you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Somehow these Downieville videos have me thinking more about Ebikes and LoamWolf made a great point saying how now suddenly the classic torture rides that you might do once per year are now more accessible.

We have a classic epic around here called Cox Hill which requires a 14km gravel road shuttle (or pedal) and then climbs which are eroded, steep, rough, and loose but the views are absolutely amazing and the final downhill is one of the roughest and best around. It used to be a popular ride in the 90s but erosion has really done its thing to scare a lot of people off. I see now Ebikes transforming it back to popularity...but fuck, it will NOT be able to handle it.

Another example would be pedaling instead of shuttling something like the Whole Enchilada (hope you bring an extra battery). I usually pedal it from town and its really not as bad or long as you would think and I foresee Ebikers maybe deciding to do the same.

I realize these are obvious points but its something I didn't really think about before.

Remind me again how much the geometry will be affected by 'mulletting' the Heckler with a 150 fork?

Totally see the fit for dirt mopeds at dville.

Here’s a blog worth a read. https://goodheartsolutions.com/2019/...emtb-thoughts/

Somehow these Downieville videos have me thinking more about Ebikes and LoamWolf made a great point saying how now suddenly the classic torture rides that you might do once per year are now more accessible.

We have a classic epic around here called Cox Hill which requires a 14km gravel road shuttle (or pedal) and then climbs which are eroded, steep, rough, and loose but the views are absolutely amazing and the final downhill is one of the roughest and best around. It used to be a popular ride in the 90s but erosion has really done its thing to scare a lot of people off. I see now Ebikes transforming it back to popularity...but fuck, it will NOT be able to handle it.

Another example would be pedaling instead of shuttling something like the Whole Enchilada (hope you bring an extra battery). I usually pedal it from town and its really not as bad or long as you would think and I foresee Ebikers maybe deciding to do the same.

I realize these are obvious points but its something I didn't really think about before.

Remind me again how much the geometry will be affected by 'mulletting' the Heckler with a 150 fork?
    I don’t think Burro, Hazzard, UPS, and LPS and lower porc are e-legal.
    Can anyone clarify?
    What also would suck is if fuckwits started riding up Porc, Downieville, etc.
    we don’t need that noise.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Can anyone clarify?
    Reverse Ahab...oh SNAP!!!

Just think of the Warren Miller collision blooper reels from any Saturday...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

UPS, and LPS and lower porc are not e-legal. Hell most of Moab ain’t. But plenty of dirtbike trails.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Totally see the fit for dirt mopeds at dville.

Here’s a blog worth a read. https://goodheartsolutions.com/2019/...emtb-thoughts/
    Thanks for posting that. Joe is a good egg and asked a lot of questions that beg for answers.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Can anyone clarify?
    They're not, not that it will stop anybody. See them all the time around here where they're not legal.

Oh no you di'n't! If it's not an official one-way DH trail I can ride it any direction I damn well please!

X-post for the eebers who refuse to accept the fact that wildernuts will use Ebikes as a bludgeon to limit access: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/s...nal-parks.html

Haven't ridden Cox but it looks sweet. Other examples of areas that cannot handle it (ebike traffic) is Dark Crystal on Blackcomb and the Sproatt alpine stuff (at least muni staff there are "educating" ebike riders who ignore the ban, but no fines). Can't really do much especially in a place like Whistler, tourists that spend literally thousands for their mtb holidays are going to ride the marquee trails regardless of weather conditions and signs saying no ebikes, and in the process shitkick them (45lbs ebike on Dark Crystal when wet = sadness).

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    That Kenevo video is a bike-hating Sierra Clubber's wet dream.

A few weeks back two vehicles pull up as I'm getting ready to ride, and guys unload their e-bikes. Guy in one vehicle says to his friends "I'm super bummed I'm not going to be able to do the whole ride today. I forgot to charge the bike last night and I only have 2 bars left". I had to ask what the problem is, can't you still pedal it? Got no response of course. E-bikers soon passed me on the climb. About 20 mins later the one guy comes rolling back down the trail. Final dig I point out "if you had a real bike you'd still be out there riding"

The best thing about ebikes? If you don’t like them, you don’t have to ride them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    The best thing about ebikes? If you don’t like them, you don’t have to ride them.
    I don't dislike ebikes. If I had money to burn I'd probably own one. What I do dislike is:

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    eebers who refuse to accept the fact that wildernuts will use Ebikes as a bludgeon to limit access
    since there is ample evidence supporting that fact. Also, come on, evdog's story is objectively funny. You have to be quite the putz to bail on a ride after 20 minutes because your battery died.

Oh no you di'n't! If it's not an official one-way DH trail I can ride it any direction I damn well please!
    Was down in Moab in the fall to guide the Fat Tire Festival, around 1994.

Drizzly overcast kind of a day and I was bored so I rode up Porc to the Castle Valley overlook. Zero downhill traffic.

Awesome pour off action and waterfalls out the ass, great climb.

I don't dislike E-bikes, some of their owners are douches though.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Haven't ridden Cox but it looks sweet. Other examples of areas that cannot handle it (ebike traffic) is Dark Crystal on Blackcomb and the Sproatt alpine stuff (at least muni staff there are "educating" ebike riders who ignore the ban, but no fines). Can't really do much especially in a place like Whistler, tourists that spend literally thousands for their mtb holidays are going to ride the marquee trails regardless of weather conditions and signs saying no ebikes, and in the process shitkick them (45lbs ebike on Dark Crystal when wet = sadness).
    That makes no sense. What about heavy people on 30lb bikes. They must be trail terrorists!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That Kenevo video is a bike-hating Sierra Clubber's wet dream.
    Ya no one does tgat on a non eeb.....

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    A few weeks back two vehicles pull up as I'm getting ready to ride, and guys unload their e-bikes. Guy in one vehicle says to his friends "I'm super bummed I'm not going to be able to do the whole ride today. I forgot to charge the bike last night and I only have 2 bars left". I had to ask what the problem is, can't you still pedal it? Got no response of course. E-bikers soon passed me on the climb. About 20 mins later the one guy comes rolling back down the trail. Final dig I point out "if you had a real bike you'd still be out there riding"
    You should mind your own business asshole