Page 88 of 197 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 4901
    Any more deets Gravitylover? Is your persy vlt1 getting built? Spec/price on a vlt 2

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Jumped the gunClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-2019-09-12-at-10.29.55-851x1024.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	293818Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-2019-09-12-at-10.16.29-564x1024.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	293819

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Yeah... not the same thing as pedal bikes, should not be allowed on non motorized trails.

Plus, I hear they are pretty easy to modify...

If I can haul myself up a mountain everyone else can, too.
    Damn girl, you're still stupid, nothing changed in the last two years

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

I like to think its the early days. A lot of people dont understand them. Slows the learning process when they dont want to understand. Shes no dummy

To each his/her own i guess

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Fuck, can we stop arguing over E-bikes and let's actually talk about who is making some good ones? You don't approve of people riding em on trails, fine, STFU you made your point. I feel like some parts of the country will have better access for these than others.

Most of the ones that come up on a google search are more geared toward commuting/grocery getters. What are some of the faster/longer range/ better built brands out there for actual trail riding?
    Haibike, nduro, 180 mm front and rear

"We’ve given the Range VLT the ultimate combination of Norco’s progressive handling and advanced long-travel suspension in a carbon e-MTB platform engineered to tackle the same trails as our non- electric Range – but the e-assist adds an extra helping of mayhem in the wild.The fully-integrated, efficient Shimano STEPS drive system and custom 630Wh or 500Wh in-tube battery – plus optional 360Wh Range extender battery that adds up to 72% additional capacity – lets you cover more terrain quicker and have as much fun powering the Range VLT up climbs as you will sending-it off jumps and screaming down descents."

I see this marketing brochure quote being read into the record at an MMWD board meeting

lighter, faster, and burlier is coming and it will be used in access battles. Rejoice or cry, your choice

Haa ya that’s probably the first time that claim has been used since the dawn of mtb. I scared

Next

Found the new nutty line trail in town. Fkn L she burl ives. Going to have to wait for the rain to stop to clean this one. The manmaker roll section had a big go around that i was debating whether to drop in or not. Hoping it looks a lil friendlier in the dry. I think someone with an eeb mightve put it in , couple super tech climbs that look near impossible otherwiseClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190912_154907.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	293886

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Any more deets Gravitylover? Is your persy vlt1 getting built? Spec/price on a vlt 2
    I hinted at it a while back when I got the initial details. Unfortunately I'm not with them anymore so I won't be getting one My Fluid VLT will have to do for a while until I pick up another bike line doing the right things. I should have the details on these, I'll go through some stuff they still send to me, I'm sure it's in there.

Oh i didnt forget. That hint had the imagination thinking of the possibilities. They did advance past what we're seeing elsewhere in atleast some aspects. Very nice bike. Too bad you still dont have them. Lots of others popping up with cool shit that need to get out there though. Urp has a few nice ones that need distributed over here. Whyte, Alutech looks amazing, liteville, rotwild, conway etc etc. Check that alutech out

This puppyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	alutech-efanes.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	293897

Sick. What is that?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Alutech. Ze germans spriechen ze ebike

Googlz alutech ebike. Can’t remember the model name. Some nice shapes on that beauty

Dayum, Range looks nice. Price not so much.

MtnHerpe still trying to tell others what to do. Check
    watch out for snakes

Looky what the stork brought last nightClick image for larger version. 

Name:	0913191403~2.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	293966

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmy2dollars View Post

Whoa!! A gen4, clean lines. Looks great. We need to see more build pics!!stat!! Is it a Bulls? Stoked for you $2. A glimmer of some nice parts peaking out too

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Whoa!! A gen4, clean lines. Looks great. We need to see more build pics!!stat!! Is it a Bulls? Stoked for you $2. A glimmer of some nice parts peaking out too
    Thanks Grinch, it's the wife's. I'm rocking last year's Bulls. This year they went with all Fox shocks and the brose s mag..... And a ginourmous 750 wh battery! The specs say it dropped 5 pounds. I'll post a pic when it's up and running. After seeing what mine can do, we're thinking this will take the place of 3 different bikes for her.

Thanks Grinch, it's the wife's. I'm rocking last year's Bulls. This year they went with all Fox shocks and the brose s mag..... And a ginourmous 750 wh battery! The specs say it dropped 5 pounds. I'll post a pic when it's up and running. After seeing what mine can do, we're thinking this will take the place of 3 different bikes for her.
    Cool. Thats some big advancements all the way around

It's like watching mountainbiking happen in 1986 all over again.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It's like watching mountainbiking happen in 1986 all over again.
    Same chainstays lengths. I think my cannondale had 19” stays. They measured in inches then was the only dif. “Are your cs’ 18 or 19?”

Does that have the Brose motor?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Does that have the Brose motor?
    Yup, the S Mag. I have the S Alum on mine.

That looks like fun. We should meet at Sterling or Blauvelt one weekday.

So I rode my bike twice and got the battery indicator down about 2 bars. It sat for a week then I topped it off before riding today. When I got to the trail I noticed that the range in eco, before starting out, was about 5 miles higher than it used to be. We only rode 9 miles so I'm going to let it sit again until the next ride then see where it's at after that. It would be nice if I do figure out a good storage and charge regimen and get better battery life.

I found a new "thing" with the bike while out today. It happened once before but I wasn't sure what to make of it but today I could replicate it. I have been spending more and more time in eco mode rather than the two higher modes and spinning more to get the assist rather than using the grunt available. Anyway, when I hit those inevitable super steep shots and don't have time to bump it up and have to grind all of a sudden it will start beeping then the motor cuts out for a second or two. If I stop it recovers pretty much right away and is ready to go again. Am I overheating something or over-torquing it? If it's in trail mode that doesn't seem to happen, only in eco (the lowest).

Gravity, sounds like you are good on the battery management. On the other, I have no idea. The only thing I can think is you spun too fast and somehow your system doesn't like that? The other is maybe at the lowest level your motor is sort of between speeds. We have a Haibike with a Yamaha motor, on the lowest level (Eco plus) it'll sometimes sound really weird. Like it's between gears or something. I've stopped using that speed. It's really minimal assist so not that big a deal.

Here's the new addition. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0914191836~2.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	294045
    Last edited by Iwantmy2dollars; 09-14-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Wow, this all sounds awesome.
    FTR, I fucking love my townie e-bike, but I’ve got enough shit to worry about with my mountain bike.
    Expect a super low geared singlespeed trend in a few years as low maintenance E-bike adopters lose their shit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums